Larry D. Goff – Repeat Sex Offender with Enabling Wife

In the past year, records show that deputies have gone to Goff’s home about 15 times. Once, authorities accused him of choking his wife, slamming her onto a bed and punching her in the face.


A registered sex offender crept into an elderly woman’s home and tried to molest her early Monday, deputies say.

Investigators found a latex glove at the woman’s home, in the Tri-Par Estates mobile home park, and arrested Larry D. Goff about 4:30 a.m.

Deputies say the woman, 75, was awakened by a hand creeping up her nightgown, and recognized her attacker as Goff, who also lives in the mobile home park, deputies said.

She screamed and he ran.

When deputies confronted Goff, he was sweaty and wearing the same clothes — a black T-shirt and black shorts — that the woman said her attacker wore.

Deputies say they found a pair of black boots in his closet, still wet. A box of latex gloves was in a bathroom cabinet in the home. Goff was charged with attempted sexual battery.

The woman, whose identity is being withheld by the Herald-Tribune because of the nature of the crime, was shaken but unhurt. She left her home to stay with family members.

“It’s awful what he did,” said a son-in-law from New Hampshire. “Just sickening.”

Goff, 47, has arrests dating back to the 1980s for burglary, assault and drug possession.

In 1991, he was charged with raping a woman. Details of that case were not immediately available. But the charge landed Goff on Florida’s sex offender database, which requires offenders to register with law enforcement and alert neighbors about their past when they move.

Goff’s wife, Judith, says that Tri-Par residents have fought with the couple since they moved there about five years ago.

The park has a 55-and-older age restriction, and neighbors tried to have Goff evicted because of the age requirements — and his criminal history, his wife said.

Judith Goff said she was at home asleep and her husband was in bed next to her when the break-in occurred.

Goff, who is out of work and collects disability payments, took medicine for depression and went to sleep about 2:30 a.m., his wife says.

Judith Goff said she woke up when police banged on the door and her husband was still in bed. She said she does not believe he attacked the neighbor and thinks the charge is a conspiracy brought by Tri-Par residents who want Goff to move out.

Judith Goff, 65, won her dispute with the park and her husband was allowed to stay because her name is on the mortgage. Since then, though, Judith Goff says her neighbors have made her life “a living hell.”

“Nothing but trouble,” she said. “They have nothing better to do than meddle in our lives, gossip about Larry because of his past. I’m just so sick and tired of it.”

Larry Goff is being held without bail at Sarasota County jail.

In the past year, records show that deputies have gone to Goff’s home about 15 times. Once, authorities accused him of choking his wife, slamming her onto a bed and punching her in the face.

She later called the fight a disagreement and prosecutors dropped a criminal charge against him.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte
Published in: on June 24, 2009 at 5:53 pm  Comments (4)  

Juan Lauderdale – Repeat Sex Offender – Victim sues enabling Apartment


A Galveston County woman has filed suit against a La Marque apartment complex, claiming it was aware one of its employees is a registered sex offender who then allegedly raped her 14-year-old daughter on its premises six months ago.

The mother and daughter, referred to as Jane and Sally Doe respectively in court documents, accuse DJP Holdings LLC, which is doing business as La Mark Apartments, of carelessly hiring and retaining Juan Lauderdale as a resident maintenance worker.

The suit was filed in Galveston County District Court on June 15.

Lauderdale and apartment manager Damien J. Patrick are named co-defendants in the case.

“Defendants DJP Holdings LLC d/b/a La Mark Apartments and Damien J. Patrick knew or should have known of Juan Lauderdale’s dangerous and exploitative propensities as a child sexual abuser, and despite such knowledge, negligently retained (Juan) Lauderdale and failed to warn those coming into contact with him, including minor plaintiff and the minor plaintiff’s family, of (Juan) Lauderdale’s propensities,” the original petition states.

The suit claims that Lauderdale was already on the list of registered sex offenders in connection with the sexual assault of a young girl in 1996 when the apartment management entrusted the La Mark property to his care.

Jane Doe alleges Lauderdale, 32, brutally and repeatedly sexually assaulted her daughter at knifepoint for an unspecified number of hours on Dec. 29, 2008, after he brought the teen to his unit for a tattooing session.

Law enforcement officials in the Bryan-College Station metropolitan area arrested Lauderdale in Somerville a month after the alleged attack.

The suspect was then turned over to Galveston County and indicted on Feb. 28 for aggravated sexual assault with a child and failure to register as a sex offender as a result of the incident.

He remains in the Galveston County Jail.

Consequently, the suit evokes the writ of respondeat superior against the apartment complex and Patrick.

The elder plaintiff insists her daughter was negatively impacted by the encounter with Lauderdale.

“As a direct and proximate result of the sexual assault and the negligent conduct of the defendants, minor plaintiff suffered severe and permanent emotional distress, physical manifestations of emotional distress, embarrassment, loss of self-esteem, and other psychological injuries,” the suit says. “These affects are permanent and will abide with the minor plaintiff for her entire life.”

The plaintiffs seek restitution for the girl’s medical treatment in addition to a jury trial.

Houston attorney Jennifer H. Kahn is representing the plaintiff.

The case has been assigned to Galveston County 122nd District Court Judge John Ellisor.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Gregory Wallen – Repeat Sex Offender – Charged with Child Murder


A Las Vegas man accused of killing a 7-year-old girl in 1994 told a judge Wednesday morning that he is not guilty.

Gregory Wallen, a convicted sex offender, was ordered to be held without bail. His preliminary hearing is scheduled for July 1.

Wallen was arrested Monday in Pahrump, more than 15 years after the disappearance and slaying of Diana Hernandez. Her body was found in a trash bin near the Sandpiper Apartment complex at Flamingo Road and Maryland Parkway.

Detectives went through a list of registered sex offenders and matched Wallen’s name to the list of volunteers who helped search for Hernandez when she went missing. Police said Wallen’s DNA matched evidence found on the girl’s body.

Wallen had been accused of sexual assault in 1992, but had not been convicted and was not added to the registry until 1999.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Ed McAdoo Johnson – Repeat Sex Offender – DNA proves Habitual Offender


A convicted sex offender has been charged with attempting to murder and rape a woman in Barre more than a year ago. Authorities say DNA evidence played a part in identifying the suspect in this vicious crime which is very similar to a sex crime that sent him to prison 16 years ago.

Police say they had little to go on after a 50-year-old woman was sexually assaulted and her throat slashed in her Barre apartment in March 2008.

The victim said the attacker was a slender African-American wearing a dark sweatshirt and hoodie but she had never seen him before.

But Wednesday, after 16 months of investigation, police say they have enough evidence to charge Ed McAdoo Johnson, 48, with the crime.

“At the time he was identified by people in the area, so he was a suspect from the beginning,” Washington County Prosecutor Tom Kelly said.

Police say Johnson was the victim’s neighbor and knew who she was through an ex-girlfriend. Police say the case got stronger when Johnson lied to them and others about his whereabouts at the time of the crime, tried to get others to provide an alibi for him, and was seen minutes before and after the crime near the apartment. Then when saliva samples on the victim produced DNA evidence– Johnson was charged.

“Evidence,” Kelly said. “Mitochondrial DNA. Three labs have examined two pieces of evidence and have not excluded Mr. Johnson.”

Police did not have to go far to arrest Johnson. He was already in prison facing charges that he exposed himself in public several times.

It’s all part of a 30-page crime record that could bring Johnson a life sentence as an habitual offender if he is convicted of the new charges.

Johnson was ordered held on $200,000 bail on all the pending charges.

Johnson’s record shows that when the woman was attacked in Barre he had been out of prison only eight months after serving 13 years for kidnapping a woman he had never met off a street in Montpelier and holding a knife to her throat during an attempted sexual assault. If he goes to trial on these new charges it is possible prosecutors would be permitted to tell the jury about that case because it is so similar to the new one.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Leon L. Laudie – Repeat Sex Offender – Multi-convictions


A 47-year-old twice convicted sex offender could have two separate trials for some of the 31 felony counts he has been charged with.

Leon L. Laudie, W3790 Bray Road, Elkhorn, has been charged with sexual assault of a child, 20 counts of possession of child pornography and 10 counts of being a registered sex offender intentionally photographing a minor.

If Laudie is convicted of the assault count, he will automatically receive a life sentence.

Laudie is accused of assaulting a 4-year-old girl in July 2008 in the town of Bloomfield. He is also accused of photographing the incident, which is where the child pornography charges stem from.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Kevin John Carr – Repeat Sex Offender – Repeat rapes earn him indefinite sentence

A repeat sex offender who raped a 77-year-old woman at a Melbourne train station has had his indefinite jail sentence continued.

Kevin John Carr received what was Victoria’s first indefinite sentence in 1995 after he raped the elderly woman at Spencer Street train station in 1994.

He had committed the rape about a month after being released from prison.

Carr had accumulated 57 prior convictions in more than 18 years, including jail terms for five separate incidents of sexual assault or rape between 1979 and 1990.

On Thursday, Victorian County Court chief judge Michael Rozenes said he was satisfied Carr still posed a danger to the community.

“I am satisfied to a high degree of probability that he is still a serious danger to the community,” he said in his ruling.

Mr Rozenes also said serious questions had been raised about Carr’s willingness to take part in a sex offender’s program.

Carr will be able to apply for another review of his indefinite jail in three years.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

David Helsel – Repeat Sex Offender – Cemetery Predator

A convicted Megan’s Law offender is accused of dragging a teen into the woods and trying to rape her at knifepoint.


David Helsel, of Altoona, was arrested after a short manhunt Tuesday night and is facing numerous charges, including indecent assault.

Helsel was convicted previously of rape and is listed on the Megan’s Law Web site as a sex offender.

Altoona police said Helsel approached a group of juveniles — two girls and three boys — at the Oakridge Cemetery on 10th Street. Helsel claimed he worked at the cemetery and blamed the group for knocking over tombstones. When the juveniles tried to walk away, Helsel punched one of the boys in the face, police said.

Soon after, police said Helsel allegedly grabbed the two girls and forced them to enter a wooded area about a block away. There, Helsel pulled out a knife and assaulted both teens before one managed to escape, police said.

The girl called police, who arrived moments later to find Helsel standing over the other girl, who was partially nude.

Helsel fled the scene but officers caught him after a chase, police said. He remains at the Blair County Prison on $500,000 bond.

The girl was taken to Altoona Regional Hospital, where she was examined and released.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Anthony Curran – Repeat Sex Offender – On trial for 2 new rapes

A SEXUAL predator raped two female strangers in terrifying attacks eight months apart, a court was told.

Anthony Curran, 28, who was convicted of rape in 2002, is alleged to have sneaked into a house at night through the unlocked front door and raped a 32-year-old woman after getting into her bed as she slept.

And in a second attack he raped a woman aged 31 on waste ground after offering to walk her home from a seafront nightclub in the early hours of the morning, Newcastle Crown Court was told yesterday. Curran, of Ridley Avenue, Wallsend, denies two counts of rape – the first on December 9, 2007 in Cullercoats and the second on August 3 last year in Whitley Bay, both North Tyneside.

He said he had never been to the house where the first attack took place but has given no explanation for two hairs found in the victim’s bed which matched his DNA profile. He maintains the second woman consented to sex.

Prosecutor Penny Moreland told the jury Curran was a sexual predator who had targeted and taken advantage of two vulnerable women.

“His offending you may think is not about an overwhelming sexual urge because at the time of both these offences he had a girlfriend with whom he had sexual relations,” she said .

“You may think it is about the exercise of force and control over his victims, his victims’ fear when they attempt to resist. It is the act of rape, not sex, that is his motivation in offending.”

The court was told the victim of the Cullercoats attack had gone to bed, leaving her partner asleep on the sofa in the living room.

At 6am she had become aware of someone behind her in bed and presuming it to be her partner, drifted back to sleep, but became alarmed when she could feel cold outdoor clothing against her skin.

She was raped after being pushed over on to her front, her face being forced into the pillow so she could hardly breathe. She managed to turn back over and bite her attacker on the hand causing him to recoil and giving her the chance to scream for her boyfriend. The man then ran downstairs and was grabbed in he hallway by the victim’s partner but managed to wriggle away.

Investigations revealed the attacker had armed himself with a two kilo weight which had been in the garden but which was recovered inside the house.

Curran – whose mother lived in Cullercoats – was arrested eight months later after he is alleged to have raped the woman in Whitley Bay. The trial continues today.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Richard Scott Campbell – Repeat Sex Offender – Making Up-skirt shots at Wal-Mart


A New Kent County resident who is on the state’s sex-offender registry faces a court hearing next month for a sex-offense charge in Henrico County.

Police say Richard Scott Campbell, 41, snapped unauthorized pictures June 9 at a Wal-Mart in the 7900 block of Brook Road in Henrico. Police say he used his cell phone to snap pictures up a woman’s skirt.

The woman noticed Campbell when she turned away from a clearance display of cosmetics, authorities said.

“Mr. Campbell was kneeling down holding his cell phone under the victim’s skirt taking pictures,” according to a search warrant.

She followed him to the parking lot and took down his license plate information, then notified authorities.

According to state police, Campbell has three convictions for indecent exposure, the most recent in Chesterfield County in April 2001. Those convictions have made him a registered sex offender.

He is due in Henrico court July 21 for a preliminary hearing.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Lewis Harrison – Repeat Sex Offender – Compulsive

A registered sex offender we first told you about months ago is back in trouble again after allegedly exposing himself to children.

Police say Lewis Harrison exposed himself to girls sitting on the front porch of a West Louisville home Sunday night, but it’s far from the first time police have had dealings with him.

Harrison’s record goes back to 1987. He has numerous arrests for indecent exposure, voyeurism and failing to comply with the sex offender registry.

He’s been charged before with pleasuring himself near pools and bus stops, but hasn’t spent much time behind bars for his alleged crimes.

The last time WHAS11 told you about 41-year-old Harrison, he had just been thrown in jail for allegedly pleasuring himself at a school bus stop.

A new victim is now speaking out about Harrison. Two teenage sisters say on Sunday, a stranger parked in the alley across from their home, then pretended to work on his car.

The girls say eventually the man began exposing and pleasuring himself. They called police, who arrested Lewis Harrison on felony charges of first degree indecent exposure, but this was not the first time.

Since 1987, Harrison has been charged repeatedly for sex crimes involving children, the charges include 14 counts of indecent exposure, voyeurism and failing to comply with the sex offender registry.

Police said Harrison had pornography, Vaseline and a camera in his car.

A mother in the complex also said Harrison attempted to abduct her young daughter. According to police reports, Harrison was sitting in his vehicle touching himself while watching small children swimming in Shelby Park pool. When officers took him into custody, he had a picture of his private parts attached to a note with his phone number on it.

Yet Harrison has spent relatively little time behind bars. The sexual abuse charge stemming from September’s arrest is a Class D Felony, punishable by up to 5 years in prison. Yet Harrison pleaded guilty to a lesser charge and was sentenced to probation and time served only 13 days.

Harrison was arrested six months later after passing out in his vehicle with his exposed genitals in his hand.

Harrison is currently being held under a $5,000 full cash bond. He’ll be back in court on the latest charges on June 25th. His trial for another incident in March is scheduled for August.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte