Clyde Edward Magee – Child Molesting School Bus Driver – BUSTED


Disturbing news for parents in the Yuba City Unified School District. A school bus driver is accused of child molestation.

55 year old Clyde Magee Senior is accused of lewd acts with a child including penetration with a foreign object.

“It’s not right at all. If you’re going to drive kids or do anything with kids, you should be able to control yourself,” said Tierney Foster, a student in the district.

Family members say the victim is Magee’s 12 year old granddaughter. They say Magee molested her for up to a year and a half during visits at his home. She reportedly didn’t tell anyone, because Magee threatened her. Fearing he’d do the same to her six year old sister, she decided to come forward.

Neighbor Jay Welch says he recently saw the girl at Magee’s apartment.

“I was over there 10 days ago and he had three kids, 2 girls and one boy,” said Welch.

Parents in the school district are shocked and concerned, knowing someone accused of such heinous crimes had daily contact with other children.

“There are a lot of kids and the parents depend on the bus drivers to keep them safe not to be predatory. God, it’s awful,” said parent Holly Malott.

Magee is being held at the Sutter County Jail without bail. He’ll be arraigned in court on Monday.

Published in: on February 7, 2009 at 3:16 am  Leave a Comment  

Michael W. Smith – Child Porn Production by Teacher


A Pemiscot County man has been sentenced to federal prison for 24 years on a felony child pornography charge.

Michael W. Smith, 52, of Steele, Missouri, was sentenced to 293 months imprisonment on one felony count of Production of Child Pornography, according to U.S. Attorney Catherine L. Hanaway.

Upon release from prison, Smith will be placed on supervised release for the remainder of his life.

Smith appeared before U.S. District Court Judge Rodney W. Sippel December 16 in Cape Girardeau.

This case was brought as part of Project Safe Childhood. Hanaway said, “Protecting children from sexual exploitation is the central goal of Project Safe Childhood. Sadly, this case demonstrates that child predators can be people in positions of authority. Smith was a teacher’s aide at the victim’s school. This 24 year sentence supports that abuse of the trust innocent children afford to their teachers and production of child pornography will simply not be tolerated.”

In February 2006, the Department of Justice launched Project Safe Childhood. Led by the United States Attorneys’ Offices and the Criminal Division’s Child Exploitation and Obscenity Section (CEOS), the program marshals federal, state and local resources to better locate, apprehend, and prosecute individuals who exploit children, with an emphasis on exploitation via the internet.

As a part of his earlier guilty plea, Smith admitted that between June 1 and August 30, 2007, he used a Polaroid camera and film to take sexually explicit photographs of a minor male who was less than 12-years-old.

At the time of the offense, Smith was a teacher’s aide at the child’s school.

The photographs were taken at Smith’s residence in Steele, Missouri.

After Smith was arrested for charges involving statutory sodomy of another minor, Smith contacted a family member via telephone and directed the person to the location where the aforementioned Polaroid pictures were located. The pictures were contained in a paper bag. Smith instructed the family member to not look in the bag and to destroy the contents.

Earlier this year, Smith was convicted in Pemiscot County Circuit Court of charges related to statutory sodomy of another minor male.

Hanaway commended the Pemiscot County Sheriff’s Department and Prosecutor’s Office, the Missouri Department of Social Services State Technical Assistance Team, the Network Against Sexual Violence, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation for their combined efforts to prosecute this case. Assistant United States Attorney Abbie Crites-Leoni handled the prosecution for the government.

Michael W. Smith – Child Porn Production by Teacher


A Pemiscot County man has been sentenced to federal prison for 24 years on a felony child pornography charge.

Michael W. Smith, 52, of Steele, Missouri, was sentenced to 293 months imprisonment on one felony count of Production of Child Pornography, according to U.S. Attorney Catherine L. Hanaway.

Upon release from prison, Smith will be placed on supervised release for the remainder of his life.

Smith appeared before U.S. District Court Judge Rodney W. Sippel December 16 in Cape Girardeau.

This case was brought as part of Project Safe Childhood. Hanaway said, “Protecting children from sexual exploitation is the central goal of Project Safe Childhood. Sadly, this case demonstrates that child predators can be people in positions of authority. Smith was a teacher’s aide at the victim’s school. This 24 year sentence supports that abuse of the trust innocent children afford to their teachers and production of child pornography will simply not be tolerated.”

In February 2006, the Department of Justice launched Project Safe Childhood. Led by the United States Attorneys’ Offices and the Criminal Division’s Child Exploitation and Obscenity Section (CEOS), the program marshals federal, state and local resources to better locate, apprehend, and prosecute individuals who exploit children, with an emphasis on exploitation via the internet.

As a part of his earlier guilty plea, Smith admitted that between June 1 and August 30, 2007, he used a Polaroid camera and film to take sexually explicit photographs of a minor male who was less than 12-years-old.

At the time of the offense, Smith was a teacher’s aide at the child’s school.

The photographs were taken at Smith’s residence in Steele, Missouri.

After Smith was arrested for charges involving statutory sodomy of another minor, Smith contacted a family member via telephone and directed the person to the location where the aforementioned Polaroid pictures were located. The pictures were contained in a paper bag. Smith instructed the family member to not look in the bag and to destroy the contents.

Earlier this year, Smith was convicted in Pemiscot County Circuit Court of charges related to statutory sodomy of another minor male.

Hanaway commended the Pemiscot County Sheriff’s Department and Prosecutor’s Office, the Missouri Department of Social Services State Technical Assistance Team, the Network Against Sexual Violence, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation for their combined efforts to prosecute this case. Assistant United States Attorney Abbie Crites-Leoni handled the prosecution for the government.

Rev. Frank Genevieve – Pedophile Boy Raping Priest Sex Offender Pleads Guilty

A Franciscan priest from New York pleaded guilty Tuesday to five counts of statutory rape of two minors from a Troy parish during trips to Boston over a 12-year period.

The Rev. Frank Genevieve, 53, who lives in a Franciscan retreat in Wappingers Falls and once worked in a Troy church, entered a guilty plea as part of an agreement just before his trial was expected to start in Suffolk Superior Court, Boston.

One of his victims, Mark Lyman of Stillwater, the co-director of the Albany chapter of SNAP (the Survivors Network of Those Abused by Priests), was in court and preparing to testify when Genevieve pleaded guilty.

“It is a victory. I have been vindicated,” said Lyman. “Today I go from an alleged victim to a victim. I’ve always had a problem with that word ‘alleged.’ ”

“We have stopped this cycle of violence,” said Lyman. “He will be a lifetime sex offender. Everyone will know about him and he will not be able to hurt more children.”

Genevieve was sentenced by Superior Court Judge Charles Surplock to a suspended sentence of 8 to 10 years and five years of probation.

As part of the agreement, he cannot have any contact with minors, he must attend sex offender treatment and therapy, must stay away from the victims, must wear a GPS monitoring device, submit a DNA sample and register with the sex offender registry board, according to Erika Gully-Santiago, spokeswoman for the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office.

Genevieve was initially arraigned in July 2006 in Suffolk Superior Court in Massachusetts on four counts of child rape and was ordered to stay away from minor children and the two victims, who were between 13 and 16 years old at the time of the incidents. The alleged assaults occurred between 1977 and 1989.

Genevieve raped Lyman and the other minor in a rectory in the North End or in Genevieve’s car in downtown Boston, according to prosecutors. Because Genevieve returned to New York after each visit to Boston, the Massachusetts statute of limitations did not expire.

The Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany oversees St. Anthony’s of Padua in Troy, where Genevieve worked when the assaults took place. Because Genevieve was a member of the Franciscan order, he was not directly supervised by the diocese.

“Any comment would come from the Immaculate Conception Province of the Franciscans,” said the Rev. Kenneth Doyle, chancellor of the Albany Diocese. “He was not a priest of the diocese, never was, was not under supervision or control of the diocese and was not employed by us.”

The Franciscan Province of the Immaculate Conception removed Genevieve from active ministry in June 2002. Province officials could not be reached on Tuesday.

Genevieve taught at the former Christopher Columbus Catholic High School in Boston’s North End in the 1980s. He was an assistant priest at St. Margaret’s Parish in Buzzards Bay, Mass., from 1998 to 2000, according to a spokesman for the Diocese of Fall River, Mass.

Attorney John Aretakis, who sent the original complaint about Genevieve to the Suffolk County district attorney, said on Tuesday that still more needs to be done to protect children from abusive priests.

“I am unhappy that here we are six years into the pedophilia scandal and we have a priest who admits to raping children and he is not doing a day in jail,” said Aretakis.

“The Albany diocese tries to claim that because he is a Franciscan, they are not responsible,” said Aretakis. “This priest raped Albany diocese children and he worked at an Albany diocese church.”

Lyman had filed a $5 million lawsuit against Genevieve in Suffolk Superior Court. The Diocese of Albany was removed from the suit in 2006.

Lyman said he will continue working with SNAP and “could never walk away from it.

Remsen Benedict School Bus Driver fighting Child Porn Charges


A Novato man who has been fighting child pornography charges for the past year might be ready to raise the white flag.

Remsen Benedict, appearing in federal court last week in San Francisco, faces another hearing on Aug. 19 for a potential plea in the case, his lawyer said.

“I believe it will be resolved on that date,” defense attorney Geoffrey Dunham said. “There’s going to be a resolution in some form.”

Dunham declined to comment on any plea negotiations with federal prosecutors.

Benedict, a former bus driver for the Novato Unified School District and a former den leader for Cub Scout Pack 186 in Novato, was arrested last summer after police received a tip through a vigilante Web site called corporatesexoffenders.com.

The operators of the site, a spin-off of the watchdog group Perverted Justice, traced salacious pedophiliac comments that were posted under the alias “Wolfman” to a Web site and e-mail addresses belonging to Benedict, police said.

Benedict, 53, admitted later to police that he had downloaded more than 6,000 child porn photos and videos to his home computer, viewing the images during lunch breaks from work or while his wife was sleeping at night, according to court documents.

Benedict initially was charged in Marin Superior Court, but county prosecutors turned the case over to the U.S. attorney’s office after federal prosecutors obtained a two-count indictment charging Benedict with receipt of child porn and possession of child porn.

Benedict could face up to 20 years in prison on the first count and up to 10 years on the other.

Benedict has not been accused of any sexual contact with children. He was placed under house arrest after posting $500,000 bail.

The school district fired Benedict in September.

Remsen Benedict School Bus Driver fighting Child Porn Charges


A Novato man who has been fighting child pornography charges for the past year might be ready to raise the white flag.

Remsen Benedict, appearing in federal court last week in San Francisco, faces another hearing on Aug. 19 for a potential plea in the case, his lawyer said.

“I believe it will be resolved on that date,” defense attorney Geoffrey Dunham said. “There’s going to be a resolution in some form.”

Dunham declined to comment on any plea negotiations with federal prosecutors.

Benedict, a former bus driver for the Novato Unified School District and a former den leader for Cub Scout Pack 186 in Novato, was arrested last summer after police received a tip through a vigilante Web site called corporatesexoffenders.com.

The operators of the site, a spin-off of the watchdog group Perverted Justice, traced salacious pedophiliac comments that were posted under the alias “Wolfman” to a Web site and e-mail addresses belonging to Benedict, police said.

Benedict, 53, admitted later to police that he had downloaded more than 6,000 child porn photos and videos to his home computer, viewing the images during lunch breaks from work or while his wife was sleeping at night, according to court documents.

Benedict initially was charged in Marin Superior Court, but county prosecutors turned the case over to the U.S. attorney’s office after federal prosecutors obtained a two-count indictment charging Benedict with receipt of child porn and possession of child porn.

Benedict could face up to 20 years in prison on the first count and up to 10 years on the other.

Benedict has not been accused of any sexual contact with children. He was placed under house arrest after posting $500,000 bail.

The school district fired Benedict in September.

Remsen Benedict School Bus Driver fighting Child Porn Charges


A Novato man who has been fighting child pornography charges for the past year might be ready to raise the white flag.

Remsen Benedict, appearing in federal court last week in San Francisco, faces another hearing on Aug. 19 for a potential plea in the case, his lawyer said.

“I believe it will be resolved on that date,” defense attorney Geoffrey Dunham said. “There’s going to be a resolution in some form.”

Dunham declined to comment on any plea negotiations with federal prosecutors.

Benedict, a former bus driver for the Novato Unified School District and a former den leader for Cub Scout Pack 186 in Novato, was arrested last summer after police received a tip through a vigilante Web site called corporatesexoffenders.com.

The operators of the site, a spin-off of the watchdog group Perverted Justice, traced salacious pedophiliac comments that were posted under the alias “Wolfman” to a Web site and e-mail addresses belonging to Benedict, police said.

Benedict, 53, admitted later to police that he had downloaded more than 6,000 child porn photos and videos to his home computer, viewing the images during lunch breaks from work or while his wife was sleeping at night, according to court documents.

Benedict initially was charged in Marin Superior Court, but county prosecutors turned the case over to the U.S. attorney’s office after federal prosecutors obtained a two-count indictment charging Benedict with receipt of child porn and possession of child porn.

Benedict could face up to 20 years in prison on the first count and up to 10 years on the other.

Benedict has not been accused of any sexual contact with children. He was placed under house arrest after posting $500,000 bail.

The school district fired Benedict in September.