Edward Lee Silcox – Repeat Sex Offender – Lured child at Target’s


Police arrested a registered sex offender Thursday night who allegedly tried to coerce a little girl from her mother.

Edward Lee Silcox, 33, of Nottingham, was arrested Thursday night by East Lampeter Township police and charged with criminal attempt at interference with custody of children, a third-degree felony.

The arrest stems from a Feb. 13 incident at the Target store on Lincoln Highway East, police said.

At that time, police said, a mother was shopping with her two daughters, ages 10 and 8, when Silcox allegedly made several attempts to lure the youngest daughter to him by voice commands and gestures.

Silcox, a registered sex offender, was arraigned and remanded to Lancaster County Prison in lieu of $150,000 bail.

Police said Silcox is also a suspect in a similar incident that occurred at Rockvale Square Outlets on the same date. Anyone with information on these or other similar incidents should contact East Lampeter Township Police at 291-4676.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte

Darrin Eugene Sanford – Repeat Sex Offender – Kidnapped and Murdered girl


A transient sex offender was arrested Monday afternoon in connection with the murder of a teenage girl whose body was discovered in an overgrown field over the weekend.

Darrin Eugene Sanford, 30, faces a first-degree murder charge in the death of 13-year-old Alycia D. Nipp (pictured below), a Thomas Jefferson Middle School student.

Nipp’s stepfather discovered her body around 2:30 a.m. Sunday while he was out searching for her after she had been reported missing. Nipp had been stabbed multiple times and police believe her body was dragged to a wooded area and left there. All of her clothing was found intact.

According to the Clark County Sheriff’s Office, Sanford is one of a number of transient sex offenders living in the Hazel Dell area and was known to frequent an abandoned house in the vicinity of the murder. Other details connecting him to the murder were not released.

Sanford is a Level III registered sex offender, which means he was identified as a sex offender who could pose a potential high risk to the community and who might re-offend.

Sanford was convicted in 1998 for communicating with a minor for immoral purposes and two counts of luring with sexual motivation. Details about that case can be found on Sanford’s Registered Sex Offender Detail Sheet.

Police would like to hear from anyone who knows of Sanford’s whereabouts over the weekend. If you have information, call the Clark County Sheriff’s Office tip line at 1-877-274-6311.

Sanford has been booked into the Clark County Jail and is scheduled to make his first court appearance Tuesday morning.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte

Sal Inghilleri – Baby Raper – Cures recidivism problem – Good job

A convicted sex offender linked to the notorious case of a girl who was kidnapped and hidden in a dungeon more than a decade ago collapsed and died Saturday at a jail after refusing medical treatment, officials said.

Sal Inghilleri, 55, collapsed at a jail in Riverhead but refused treatment, the Suffolk County sheriff’s office told Newsday. Emergency workers revived Inghilleri, who was later pronounced dead at Peconic Bay Medical Center.

The medical examiner will determine a cause of death.

Inghilleri was convicted of two counts of sexual abuse and served 12 years for molesting Katie Beers, who at the age of 9 was kidnapped and stashed in a dungeon for 16 days in 1991 at a Long Island home by John Esposito. During the investigation into the kidnapping, authorities discovered that Inghilleri had sexually abused the girl before she was abducted.

His attorney, Thomas Kenniff, said Inghilleri had a history of medical problems including diabetes and a severe heart condition, and that an arraignment had to be done from a hospital.

“It has been a frustrating case in a lot of ways,” Kenniff said. “I felt we were winning most of the battles, but the clock has unfortunately run out for him before it could be finished.”

Inghilleri was paroled in 2006 but was arrested again and faced federal charges of violating the rules of his release by failing to notify authorities that he had moved from his Bay Shore home. He had been held on bail in the Riverhead jail since October 2007.

Esposito was sentenced to 15 years in prison in 1994 after prosecutors agreed to a plea bargain to spare the victim the pain of testifying.

Ordinarily, sex abuse victims are not publicly identified, but Beers was already well known because of the high-profile search for her while she was held captive.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte

Charles Jaynes – Whining Nambla Pedophile

The infamous pervert who’s served 10 years in prison for killing 10-year-old Jeffrey Curley of Cambridge is demanding a new trial, arguing jurors who convicted him had no right to hear he was sexually attracted to little boys.

Charles Jaynes’ attorney, Janet Hetherwick Pumphrey, said yesterday the monstrous murderer does not claim he is innocent of kidnapping the child on Oct. 1, 1997.

Rather, Pumphrey explained, Jaynes’ sexual proclivity was irrelevant because, “This was a kidnapping-murder case. He’s just claiming his trial was unfair.”

With help from his boyfriend Salvatore Sicari, Jaynes smothered Jeffrey with gasoline for refusing to submit to sex and dumped the boy’s naked, concrete-spattered body in a Maine river in a Rubbermaid container. The heartlesness and vile nature of the crime shocked the nation.

Jaynes, 33, maintains that written and oral statements he made expressing his desire for Jeffrey and other boys should not have been admitted into evidence, and that a witness’ remark that he was a “pedophile” should have been grounds for a mistrial, court records state.

Yesterday, the cowardly killer shuffled into Middlesex Superior Judge Hiller B. Zobel’s courtroom to present his case, but panicked upon seeing news cameras and retreated to a holding area, screaming for his lawyer.

When Zobel refused to indulge him, Jaynes agreed to come out with a denim jacket pulled over his head.

Zobel cautioned Pumphrey, “I have not decided if I’m going to have a hearing on this motion.”

The Supreme Judicial Court in 2002 turned down Jaynes’ first bid for a new trial, denying his claim that the public was wrongly barred from a portion of jury selection.

Jaynes was sentenced to life, plus 9 to 10 years, for kidnapping and second-degree murder, could eventually be eligible for parole. Sicari, found guilty of first-degree murder, will serve life.

In his statement, Sicari described the killing. While he drove Jaynes’ Cadillac, he explained, the 250-pound Jaynes sat on Curley in the back seat. As Curley struggled, Jaynes allegedly told him, “Don’t fight it.” Jaynes then placed a gasoline soaked rag to the boy’s mouth and held it there, killing him, Sicari said.

After the killing, Sicari told police, he and Jaynes drove to numerous stores to buy the items necessary to dispose of Curley’s body. Video cameras in two of the stores captured the men at the checkout counter purchasing a Rubbermaid container, a bag of lime and a bag of concrete. The men then left Massachusetts and drove north to Jaynes’ apartment in Manchester, New Hampshire. There, according to Sicari, Jaynes took off Curley’s clothes and molested the boy’s dead body. The sight of this made him ill, said Sicari. When he ran to the bathroom, Jaynes told him, “Don’t be a baby. Come out here and help me — he’s starting to stiffen up.”

Sicari then admitted to helping Jaynes prepare the body. First they placed Curley’s body in the cement-filled Rubbermaid container, put lime on his face and in his mouth to speed decomposition, and sealed the container with duct tape. Then they drove to Maine, where they dumped the container into a river, Sicari said.

Prosecutors believed that Sicari and Jaynes lured Curley into Jaynes’ Cadillac with the promise of $50 and a bicycle. One or both of the men allegedly made sexual advances towards the boy, then suffocated him when he resisted.

Gerald L. Heavner – Repeat Sex Offender – Goes after 7 year old


A Roberts man was in St. Croix County Circuit Court on charges of Child Enticement-Sexual Contact and Abduction of a Child-Detaining on Friday.

Gerald L. Heavner, 39, last known address of 134 Burr St., did not enter a plea. He will appear before Judge Eric Lundell on Jan. 16 for a plea/sentencing hearing.

A plea bargain was offered. If Heavner pleads guilty to the first count of child enticement, he will spend one year in St. Croix County Jail and serve five years of probation.

St. Croix County Corrections Field Supervisor Mike O’Keefe said it’s likely Heavner will be under some form of law enforcement supervision for a long time.

Charges allege that on Aug. 1, Heavner attempted to entice a 7-year-old girl to ride in his car in Roberts.

“Luckily, he was caught early,” O’Keefe said about Heavner’s potential re-offense.

O’Keefe also commended the child Heavner approached for talking to an adult about what happened, just as children should do in a situation like that.

Heavner has been in St. Croix County Jail since he was picked up on those charges.

Heavner is a registered sex offender. He was convicted of first degree sexual assault of a child on March 26, 1999. In that case, he pleaded guilty. That conviction remains unreversed.

Heavner was still on parole for that conviction during this alleged incident.

According to the Wisconsin Department of Corrections Web site, first degree sexual assault of a child includes sexual contact or intercourse with a person who is under 13 years old.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte

Gerald L. Heavner – Repeat Sex Offender – Goes after 7 year old


A Roberts man was in St. Croix County Circuit Court on charges of Child Enticement-Sexual Contact and Abduction of a Child-Detaining on Friday.

Gerald L. Heavner, 39, last known address of 134 Burr St., did not enter a plea. He will appear before Judge Eric Lundell on Jan. 16 for a plea/sentencing hearing.

A plea bargain was offered. If Heavner pleads guilty to the first count of child enticement, he will spend one year in St. Croix County Jail and serve five years of probation.

St. Croix County Corrections Field Supervisor Mike O’Keefe said it’s likely Heavner will be under some form of law enforcement supervision for a long time.

Charges allege that on Aug. 1, Heavner attempted to entice a 7-year-old girl to ride in his car in Roberts.

“Luckily, he was caught early,” O’Keefe said about Heavner’s potential re-offense.

O’Keefe also commended the child Heavner approached for talking to an adult about what happened, just as children should do in a situation like that.

Heavner has been in St. Croix County Jail since he was picked up on those charges.

Heavner is a registered sex offender. He was convicted of first degree sexual assault of a child on March 26, 1999. In that case, he pleaded guilty. That conviction remains unreversed.

Heavner was still on parole for that conviction during this alleged incident.

According to the Wisconsin Department of Corrections Web site, first degree sexual assault of a child includes sexual contact or intercourse with a person who is under 13 years old.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte

Joseph Duncan says "Most sex offenders are just like me"

From Blogging the Fifth Nail

A federal judge in Boise has sentenced convicted child killer Joseph Duncan to three life sentences for kidnapping and sexually abusing two north Idaho children in 2005.

Those life terms are in addition to three more life terms imposed Monday in state court for Duncan’s role in the murder of the children’s mother, Brenda Groene, her fiance, Mark McKenzie, and the children’s brother, 13-year-old Slade Groene.

The federal penalties imposed today by U.S. District Judge Edward Lodge follow the three death penalty sentences Duncan received in August for the kidnapping of Shasta and Dylan Groene, and the murder of 9-year-old Dylan.

Duncan was sentenced to three death penalties in August for the kidnapping and killing of 9-year-old Dylan Groene.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Joseph Duncan says "Most sex offenders are just like me"

From Blogging the Fifth Nail

A federal judge in Boise has sentenced convicted child killer Joseph Duncan to three life sentences for kidnapping and sexually abusing two north Idaho children in 2005.

Those life terms are in addition to three more life terms imposed Monday in state court for Duncan’s role in the murder of the children’s mother, Brenda Groene, her fiance, Mark McKenzie, and the children’s brother, 13-year-old Slade Groene.

The federal penalties imposed today by U.S. District Judge Edward Lodge follow the three death penalty sentences Duncan received in August for the kidnapping of Shasta and Dylan Groene, and the murder of 9-year-old Dylan.

Duncan was sentenced to three death penalties in August for the kidnapping and killing of 9-year-old Dylan Groene.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Joesph Duncan – Repeat Sex Offender – Needs Impartial Jury


Setting the stage for what will, no doubt, be a difficult hearing — potential jurors in the death sentence hearing for Joseph Duncan were asked today if they could bear watching video of a child being sadistically and sexually abused.

That is a tough question! One that many potential jurors grappled with today and one that Duncan, himself, weighed in on.

The videos in question were made by confessed killer Joseph Duncan.

In May of 2005, he randomly chose and killed a Coeur d’Alene family.

His initial victims were Brenda Groene, her fiancé Mark McKenzie and her oldest son, Slade.

Duncan has confessed to the murders and to kidnapping the family’s two youngest children, 9-year old Dylan, and then 8-year-old Shasta.

He took the children to a remote campsite in Montana, where he later killed Dylan and videotaped his heinous crimes.

Calling it “ugly evidence,” U.S. Attorney Tom Moss asked potential jurors if they could watch videotapes and images of the “very sadistic child sexual abuse of Dylan Groene.”

One would-be juror said he suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder. While he thought he could still be impartial, he was concerned about his ability to watch the videotapes.

Duncan came to the man’s defense. Acknowledging, “this video has the potential to victimize people,” said Duncan.

That potential juror and all but seven others were excused. Some for their inability to cope with the evidence, others who said they could never impose the death penalty and still others who said they could consider no other option than death for Duncan.

With seven potential jurors approved today — the total is now up to 40.

Nineteen more are needed before the selection process is narrowed even further to 12 jurors and three alternates.

Jury selection in this capital case will resume on Monday.

At the current pace, the hearing to determine whether Duncan lives or dies, could begin as early as next week.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Joesph Duncan – Repeat Sex Offender – Needs Impartial Jury


Setting the stage for what will, no doubt, be a difficult hearing — potential jurors in the death sentence hearing for Joseph Duncan were asked today if they could bear watching video of a child being sadistically and sexually abused.

That is a tough question! One that many potential jurors grappled with today and one that Duncan, himself, weighed in on.

The videos in question were made by confessed killer Joseph Duncan.

In May of 2005, he randomly chose and killed a Coeur d’Alene family.

His initial victims were Brenda Groene, her fiancé Mark McKenzie and her oldest son, Slade.

Duncan has confessed to the murders and to kidnapping the family’s two youngest children, 9-year old Dylan, and then 8-year-old Shasta.

He took the children to a remote campsite in Montana, where he later killed Dylan and videotaped his heinous crimes.

Calling it “ugly evidence,” U.S. Attorney Tom Moss asked potential jurors if they could watch videotapes and images of the “very sadistic child sexual abuse of Dylan Groene.”

One would-be juror said he suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder. While he thought he could still be impartial, he was concerned about his ability to watch the videotapes.

Duncan came to the man’s defense. Acknowledging, “this video has the potential to victimize people,” said Duncan.

That potential juror and all but seven others were excused. Some for their inability to cope with the evidence, others who said they could never impose the death penalty and still others who said they could consider no other option than death for Duncan.

With seven potential jurors approved today — the total is now up to 40.

Nineteen more are needed before the selection process is narrowed even further to 12 jurors and three alternates.

Jury selection in this capital case will resume on Monday.

At the current pace, the hearing to determine whether Duncan lives or dies, could begin as early as next week.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte