Wilson Vanhoy – Sentenced to 39 years as a Scumbag

“Again we have seen that Montgomery County juries support the victims of this kind of abuse and hand out the significant prison sentences this type of crime demands. Our office continues to make cases involving child sexual abuse a priority and will always, always ask for maximum sentences.”


A Montgomery County jury sentenced Magnolia resident Wilson Vanhoy to 39 years in prison Thursday evening after convicting him of one count of Aggravated Sexual Assault of a Child. Mr. Vanhoy digitally penetrated his step daughter on at least one occasion when she was 13 years of age. In addition, the victim in the case testified that she had been subjected to abuse at the hands of Mr. Vanhoy over the course of many years.

Prosecutors Patty Maginnis and Tyler Dunman argued for a maximum sentence given the violent and detailed history of abuse. Judge Cara Wood promptly sentenced the defendant to the 39 years recommended by the jury. Mr. Vanhoy will not be eligible for parole for nineteen and a half years.

“The victim in this case showed tremendous courage and strength in the courtroom,” stated District Attorney Brett Ligon. “Again we have seen that Montgomery County juries support the victims of this kind of abuse and hand out the significant prison sentences this type of crime demands. Our office continues to make cases involving child sexual abuse a priority and will always, always ask for maximum sentences.”

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Maurice Reyes – Sick Twist – Child Predator Busted by DNA


Orange County Sex Crimes Investigators used DNA evidence and video from two different surveillance cameras to track down a suspected predator in east Orlando.

46-year-old Maurice Reyes is accused of duct taping and gagging a four year old girl, after breaking into her home in the middle of the night.

Cops say DNA evidence found on beer cans that Reyes left at the scene not only connects him to the attack last week but also to a similar case in 2007.

“He breaks through a bathroom window… he goes into the child’s room, gags her with a piece of cloth,” said detective Rich Mankewich.

The suspect in the 2007 case fled when the child’s mother heard him in the house,

Mankewich says Reyes has a history of bizarre behavior. Three times in the 1990s Reyes was caught masturbating outside of homes as he peered in through the window.

Reyes sits in jail on no bond.

Mankewich says charges on the 2007 case are coming.

Rodney Mead Pelling – Child Pornography Production


A Newberg golf instructor was arraigned in federal court Monday on charges that he used a 12-year-old girl to produce child pornography as they traveled together across the state.

A 10-count indictment handed up in Eugene last month accuses Rodney Mead Pelling, 68, of producing, possessing and receiving sexually explicit images of children.

Pelling pleaded not guilty to all counts. He has been described as an amateur photographer, businessman and history buff.

“This is a very serious case involving the repeated sexual exploitation of a young child,” said Karin Immergut, the U.S. attorney for Oregon, in a news release. The case was “made worse by the fact that Rodney Pelling chose to photograph and thereby memorialize that exploitation.”

The girl, who competed in golf and gymnastic competitions, accompanied Pelling across the state, according to state police, sheriff’s deputies in two counties and FBI agents who investigated the case.

The case against Pelling began in July when he was seen behaving inappropriately with the girl at a motel in Sisters, government prosecutors said.

During those travels and back at his home, Pelling created sexually explicit images of the girl, the government alleges. Those images were produced in Deschutes, Yamhill, Coos and Douglas counties from April 9, 2007, to May 4, 2008, according to the indictment against Pelling.

The indictment also accuses the golf instructor of receiving child pornography at least four times between October 2006 and January 2007, as well as possessing the illegal images in July 2008.

Deschutes County sheriff’s deputies arrested Pelling last July, and he was charged in Deschutes and Yamhill counties with first-degree sex abuse and using a child in the display of sexually explicit conduct — both Measure 11 crimes that carry mandatory-minimum prison sentences. He has been held in the Yamhill County Jail since then.

Federal charges were added in the case last month because investigators believe he downloaded images of the girl to his computers and received child pornography over the Internet.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Thomas Coffin ordered that Pelling be held in jail pending his trial, which is set for July 21 before U.S. District Judge Ann Aiken in Eugene.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Peggy Edenfield – Agrees to testify against husband

Peggy Edenfield has agreed to testify against her husband and son in exchange for prosecutors not asking that she get the death penalty.


The first of three family members charged with the sexual abuse slaying of 6-year-old Christopher Michael Barrios Jr. could stand trial this year, prosecutors said.

David Edenfield, 59, of Brunswick faces the death penalty if convicted of malice murder in the killing almost two years ago.

District Attorney Stephen Kelley wants to bring Edenfield to trial in late summer or fall. Edenfield’s son, George, a convicted child molester, also faces the death penalty in the slaying. George Edenfield, 33, could face a special civil trial by the end of the year to determine if he is mentally competent to be tried on the criminal charges, Kelley said.

No date has been set for David or George Edenfield. Nor has a trial date been set for Peggy Edenfield, 57, who faces a life sentence in the killing. She is married to David Edenfield and is George Edenfield’s mother.

The five-county Brunswick circuit had 25 homicide cases awaiting trial as of Friday. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty in at least seven of those cases, Kelley said.

None is bigger than those for the accused killers of Christopher Barrios Jr., a case that drew national attention.

The boy was killed March 8, 2007. His body was discovered a week later inside a black plastic trash bag hidden in woods about 2 miles from the Canal Mobile Home Park where he lived.

The three Edenfields were the Barrios family’s neighbors. They remain jailed without bail on malice murder, kidnapping and child molestation charges.

Peggy Edenfield has agreed to testify against her husband and son in exchange for prosecutors not asking that she get the death penalty.

Kelley expects pretrial hearings in David Edenfield’s case to resume within a couple months. It’s been slow going, he said, because of the legal procedures mandated by Georgia’s death penalty law.

“It’s all time-consuming, but it’s part of Georgia’s death penalty process,” he said.

Peggy’s son George Edenfield was a registered sex offender.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte

Peggy Edenfield – Agrees to testify against husband

Peggy Edenfield has agreed to testify against her husband and son in exchange for prosecutors not asking that she get the death penalty.


The first of three family members charged with the sexual abuse slaying of 6-year-old Christopher Michael Barrios Jr. could stand trial this year, prosecutors said.

David Edenfield, 59, of Brunswick faces the death penalty if convicted of malice murder in the killing almost two years ago.

District Attorney Stephen Kelley wants to bring Edenfield to trial in late summer or fall. Edenfield’s son, George, a convicted child molester, also faces the death penalty in the slaying. George Edenfield, 33, could face a special civil trial by the end of the year to determine if he is mentally competent to be tried on the criminal charges, Kelley said.

No date has been set for David or George Edenfield. Nor has a trial date been set for Peggy Edenfield, 57, who faces a life sentence in the killing. She is married to David Edenfield and is George Edenfield’s mother.

The five-county Brunswick circuit had 25 homicide cases awaiting trial as of Friday. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty in at least seven of those cases, Kelley said.

None is bigger than those for the accused killers of Christopher Barrios Jr., a case that drew national attention.

The boy was killed March 8, 2007. His body was discovered a week later inside a black plastic trash bag hidden in woods about 2 miles from the Canal Mobile Home Park where he lived.

The three Edenfields were the Barrios family’s neighbors. They remain jailed without bail on malice murder, kidnapping and child molestation charges.

Peggy Edenfield has agreed to testify against her husband and son in exchange for prosecutors not asking that she get the death penalty.

Kelley expects pretrial hearings in David Edenfield’s case to resume within a couple months. It’s been slow going, he said, because of the legal procedures mandated by Georgia’s death penalty law.

“It’s all time-consuming, but it’s part of Georgia’s death penalty process,” he said.

Peggy’s son George Edenfield was a registered sex offender.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte

Dell Vanderschuit – Captured Internet Predator – Pedophile


Between 8/30/08 and 11/6/08 the Phoenix Police Department’s Drug Enforcement Bureau Vice Unit conducted an internet crime investigation showing that Dell Vanderschuit was soliciting an undercover officer to have sex with both her and a 10 year old girl for $1500.

Ironically, the initial information about the suspect came to us from a Phoenix “pimp” who was infuriated that this suspect wanted to have sex with a young child. Subsequently, undercover investigators made contact with the suspect and began the investigation. On 12/10/08 a warrant was issued for Vanderschuit’s arrest for attempted child prostitution, a class 3 F.

During the course of the investigation Vanderschuit moved to Chico, California from an apartment at 4950 E. Van Buren in Phoenix. Investigators believed Vanderschuit had in his possession in California evidence material to the case.

Our Vice Unit investigators worked with investigators from the FBI Innocence Lost Task Force, the Phoenix Police Department Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force, and the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office.

The Innocence Lost Task Force put us in contact with the Chico Police Department. Phoenix Police investigators traveled to Chico on December 19th, 2008. With assistance from Chico P.D. and the FBI a search warrant was served and evidence was obtained, but the suspect was not there.

On Christmas Eve, 12/25/08, Vanderschuit was arrested by I.C.E. in a port of entry in San Francisco for the existing arrest warrant, while re-entering the United States after vacationing in Puerto Vallarta. He now faces extradition back to Arizona.

Dell Vanderschuit – Captured Internet Predator – Pedophile


Between 8/30/08 and 11/6/08 the Phoenix Police Department’s Drug Enforcement Bureau Vice Unit conducted an internet crime investigation showing that Dell Vanderschuit was soliciting an undercover officer to have sex with both her and a 10 year old girl for $1500.

Ironically, the initial information about the suspect came to us from a Phoenix “pimp” who was infuriated that this suspect wanted to have sex with a young child. Subsequently, undercover investigators made contact with the suspect and began the investigation. On 12/10/08 a warrant was issued for Vanderschuit’s arrest for attempted child prostitution, a class 3 F.

During the course of the investigation Vanderschuit moved to Chico, California from an apartment at 4950 E. Van Buren in Phoenix. Investigators believed Vanderschuit had in his possession in California evidence material to the case.

Our Vice Unit investigators worked with investigators from the FBI Innocence Lost Task Force, the Phoenix Police Department Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force, and the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office.

The Innocence Lost Task Force put us in contact with the Chico Police Department. Phoenix Police investigators traveled to Chico on December 19th, 2008. With assistance from Chico P.D. and the FBI a search warrant was served and evidence was obtained, but the suspect was not there.

On Christmas Eve, 12/25/08, Vanderschuit was arrested by I.C.E. in a port of entry in San Francisco for the existing arrest warrant, while re-entering the United States after vacationing in Puerto Vallarta. He now faces extradition back to Arizona.

Michael J. Lundblad – Basement Dwelling – INTERNET PREDATOR

A 25-year-old man who tried to solicit sex from boys on the Internet and downloaded child pornography while living in the basement of his mother’s home in Maplewood pleaded guilty Monday.

Michael J. Lundblad, 25, originally was charged in Ramsey County District Court with 10 counts of possession of child pornography. He pleaded guilty to four of those counts. Six others will be dismissed when he is sentenced Feb. 5 by District Judge Rosanne Nathanson. The plea agreement calls for him to serve 120 days in jail and register as a sex offender for 10 years.

Although Lundblad’s mother ran a licensed day care out of her home, there were no allegations that Lundblad had inappropriate contact with any of the children. The day care was shut down when police began investigating the case.

According to the criminal complaint, an investigator with the Minnesota Internet Crimes Against Children task force received information in July 2007 from America Online that a user identified as “cuteboytyler15” had tried to solicit sex from boys under 15 on an AOL chatline.

Lundblad’s computer was found at a Pawn America store in Roseville. Investigators found 174 files containing child pornography on the computer and another 600 on CDs and mini-discs found in Lundblad’s drawers, closets and bags.

John Mucher – Videotaped himself raping girl – started when she was FOUR


A man facing 39 sex charges, including six counts of rape and downloading child pornography, has pleaded guilty as charged.

John Mucher, 33, of Craig Drive, admitted guilt Monday, Dec. 22, before Butler County Common Pleas Judge Patricia Oney, who promised he would be sentenced to life in prison, according to Butler County Prosecutor Robin Piper.

Mucher was arrested in August by Hamilton police and charged with rape and gross sexual imposition after an investigation revealed he videotaped himself having sex with a young girl at least once.

In September, Mucher’s attorney, Lawrence Hawkins III, filed a not guilty by reason of insanity motion on behalf of his client. Oney ordered a psychological evaluation and as a result of the evaluation, determined he was sane and competent to stand trial.

Piper stated, “He pleaded guilty as charged to every count in the indictment because we offered no reductions. This is one of the more horrendous cases our office has seen. The nature of the sexual abuse inflicted is not fit for publication. Mucher is the kind of guy that makes you want the death penalty for child sex abusers. It’s appropriate for him to spend the rest of his life in prison.”

Oney is scheduled to sentence Mucher at noon Feb. 2. When accepting his plea, the judge said Mucher will likely get a life sentence with eligibility for parole after 35 years.

During a preliminary hearing Aug. 28 in Hamilton Municipal Court, Detective Mark Hayes said abuse of the girl began when she was about four and continued until days before Mucher’s arrest. A video found shows him performing sex acts with the victim, according to Hayes. It is dated January 2008.

Two computers and discs were taken by detectives from the Mucher residence. Police believed the computer equipment may contain additional child pornography.

The indictment alleged Mucher was downloading images of children performing sex acts. He was charged with 30 counts of pandering sexually-oriented matter involving a minor and two counts of illegal use of a minor in a nudity-oriented material or performance. In addition, he was also charged with one count gross sexual imposition of an act he allegedly performed on the rape victim, according to the prosecution.

Mucher has been housed in the Butler County Jail since his arrest in lieu of a $1 million bond.

Published in: on December 23, 2008 at 3:43 pm  Leave a Comment  

John Mucher – Videotaped himself raping girl – started when she was FOUR


A man facing 39 sex charges, including six counts of rape and downloading child pornography, has pleaded guilty as charged.

John Mucher, 33, of Craig Drive, admitted guilt Monday, Dec. 22, before Butler County Common Pleas Judge Patricia Oney, who promised he would be sentenced to life in prison, according to Butler County Prosecutor Robin Piper.

Mucher was arrested in August by Hamilton police and charged with rape and gross sexual imposition after an investigation revealed he videotaped himself having sex with a young girl at least once.

In September, Mucher’s attorney, Lawrence Hawkins III, filed a not guilty by reason of insanity motion on behalf of his client. Oney ordered a psychological evaluation and as a result of the evaluation, determined he was sane and competent to stand trial.

Piper stated, “He pleaded guilty as charged to every count in the indictment because we offered no reductions. This is one of the more horrendous cases our office has seen. The nature of the sexual abuse inflicted is not fit for publication. Mucher is the kind of guy that makes you want the death penalty for child sex abusers. It’s appropriate for him to spend the rest of his life in prison.”

Oney is scheduled to sentence Mucher at noon Feb. 2. When accepting his plea, the judge said Mucher will likely get a life sentence with eligibility for parole after 35 years.

During a preliminary hearing Aug. 28 in Hamilton Municipal Court, Detective Mark Hayes said abuse of the girl began when she was about four and continued until days before Mucher’s arrest. A video found shows him performing sex acts with the victim, according to Hayes. It is dated January 2008.

Two computers and discs were taken by detectives from the Mucher residence. Police believed the computer equipment may contain additional child pornography.

The indictment alleged Mucher was downloading images of children performing sex acts. He was charged with 30 counts of pandering sexually-oriented matter involving a minor and two counts of illegal use of a minor in a nudity-oriented material or performance. In addition, he was also charged with one count gross sexual imposition of an act he allegedly performed on the rape victim, according to the prosecution.

Mucher has been housed in the Butler County Jail since his arrest in lieu of a $1 million bond.

Published in: on December 23, 2008 at 3:43 pm  Leave a Comment