Christian Balaj – Charged with sexually assaulting girl while at school

Police arrested an 18-year-old high school student and charged him with sexually assaulting a female student at Ansonia High School.

Christian Balaj, 18, of Platt Street, Ansonia, was charged Tuesday with first-degree sexual assault and risk of injury to a minor. He was released after posting $25,000 bond and will be arraigned in Superior Court in Derby on June 23.

Lt. Wayne Williams said that at about 1 p.m. Tuesday, a teacher noticed Balaj and an unidentified 14-year-old female student coming out of an area near the auditorium and called the school’s resource officer. The officer began an investigation and after interviewing the victim, he discovered that she had been sexually assaulted. Williams said the two apparently knew one another, but that the alleged assault was a “non-consensual sex act.”

He said the victim was taken to Yale-New Haven Hospital where she was treated and released.

Williams said the assault took place in a dressing room near the arts area of the school and the auditorium. Balaj has been suspended from school. No other information was available.

Supt. of Schools Carol Merlone said she has not seen an incident such as this at the high school in her 25 years as an educator in Ansonia. “We have a safe, secure environment at the high school,” she said.

Merlone said Balaj has been suspended for 10 days pending an internal investigation the school is conducting. She said that depending on the results of the investigation, the school might take additional action against Balaj, which could include expulsion.

She said school officials acted quickly when the teacher saw the two students coming out of the dressing room. “We did an immediate investigation and called the Ansonia police,” she said.

Published in: on June 11, 2009 at 7:29 pm  Leave a Comment  

Kenneth Longsdorff – Repeat Sex Offender – Pedophile is Facing Civil Confinement

WALLA WALLA, Wash. – A trial is set for next Wednesday in Walla Walla Superior Court to determine whether a prison inmate completing a sentence for child molesting should be committed as a sex predator.

The state attorney general’s office says 58-year-old Kenneth Longsdorff is a pedophile. The Walla Walla Union-Bulletin reports he also has a previous conviction for raping three boys.

The civil commitment trial will determine whether he will be locked up indefinitely for treatment at the Special Commitment Center for sex predators on McNeil Island.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Eduardo Serrano – Repeat Sex Offender – Just paroled 6 months ago!

ELIZABETH, N.J. – A convicted sex offender recently paroled from state prison has been charged with sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl in northern New Jersey.

Union County prosecutors say 41-year-old Eduardo Serrano lured the girl into his Elizabeth apartment last month, promising her a tattoo. But once inside, she was sexually assaulted.

The girl reported the incident to her mother, who notified police, and Serrano was arrested Tuesday. He was charged with sexual assault and was being held Wednesday at the county jail on $250,000 bail. Authorities did not know if he had retained a lawyer.

Serrano served nearly six years in prison on child sexual assault charges before being paroled in January.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Richard Raymond Babinski, unrepentant rapist and murderer – Psychopathic Propaganda Terrorist – ENABLED by WARDEN

Here’s a keynote speaker for the next meeting of your earnest community group: Richard Raymond Babinski, unrepentant rapist and murderer.

A National Parole Board hearing for Babinski, who raped and killed 27-year-old Windsor native Eva Marie Mead in 1988, was shocked to learn recently that he has been speaking to community groups.

Babinski, a lifer at Pittsburgh Institution near Kingston, plans to speak at schools, too, he told the hearing, all the while blithely denying or saying he couldn’t remember sexually assaulting and strangling Mead.

Let’s look at the gruesome details of this case.

Babinski broke into Mead’s apartment in Toronto and sexually assaulted her at gunpoint, in front of her son, Jeremy. He was only six. He still remembers the gun pointed at his head, Babinski’s face, even what Babinski was wearing.

Three days later, Mead was supposed to take Jeremy to hockey practice when she returned home from her job as a stenographer and customer relations officer at the Bank of Nova Scotia. But she never came home. Jeremy, now 27 and living in Windsor, also remembers that long night.

Babinski, a 28-year-old maintenance mechanic from near North Bay, abducted Mead when she left the bank. Her naked, skeletal remains were found seven months later in a marshy field behind a factory where Babinski worked. Her ankles and one arm were bound with black wire. She had been raped again and strangled so violently that her larynx was broken.

Babinski, who had been charged after breaking into Mead’s apartment and already had a long criminal record, had been out on bail.

Jeremy, whose father had died 18 months earlier from a reaction to a prescription drug, was left an orphan, to be raised by his grandmother and uncle.

Tried three times for first-degree murder, Babinski, who had lived in the same apartment building as Mead and had stalked her for months, was eventually convicted of second-degree murder. One of the judges called it a cold-blooded, brutal and heinous crime.

Now 49, behind bars for more than 20 years, his appeals exhausted, no one fighting an alleged wrongful conviction for him, Babinski still doesn’t admit he killed Mead. Over and over at his parole hearing in Kingston, says Heidi Illingworth, executive director of the Canadian Resource Centre for Victims of Crime, Babinski either denied or claimed he couldn’t recall abducting, raping or killing Mead.

Is this the kind of person you want speaking to your community group?

He told the parole board he has spoken to 300 or 400 people at Alcoholics Anonymous meetings. These meetings are filled with vulnerable people.

He also attends AA conferences and native powwows and cultural events.

And he plans to speak to schools. Can you imagine? “Hello boys and girls. My name is Richard Babinski…”

What does he tell people?

He’s probably not telling them he raped a mother in front of her young son, that he held a gun to the little boy’s head. He’s probably not telling them he abducted, raped and murdered the young widow and dumped her body in the reeds, leaving her son an orphan.

It can’t be one of those sobering I-turned-my-life-around speeches because he doesn’t even admit he did it.

Who made the inane decision to allow Babinski to speak to community groups? Wardens can grant escorted temporary passes, but acting warden Cathy Gelineau wouldn’t discuss the Babinski case because of the privacy law. She wouldn’t say what other groups Babinski might be addressing or what he’s telling them.

The Canadian Resource Centre for Victims of Crime wants to know.

“It’s very concerning to us,” said Illingworth. “We want to know what he’s saying when he goes out. Why is this man permitted to go out and speak to vulnerable people?”

“We find it very offensive that an offender who accepts no responsibility for his actions is allowed to speak in public forums,” she wrote in a letter to Pittsburgh warden Lynne VanDalen this week. “Our agency firmly believes that given the nature of Mr. Babinski’s crimes, he should not be given the opportunity to negatively impact any more lives.”

Jeremy never even knew Babinski was speaking to the public. Next time your group arranges for a speaker, better check references.

The parole board denied Babinski’s request for three-day unescorted passes. Somebody should scuttle the speeches, too.

Published in: on June 8, 2009 at 7:10 pm  Leave a Comment  

WANTED – Sexual Predator


Madison police have released a sketch of a suspect in a sexual assault that happened in the stairway of an apartment building on University Avenue early in the morning on May 23.

A 24-year-old woman was assaulted at about 4 a.m. in the building in the 2300 block of University Avenue, while she was walking up the stairway.

The victim said the perpetrator grabbed her from behind, assaulted her on the stairs and fled on foot.

Anyone with information about the suspect can call Madison Area Crime Stoppers, 266-6014.

Published in: on June 8, 2009 at 6:03 pm  Leave a Comment  

Stanley Allen Smith – Brutal Child Rapist can’t get out

Among the roughly 6,500 denizens of the Utah State Prison system, virtually all will be released some day.

A rare few will never get out — those serving “natural life” in correctional parlance, others sentenced to life without parole, and death row inmates.

This week the state Board of Pardons added to that rare group a Box Elder County man convicted of the kidnapping and rape of a 6-year-old Corinne girl 16 years ago.

After his May 9 parole hearing, the full board voted unanimously June 3 for a sentence of natural life for Stanley Allen Smith, 46, meaning he will finish his days in the Utah State Prison, pardons spokesman Jim Hatch said.

Currently about 50 inmates are serving natural life terms ordered by the board, he said, while about 27 have been sentenced to life without parole by judges. Another 10 wait on death row.

After a jury conviction on four first-degree felony charges in the knifepoint abduction of the little girl off her bicycle at a school playground and subsequent rape in his car, Smith was sentenced to consecutive terms of 15 years to life.

That amounted to a total sentence of 60 years to life, later cut back to 15 to life on appeal. The Utah Supreme Count called the sentence likely unconstitutional since it didn’t give pardons officials a chance to even consider Smith’s potential rehabilitation.

The little girl required surgery to her genitalia from the attack, with doctors warning she might never be able to have children.

Family members called it a miracle when the now 22-year-old woman found out in January she was pregnant.

“Another really healing thing for her,” said her mother was going to Smith’s parole hearing.

The process of putting down on paper what she wanted to say to the board and Smith helped her realize she was impacted by the 1993 attack, said the girl’s mother and grandmother, speaking on her behalf.

They said she always claimed she was fine since she had no memory of the attack, completely blocked out of her memory even today.

“The hearing was actually a blessing in disguise because she got to say (to Smith) ‘I’m 22 years old and I cannot go to the grocery store alone and only now have I realized why,'” said her grandmother.

They were amazed to see the hearing officer, Jan Nichols, moved to tears during the hearing in reading the account of the abduction, rape and sodomy. Hearing officers do not by policy comment on hearings or their decisions.

Nichols also became visibly irate at Smith when he claimed only two rape victims in his life, family members said of the hearing, the 1993 case and a prior incident for which he was jailed.

Nichols then noticed that Smith’s five or more other victims, cases uncharged, included his own sister, they said.

Box Elder prosecutors had other rape cases under consideration for Smith at the time, but after his 60 to life sentence, they weren’t pursued since nothing would likely be added to his already heavy sentence.

In 1993, Smith took the 6-year-old to a secluded area 10 miles west of Corinne where he repeatedly sodomized and raped her. He then drove her back to Corinne where neighors found her bloodied and running along a street.

Though traumatized, she was able to describe the attack in enough detail to quickly lead investigators to Smith and his car, which was full of overwhelming physical evidence.

“I’m so excited,” said the victim’s mother of Smith’s sentence.

“It couldn’t be better. He’s right where he should be. … We don’t have to have the fact that he’s going to get out someday looming over our heads. I think there is such a thing as closure.”

There were 400 children raped in Philadelphia last year

The brutal rape of an 11-year-old girl in Kensington last week was a shock even in a crime-plagued city like Philadelphia, but, unfortunately, the victim was one of only hundreds of children to be raped in the city each year.

There were 400 children raped in Philadelphia last year and 1,032 children were the victim of other sexual offenses.

Even worse, police warn the statistics do not tell the whole story, considering that sexual offenses are nationally one of the most underreported crimes.

“Unlike homicides or shootings, there are many more variables behind sex assault,” said Capt. John Darby, head of the police Special Victims Unit. “It may be that more cases are reported because there’s more awareness. Generally speaking, since I’ve been here in the unit … the numbers don’t change.”

Diyon Evans – Raped Patient – Captured

A man who was being sought in the rape of a mentally incapacitated patient at an Indianapolis rehabilitation center earlier this year was arrested Friday in Alabama.

Morgan County, Ala., jailers confirmed to 6News Sunday that Diyon Evans, 31, was being held there after he was arrested at a hospital in Decatur, Ala

Indianapolis police said Evans raped a 35-year-old patient at the Eagle Valley Meadows Rehabilitation Center at 3017 Valley Farms Road.

A DNA sample was obtained from the woman and a match was made to Evans, Indianapolis police Sgt. Paul Thompson said Wednesday.

Evans had lived in Indianapolis and Muncie in recent years. He faces charges in Indiana of rape, criminal deviate conduct and sexual battery.

According to court records, Evans, then of 316 N. Mulberry St. in Muncie, was convicted of conversion in June 2002 after being accused of shoplifting at the Ball State University bookstore. He received a one-year suspended sentence and $200 fine in Muncie City Court.

In June 2001, Evans was charged with resisting law enforcement and possession of marijuana in Delaware Circuit Court 5. Prosecutors dropped those charges six months later, however

Published in: on June 7, 2009 at 11:34 pm  Leave a Comment  

Douglas Brian Jackway – Repeat Sex Offender – Repeat Child Rapist – ‘Evil eyes’



The victim of a convicted pedophile, named by a national television show as a person of interest in the 2003 abduction of Queensland teenager Daniel Morcombe, says she lives in fear.

The Seven Network’s Sunday Night program last week named Douglas Brian Jackway, 32, as one of a number of persons of interest who could hold key information into the 13-year-old’s abduction and presumed murder.

Police are saying nothing about whether Jackway, who is serving a jail sentence for raping a nine-year-old girl, is being investigated over the abduction.

Jackway’s victim, who cannot be named for legal reasons but used the pseudonym Amy, spoke to the Seven Network about his attacks on her in the 1990s.

She said he held a knife to her throat every time he raped her and made constant threats.

“His eyes, he’s got just an evil look about him,” Amy said.

“He was going to kill me, slice my throat, he made a lot of threats.”

“It was like he owned me.”

Jackway was released from prison a month before Daniel’s disappearance after serving time for attempting to rape a nine-year-old boy in 1995.

His sentence for raping Amy is due to expire in 2012.

She said she lives in fear that he will track her down after his release.

“I want him to stay in there for the rest of his life and rot in hell,” she said.

Amy said she was motivated to tell her story to help other victims and is convinced there is a connection between Jackway and Daniel’s disappearance.

“When I heard about Daniel Morcombe and Douglas was out at the same time, he had the same car, he was travelling up and down from Brisbane to the Sunshine Coast, I really thought he did it.”

The Seven Network said since naming Jackway last week, several prisoners have contacted them to say he has made admissions in jail since Daniel’s disappearance.

They also aired new photographs of how Jackway looks, having previously only shown photos of him as a teenager.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte

Douglas Brian Jackway – Repeat Sex Offender – Repeat Child Rapist – ‘Evil eyes’

The victim of a convicted pedophile, named by a national television show as a person of interest in the 2003 abduction of Queensland teenager Daniel Morcombe, says she lives in fear.

The Seven Network’s Sunday Night program last week named Douglas Brian Jackway, 32, as one of a number of persons of interest who could hold key information into the 13-year-old’s abduction and presumed murder.

Police are saying nothing about whether Jackway, who is serving a jail sentence for raping a nine-year-old girl, is being investigated over the abduction.

Jackway’s victim, who cannot be named for legal reasons but used the pseudonym Amy, spoke to the Seven Network about his attacks on her in the 1990s.

She said he held a knife to her throat every time he raped her and made constant threats.

“His eyes, he’s got just an evil look about him,” Amy said.

“He was going to kill me, slice my throat, he made a lot of threats.”

“It was like he owned me.”

Jackway was released from prison a month before Daniel’s disappearance after serving time for attempting to rape a nine-year-old boy in 1995.

His sentence for raping Amy is due to expire in 2012.

She said she lives in fear that he will track her down after his release.

“I want him to stay in there for the rest of his life and rot in hell,” she said.

Amy said she was motivated to tell her story to help other victims and is convinced there is a connection between Jackway and Daniel’s disappearance.

“When I heard about Daniel Morcombe and Douglas was out at the same time, he had the same car, he was travelling up and down from Brisbane to the Sunshine Coast, I really thought he did it.”

The Seven Network said since naming Jackway last week, several prisoners have contacted them to say he has made admissions in jail since Daniel’s disappearance.

They also aired new photographs of how Jackway looks, having previously only shown photos of him as a teenager.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte