Brian Letiecq – Repeat Sex Offender – Trail Pervert


PORTLAND, Ore. — Portland police cited a man on suspicion of disorderly conduct after officers received reports Thursday he was inappropriately touching himself on the Springwater Trail near OMSI.

At around 6 p.m., a passer-by called 911 and said the man, later identified as registered sex offender Brian Letiecq, was pleasuring himself on the trail. Officers responded and then cited and released him.

Police said they could not arrest Letiecq on more serious charges because there were no victims in the area to confirm the caller’s claims. Although court records show he’s a registered sex offender, police said suspicion of disorderly conduct was not enough to book him into jail.

It’s called Exhibitionism

Letiecq could not be reached for comment Friday. He is listed in the national sex offender database, but Multnomah County Parole and Probations said he’s not under their supervision. As a result, he’s left to roam free.

“I think he should be put away,” said Steve Mason, who was using the trail Friday. “That’s something that you don’t do in public. If you’re going to do it, you do it behind closed doors.”

Julie Strongston, who also uses the Springwater Trail, said jail likely won’t be the answer anyway. But she does believe Letiecq should be monitored so he can get help if he needs it.

“I’m not saying it’s good what he’s doing, but I think that just arresting him is not going to get him not do it again,” Strongston said. “I think he actually needs to get psychological help.”

They do it again because that’s what they are. Nothing will change them. Not jail, not “therapy”. Stop trying to change them and throw away the key.

Parole and probations officials declined to comment on the specific case. However, they said a common reason registered sex offenders in the county won’t be under their supervision is because they committed their crime so long ago that they have maxed out their supervision.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Antoine Louis Johnson – MySpace Predator Busted


Gwinnett County police say a 26-year-old man posed as a teenage girl on the Web site MySpace.com to lure a 13-year-old boy for sex.

Antoine Louis Johnson is being held in the Gwinnett County Detention Center without bond. Johnson was arrested Friday and charged with aggravated child molestation and child molestation.

Authorities said the boy told a guardian early last week that he had been molested in June 2008.

The boy said he met a girl on the social networking site who promised sex if he would allow her brother to perform sexual acts on him, according to police.

Johnson picked up the boy near the entrance of his neighborhood and took him to a nearby vacant house for sex, authorities said.

Police learned that Johnson contacted a friend of the boy and sought a meeting, again pretending to be a 16-year-old girl.

Johnson arranged a meeting Friday with the boy and his friend at the intersection of Indian Shoals Road and Biltmore Oaks Drive, police said. Investigators approached Johnson and took him into custody.

Additional charges are pending, police said.

Police are asking any other potential victims to come forward.

Steven W. Mier – Repeat Sex Offender – Exploits Runaway child


A registered sex offender living in Fond du Lac was arrested Saturday after police found a 16-year-old girl inside his home.

Steven W. Mier, 157 Third St., Apt. 6, is in the Fond du Lac County Jail.

The girl, who police say is a runaway from Madison, was hiding in a closet of the apartment when the Fond du Lac Police Department’s Sex Offender Compliance Team (SOCT) assisted Probation and Parole during a routine check at about 9 p.m.

The SOCT is a group of police officers who work with the Wisconsin Department of Corrections to routinely check on registered sex offenders in Fond du Lac to assure they are complying with regulations.

On Nov. 16, 1999, Mier, 29, was sentenced in Calumet County to eight years in prison on one count of second-degree sexual assault of a child, according to the Wisconsin Circuit Court Web site.

Police also found explicit photos of children on his cell phone, Klein said.

“I think this just shows how effective the Sex Offender Compliance Team can be,” Klein said. “This is exactly why we have these guys out there checking on these (sex offenders) to make sure they are compliant.”

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Arnold T. Ross – Juvenile Baby Raper – Raped and murdered 8 month old


The Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s office says an autopsy of an 8-month-old boy led them to arrest the boyfriend of the baby’s mother.

According to Sheriff Newell Normand, police responded to a call in the 1600 block of Gary Court in unincorporated Gretna to a call of an infant who was unresponsive.

Normand said that officers found the lifeless body of the infant, Da-Von Lonzo. The baby was taken to Ochsner Westbank, where doctors pronounced him dead at the scene.

After an autopsy showed the death to be a homicide, Normand said that police interviewed 17-year-old Arnold T. Ross, who described himself as the boyfriend of the baby’s mother.

Police say the autopsy report also noted multiple fractures throughout the body consistent with that of a beating. The child also had tears in the anus.

According to Normand, Ross initially told detectives the infant fell down the stairs while he was babysitting the child and stopped breathing.

Investigators say that a neighbor had heard loud noises coming from the apartment where the baby was later found dead.

According to Sheriff Normand: ” Ross admitted that while he was watching the infant, the child began to cry. As the crying continued, Ross confessed to beating the infant repeatedly. According to Ross, the child began to defecate on himself. Ross claims he placed his fingers inside the infant’s rectum in an attempt to clean up the child.”

Police booked Arnold Ross with one count of First Degree Murder and one count of Aggravated Rape.

Normand says Ross has a lengthy criminal history with arrests for Possession of Crack Cocaine, Possession of Marijuana, Obscenity, Battery on a Correctional Officer, 3 counts of Battery on a School Teacher, 3 counts of Theft, Illegal Carrying of a Weapon and Assault.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte

Mark Edwards – Arrested Internet Predator


A 26-year-old Livonia man has been arrested after trying to contact who he thought was a 14-year-old girl, police said.

Police said Mark Edwards used his work computer to log onto a popular social networking Web site and found his would-be victim, who turned out to be an undercover police officer.

Police said Edwards repeatedly asked for sexual pictures and videos.

He was charged with three felony charges.

If convicted he could face 20 years in prison.

LEAVE KIDS ALONE

Randall Knodle Bryant – Repeat Sex Offender – Child Predator Busted while on Probation


BURGAW, NC (WECT) – A Castle Hayne resident is facing charges, accused with committing sex crimes in Pender County.

35-year-old Randall Knodle Bryant, a registered sex offender, is charged with second degree kidnapping, statutory rape, and indecent liberties with a child.

Detective Scott Lawson said Bryant was charged with similar crimes in Ohio, and was still on probation at the time of Thursday night’s arrest.

According to Lawson, Bryant tried to solicit sex from a 15-year-old boy near a bus stop in Hampstead. The boy refused and immediately told his mother.

“I’m really angry, to be quite honest with you,” said the teen’s mother. “I just think our children are innocent, and they need to be protected.”

His mother also said she is talking with her son about the incident regularly to make sure he knows it was not his fault. She is urging parents to talk to their children as often as possible and to always ask questions.

She said the situation could have been much worse, but it has shaken up the family and plan to move to another home.

Bryant showed little emotion as Detective Lawson silently escorted him inside the jail in handcuffs on Thursday night.

He is being held in the Pender County jail under a $1 million bond.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Luis Bernabe – Internet Predator Assaults 13 year old girl he met on MySpace


A 20-year-old man is behind bars; accused of sexually assaulting a 13-year-old girl he met on Myspace.

According to Fresno County Sheriff Margaret Mims, 20-year-old Luis Bernabe was arrested on Monday evening at a residence near Valentine Ave.

Mims says her officers were called to the residence regarding an assist to the Kings County Sheriff’s Office. A 13-year-old had been reported as a runaway out of Kings County, and an investigation into the matter led officers to believe the girl may have been with Bernabe.

Detectives had learned that Bernabe and the teen met on MySpace, and had been in contact for several months ago.

Officials say they believe Bernabe drove to Kettleman City Monday morning, where the girl lived, and picked her up, taking her back to Fresno with him. While searching the girls room, her mother found Bernabe’s name and address on a piece of paper and gave it to deputies.

When deputies arrived at Bernabe’s residence they found the girl inside the home, and Bernabe hiding in a bedroom closet. While at the home, deputies learned that Bernabe had sexually assaulted the girl, and arrested and booked him into the Fresno County Jail on sexual assault charges.

Sheriff Mims would like to advise parents that they can get more information on social networking and Internet safety by visiting the Fresno Internet Crimes Against Children task Force website at www.fresnoicac.org.

Hubert Douglas Carrillo – Repeat Sex Offender

A registered sex offender was arrested Friday on sex-related offenses involving a 15-year-old girl.

Hubert Douglas Carrillo, 32, of the 5900 block of Medina Drive, is charged with 12 counts of statutory rape, eight counts each of taking indecent liberties with a child and committing a crime against nature and other sex offenses. The offenses happened in April, according to an arrest warrant.

Carrillo was sentenced to 15 months in prison in July 1998 on charges of taking indecent liberties with a child and possession of stolen property.

He was released in March 1999 and required to register as a sex offender, according to the N.C. Sex Offender Registry Web site. Carrillo has had no violations since he was entered into the registry, according to the Web site.

Bail was set at $1.2 million.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte
Published in: on May 16, 2009 at 7:01 am  Leave a Comment  

Norman Vivian Pearce – calculated, sinister and hedonistic Pedophile

ONE of the victims of a serial pedophile yelled “die in hell, you f–king dog” as his tormentor was today led away to begin his minimum 10-year jail term.

The raw outburst, from the gallery of the District Court, capped of a saga of grooming and deviancy that saw eight boys molested by Norman Vivian Pearce over two decades.

In sentencing today, Judge Paul Rice said Pearce’s offending was “calculated, sinister and hedonistic”.

He said Pearce made himself “attractive and exciting by having flash cars” before plying the boys with fast food and alcohol.

His abuse of the trust of his victims and their families caused psychological and psychiatric damage, and led to them having problems developing long-lasting relationships.

“There is no doubt that your offending has had a profound and long-lasting effect on your victims,” the judge said.

Pearce, 70, of Woodville South, was last year convicted of 18 child sex offences that occurred in two periods during the early 1980s and 1990s.

All but one of the offences occured while he was involved with youth groups, including the Naval Cadets.

The remaining offence occurred while Pearce was working as a flight service manager at Adelaide Airport – he was his victim’s supervisor.

Today, Judge Rice said he doubted Pearce’s level of remorse, given he had denied the crimes at trial, and noted his prospects for rehabilitation were “unknown”.

He said Pearce’s lack of criminal history was “of little benefit” because his offending spanned two periods in time.

“The years in between were an opportunity for reflection on your previous offending,” Judge Rice said.

He sentenced Pearce to 14 years’ jail, with a 10-year non-parole period.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Eric Julian – Repeat Sex Offender – Takes a plea

A convicted sex offender, accused of trying to rape a 16-year-old girl as she walked to her Fairfield home from school last year, was sentenced Monday to 18 months in prison.

Eric Julian, 26, of Crimson Lane, Fairfield, pleaded guilty under the Alford Doctrine to first-degree unlawful restraint and violation of probation under a plea bargain.

He was sentenced by Superior Court Judge John Kavanewsky to five years in prison, suspended after he serves 18 months, followed by four years probation. The judge also ordered Julian to be monitored electronically during his probation, register as a sex offender and have no more contact with the girl.

Julian was out of prison only two months after serving time in a case in which he was accused of kidnapping and raping two women, when police said he attacked the Fairfield girl.

Standing at the defense table with a full beard and long black hair falling about his orange prison jumpsuit, Julian told the judge he understood his guilty plea in the case.

“There is a risk I will be found guilty,” he added.

A plea filed under the Alford Doctrine means the defendant doesn’t admit guilt, but concedes he could be found guilty of the charges and face a more severe sentence if he went to trial. The judge then finds him guilty.

Julian initially faced charges of second-degree kidnapping and third-degree sexual assault.

Senior Assistant State’s Attorney Howard Stein told the judge he agreed to enter into a plea bargain after discussing the case with the girl’s father, who sat in the front row of the spectators’ section of the courtroom during the proceedings.

“It is a close call on whether the state would ultimately prove this case at trial,” Stein told the judge. “I discussed this with the victim’s father and he was concerned about his daughter coming into court and having to confront Mr. Julian.” The victim’s father told the judge that he agreed with the plea bargain.

“This was a disposition that was reached after a great deal of discussion of the parties and I urge your honor to accept it,” added Julian’s lawyer, Gary Mastronardi.

Last Sept. 9, Julian was released from prison after serving a five-year prison term on kidnapping charges. He had initially been accused of raping two women on separate occasions after picking them up in his truck in Bridgeport. Sexual assault charges were later dropped, however, when the victims refused to testify against him.

In the latest case, a 16-year-old Fairfield girl was walking home from Fairfield Ludlowe High School last Nov. 14 when she was confronted by Julian, who put a hand over her mouth to prevent her from screaming. police said. Julian then dragged the girl into a rear yard, and threatened the girl, saying that he had a knife.

Police said Julian pushed the girl to the ground and began to remove her pants. When she resisted, police said, Julian began choking her.

The girl managed to cry for help, and police said Julian got worried and ran off. The girl then called her mother.

Police said they searched the area, but did not find the suspect although witnesses recalled seeing a man run through the area.

A few days later, however, police said they received a phone call from a woman who claimed she had been the victim of a sexual assault by Julian in 2002 and was concerned he could be the man being sought. Police said they later showed photos to the 16-year-old and she picked out Julian’s photo as the man who had attacked her.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte