James Dee Lemmon – Repeat Sex Offender gets only 13 years for brutal rape

A Calgary man was sentenced Thursday to 13 years in prison for his fourth sexual assault.

James Dee Lemmon, 46, must serve at least half of the time before being eligible for parole, then he will be monitored for another 10 years following his release as a long-term offender.

Court of Queen’s Bench Justice Marsha Erb said the March 28, 2007, attack on a 34-year-old acquaintance was horrific.

She said among the aggravating factors in Lemmon’s March, 2007, rape of his victim was “the brutal, degrading, disrespectful and abusive nature of the conduct.”

Erb noted that Lemmon choked or attempted to strangle at least three of his four sexual assault victims, and also has a conviction for aggravated assault.

One of the sexual assault victims was his 10-year-old niece, who reported the incident years later. Lemmon pleaded guilty.

“He has a pattern of sexual assault using force. He has a temper when sober and it escalates to violence when he’s intoxicated.”

Court heard that in the March 2007 incident, Lemmon and his boss had a drink in a bar where the victim worked. Lemmon asked the woman to come to the northeast auto-body shop where he worked for a drink.

The victim did, and Lemmon locked the shop door so she couldn’t leave, and choked her into unconsciousness.

After she regained consciousness, Lemmon forced her to have sex with him repeatedly.

Crown prosecutor Sheena Cunningham, who had argued for a sentence of 12 to 15 years, originally sought to have Lemmon declared a dangerous offender, which would make him subject to an indefinite term of imprisonment.

But the judge ruled against that designation last November and sided with defence lawyer David Andrews’ pitch for long-term offender status. Andrews then argued for a sentence of six to eight years.

Outside court, Andrews said his client had filed an appeal of his conviction and now wants to appeal his sentence.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte

Cleo D. Geiger – Repeat Sex Offender


A 32-year-old convicted sex offender is in the Lee County jail, accused of sexually abusing a reported runaway girl, who police say, was found in his home.

Cleo D. Geiger, 108 Monroe Ave., is charged with two counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse, punishable by 3 to 7 years in prison. Bond had not been set as of Thursday.

A Dixon police officer said he spotted the girl, who is younger than 17, going into Geiger’s house Wednesday night. She had been reported earlier that day as a runaway, Sgt. Troy Morse said.

The officer called her mother to verify that she was not allowed to be in Geiger’s house, then spoke to the two and learned they had engaged in sexual activity, Morse said.

According to court records, Geiger was sentenced in 1996 to 5 years in prison and ordered to register as a sex offender for molesting a 9-year-old Whiteside County girl. He subsequently was convicted twice for failing to register as a sex offender, and once for failing to report a change of address.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte

Jeffrey J. Walker – Repeat Sex Offender


An Outagamie County judge found enough evidence exists to send a convicted sex offender to trial on a recent sex assault charge.

Jeffrey J. Walker, of 214 W. Pacific St., is charged with second-degree sexual assault with use of force and will enter a plea Feb. 17.

A 51-year-old neighbor told police she had been watching television Jan. 18 with Walker, 44, when he left and she went to bed. She said she was sleeping when Walker returned, threatened to kill her and forced her to have sex with him.

The charge carries a maximum 40 years in prison.

The state sex offender registry shows Walker was convicted of first-degree sexual assault of a child in Brown County in 1992 and is required to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.

He is being held in the Outagamie County Jail on a $25,000 cash bond.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte

Jeffrey J. Walker – Repeat Sex Offender


An Outagamie County judge found enough evidence exists to send a convicted sex offender to trial on a recent sex assault charge.

Jeffrey J. Walker, of 214 W. Pacific St., is charged with second-degree sexual assault with use of force and will enter a plea Feb. 17.

A 51-year-old neighbor told police she had been watching television Jan. 18 with Walker, 44, when he left and she went to bed. She said she was sleeping when Walker returned, threatened to kill her and forced her to have sex with him.

The charge carries a maximum 40 years in prison.

The state sex offender registry shows Walker was convicted of first-degree sexual assault of a child in Brown County in 1992 and is required to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.

He is being held in the Outagamie County Jail on a $25,000 cash bond.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte

Michael York – Repeat Sex Offender – Discovers cure for recidivism

  • Conviction date: 12/18/1992
  • Sexual Abuse-1st Degree
  • Offender’s age at conviction: 28
  • Victim Age: 7

Authorities are investigating the death of a 44-year-old central New York man in his jail cell hours before he was to be sentenced for having sexual contact with a teenage boy

Madison County Sheriff Ronald Cary says Michael York of Eaton was found unresponsive in his Madison County Jail cell about 2 a.m. Tuesday during a check by deputies.

Cary calls York’s death “an apparent suicide” but said no other details are available at this time. An autopsy will be performed by the Onondaga County Medical Examiner. Cary says the death will be investigated by the state Commission of Corrections.

York was already a Level 3 registered sex offender after a 1992 conviction and had agreed to a 15-year-to-life sentence when he pleaded guilty to the latest charge in November.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte

–unless they are dead–

Michael York – Repeat Sex Offender – Discovers cure for recidivism

  • Conviction date: 12/18/1992
  • Sexual Abuse-1st Degree
  • Offender’s age at conviction: 28
  • Victim Age: 7

Authorities are investigating the death of a 44-year-old central New York man in his jail cell hours before he was to be sentenced for having sexual contact with a teenage boy

Madison County Sheriff Ronald Cary says Michael York of Eaton was found unresponsive in his Madison County Jail cell about 2 a.m. Tuesday during a check by deputies.

Cary calls York’s death “an apparent suicide” but said no other details are available at this time. An autopsy will be performed by the Onondaga County Medical Examiner. Cary says the death will be investigated by the state Commission of Corrections.

York was already a Level 3 registered sex offender after a 1992 conviction and had agreed to a 15-year-to-life sentence when he pleaded guilty to the latest charge in November.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte

–unless they are dead–

Corey Deen Saunders – Repeat Sex Offender – GUIlTY – Raped 6 year old boy in Library

Convicted sex offender Corey Deen Saunders pleaded guilty Monday to raping a 6-year-old boy in the second-floor magazine room of the New Bedford Public Library a year ago.

Mr. Saunders, 27, entered a guilty plea to multiple charges including rape of a child, indecent assault and battery and enticing a child, according to a press release from Bristol County District Attorney Sam Sutter’s office.

During Monday’s plea hearing, Mr. Sutter asked that Mr. Saunders be sentenced to life in prison, citing the victim’s age and the fact that Mr. Saunders had pleaded guilty in an earlier case to the attempted rape of a 7-year-old boy.

Alan Zwirblis, Mr. Saunders’ attorney, countered with an argument for a shorter sentence that would include probation, according to the release.

Superior Court Judge Robert T. Kane requested both sides submit motions supporting their respective sentencing recommendations by Feb. 17, but the judge has not yet set a sentencing date.

“Other than being able to turn back the hands of time, it’s probably the best case scenario that we could have hoped for at this juncture,” said Lt. Jeffrey P. Silva, New Bedford Police Department spokesman. “We’re anxiously anticipating the sentencing.”

Mr. Saunders was arrested on Jan. 30, 2008, after he lured the boy to a secluded corner of the magazine room, fondled the boy and performed oral sex on him, police said. The boy’s mother was in another section of the library working on a computer, unaware that her son was being attacked.

At the time of his arrest, Mr. Saunders was on probation for the 2000 criminal case in which he pleaded guilty to molesting a 7-year-old boy in Attleboro.

He had been released from a Bridgewater treatment facility in December 2006 after Judge Richard T. Moses ruled the commonwealth failed to meet the burden of proof necessary to have Mr. Saunders committed as a sexually dangerous person.

During the sexually dangerous person hearing, three expert psychological witnesses — two who testified for the commonwealth and the third appointed by the court — said Mr. Saunders was sexually dangerous. Two expert witnesses testified for the defense that he was not.

After Mr. Saunders’ arrest in January 2008, he was held without bail after being found dangerous by Judge Kane.

District Attorney Sutter then moved for a probation violation hearing, arguing that Mr. Saunders’ actions the day of his arrest violated the terms of his probation from the 2000 case.

In April 2008, Judge Kane found Mr. Saunders had violated his probation, which prohibited him from having unsupervised contact with minors, and sentenced him to five years in state prison.

City-wide outrage in the wake of the 2008 incident prompted Mayor Scott Lang and the City Council to adopt a “child safety zone” ordinance, which bans individuals convicted of juvenile sex crimes from being in public places where children are present.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte

Corey Deen Saunders – Repeat Sex Offender – GUIlTY – Raped 6 year old boy in Library

Convicted sex offender Corey Deen Saunders pleaded guilty Monday to raping a 6-year-old boy in the second-floor magazine room of the New Bedford Public Library a year ago.

Mr. Saunders, 27, entered a guilty plea to multiple charges including rape of a child, indecent assault and battery and enticing a child, according to a press release from Bristol County District Attorney Sam Sutter’s office.

During Monday’s plea hearing, Mr. Sutter asked that Mr. Saunders be sentenced to life in prison, citing the victim’s age and the fact that Mr. Saunders had pleaded guilty in an earlier case to the attempted rape of a 7-year-old boy.

Alan Zwirblis, Mr. Saunders’ attorney, countered with an argument for a shorter sentence that would include probation, according to the release.

Superior Court Judge Robert T. Kane requested both sides submit motions supporting their respective sentencing recommendations by Feb. 17, but the judge has not yet set a sentencing date.

“Other than being able to turn back the hands of time, it’s probably the best case scenario that we could have hoped for at this juncture,” said Lt. Jeffrey P. Silva, New Bedford Police Department spokesman. “We’re anxiously anticipating the sentencing.”

Mr. Saunders was arrested on Jan. 30, 2008, after he lured the boy to a secluded corner of the magazine room, fondled the boy and performed oral sex on him, police said. The boy’s mother was in another section of the library working on a computer, unaware that her son was being attacked.

At the time of his arrest, Mr. Saunders was on probation for the 2000 criminal case in which he pleaded guilty to molesting a 7-year-old boy in Attleboro.

He had been released from a Bridgewater treatment facility in December 2006 after Judge Richard T. Moses ruled the commonwealth failed to meet the burden of proof necessary to have Mr. Saunders committed as a sexually dangerous person.

During the sexually dangerous person hearing, three expert psychological witnesses — two who testified for the commonwealth and the third appointed by the court — said Mr. Saunders was sexually dangerous. Two expert witnesses testified for the defense that he was not.

After Mr. Saunders’ arrest in January 2008, he was held without bail after being found dangerous by Judge Kane.

District Attorney Sutter then moved for a probation violation hearing, arguing that Mr. Saunders’ actions the day of his arrest violated the terms of his probation from the 2000 case.

In April 2008, Judge Kane found Mr. Saunders had violated his probation, which prohibited him from having unsupervised contact with minors, and sentenced him to five years in state prison.

City-wide outrage in the wake of the 2008 incident prompted Mayor Scott Lang and the City Council to adopt a “child safety zone” ordinance, which bans individuals convicted of juvenile sex crimes from being in public places where children are present.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte

Jim Freeman – Repeat Sex Offender – Guilty


A federal court jury in Florida convicted seven people of participating in a global child pornography trafficking enterprise, according to the Department of Justice.

Jurors convicted the seven Wednesday of multiple counts of child exploitation, pornography and obstruction of justice.

Members of the organization used Internet news groups to swap and share “illegal images and videos depicting prepubescent children, including toddlers, engaged in various sexual and sadistic acts,” prosecutors said.

An indictment filed in the case detailed interactions between group members as they swapped and commented on images.

“My thanks to you and all the others that together make this the greatest group of pedos to ever gather in one place,” Freeman wrote in response to one posting, according to the indictment. And a posting from Castleman, cited in the indictment, read, “Thanks to all for the wonderful material that has been posted.”

An Australian constable who infiltrated the group in August 2006 was among 50 witnesses testifying at trial. He told the jury that the group traded more than 400,000 images and videos of child sexual abuse before being dismantled by law enforcement, according to the Justice Department statement.

Each defendant faces a sentence of 20 years to life in prison, fines and the possibility of supervised release for the rest of their lives, authorities said. The seven will be sentenced April 14.

During the six-day trial, evidence showed the seven participated in what prosecutors called a “well-organized criminal enterprise whose purpose was to proliferate child sex abuse images to its membership during a two-year period.”

“This was a wide-scale, high-volume, international trafficking enterprise that used sophisticated computer encryption technology and file-sharing techniques,” Matthew Friedrich, acting assistant attorney general, said in the statement.

The seven defendants were James Freeman of Santa Rosa Beach, Florida; Gary Lakey of Anderson, Indiana; Marvin Lambert of Indianapolis, Indiana; Neville McGarity of Medina, Texas; Warren Mumpower of Spokane, Washington; Daniel Castleman of Lubbock, Texas; and Ronald White of Burlington, North Carolina, according to the Department of Justice.

The charges included engaging in a child exploitation enterprise; conspiracy to advertise, transport, ship, receive and possess child pornography; advertising child pornography, transporting child pornography, receiving child pornography and obstruction of justice, prosecutors said.

Seven additional American defendants previously entered guilty pleas, prosecutors said.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte

Jim Freeman – Repeat Sex Offender – Guilty


A federal court jury in Florida convicted seven people of participating in a global child pornography trafficking enterprise, according to the Department of Justice.

Jurors convicted the seven Wednesday of multiple counts of child exploitation, pornography and obstruction of justice.

Members of the organization used Internet news groups to swap and share “illegal images and videos depicting prepubescent children, including toddlers, engaged in various sexual and sadistic acts,” prosecutors said.

An indictment filed in the case detailed interactions between group members as they swapped and commented on images.

“My thanks to you and all the others that together make this the greatest group of pedos to ever gather in one place,” Freeman wrote in response to one posting, according to the indictment. And a posting from Castleman, cited in the indictment, read, “Thanks to all for the wonderful material that has been posted.”

An Australian constable who infiltrated the group in August 2006 was among 50 witnesses testifying at trial. He told the jury that the group traded more than 400,000 images and videos of child sexual abuse before being dismantled by law enforcement, according to the Justice Department statement.

Each defendant faces a sentence of 20 years to life in prison, fines and the possibility of supervised release for the rest of their lives, authorities said. The seven will be sentenced April 14.

During the six-day trial, evidence showed the seven participated in what prosecutors called a “well-organized criminal enterprise whose purpose was to proliferate child sex abuse images to its membership during a two-year period.”

“This was a wide-scale, high-volume, international trafficking enterprise that used sophisticated computer encryption technology and file-sharing techniques,” Matthew Friedrich, acting assistant attorney general, said in the statement.

The seven defendants were James Freeman of Santa Rosa Beach, Florida; Gary Lakey of Anderson, Indiana; Marvin Lambert of Indianapolis, Indiana; Neville McGarity of Medina, Texas; Warren Mumpower of Spokane, Washington; Daniel Castleman of Lubbock, Texas; and Ronald White of Burlington, North Carolina, according to the Department of Justice.

The charges included engaging in a child exploitation enterprise; conspiracy to advertise, transport, ship, receive and possess child pornography; advertising child pornography, transporting child pornography, receiving child pornography and obstruction of justice, prosecutors said.

Seven additional American defendants previously entered guilty pleas, prosecutors said.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte