Jose Luis Torres – Filthy Pedophile Polygamist Extradicted


Jose Luis Torres, extradicted from Mexico on suspicion of child molestation. (U.S. Marshals Service)

A polygamist who claimed to be an emissary of God and accused of serial abuse of his daughters has been returned to the United States and pleaded not guilty Thursday to charges of molestation and rape.

Jose Luis Torres, 54, arrived in San Diego Wednesday afternoon from Mexico City, where he had been in a penitentiary awaiting extradition since his capture, Deputy U.S. Marshal Omar Castillo said.

Mexican authorities took Torres into custody Jan. 8 after he was located at his mother’s home, Castillo said.

He was arraigned in San Diego Superior Court Thursday on 24 counts of various crimes of sexual abuse. Family members and victims watched the hearing from the gallery.

Torres faces more than 100 years to life in prison, said prosecutor Rachel Cano. He remains in county jail, where he is being held on $1 million bail. San Diego police Detective Dianna Webb described Torres as controlling and domineering and called it one of the worst molestation cases she has ever seen.

Torres, who had two wives in San Diego, is accused of molesting two biological daughters and one stepdaughter daily for most of their lives, Webb said. The girls are now adults. He claimed that he was the archangel Gabriel who had been sent by God and that he was entitled to have sex with the girls in order to fulfill his sexual needs and pass along his seed, Webb said.

The victims told police the molestations began in the late 1980s and ended in 2003. It came to light after one of the victims mentioned it to detectives while talking about an unrelated matter, Webb said. The rest of the family then came forward.

“Whatever mental power he had over them, he had everyone convinced not to disclose,” Webb told The San Diego Union-Tribune last year.

Torres, who rebuilt cars for a living, mainly lived off his wives’ salaries while he stayed home and took care of the children. He also wrote a book that detailed his religious beliefs and was published in Spanish.

Published in: on June 12, 2009 at 3:55 am  Leave a Comment  

Stefan Colmer – Pervert extradited from Israel pleads Guilty

Authorities say a New York City man extradited from Israel to the U.S. has pleaded guilty to charges he repeatedly sodomized two teenage boys.

Brooklyn District Attorney Charles J. Hynes said Tuesday that 32-year-old Stefan Colmer faces up to seven years in prison when he is sentenced on June 30.

Hoping to avoid arrest, Colmer, a computer technician and salesman, fled to Israel and changed his name to David Cohen in February, 2007. Colmer was indicted in May, 2007, on charges of sodomizing the teenagers in Brooklyn between January and May, 2006.

Hynes says Colmer is the first person to be extradited from Israel under a revised treaty that went into effect in January, 2007. He says the crimes Colmer committed were not subject to extradition before the treaty was changed.

He pleaded guilty to eight counts, including endangering the welfare of a child. He’s due to be sentenced June 30 and faces up to seven years in jail.

Diyon Evans – Raped Patient – Captured

A man who was being sought in the rape of a mentally incapacitated patient at an Indianapolis rehabilitation center earlier this year was arrested Friday in Alabama.

Morgan County, Ala., jailers confirmed to 6News Sunday that Diyon Evans, 31, was being held there after he was arrested at a hospital in Decatur, Ala

Indianapolis police said Evans raped a 35-year-old patient at the Eagle Valley Meadows Rehabilitation Center at 3017 Valley Farms Road.

A DNA sample was obtained from the woman and a match was made to Evans, Indianapolis police Sgt. Paul Thompson said Wednesday.

Evans had lived in Indianapolis and Muncie in recent years. He faces charges in Indiana of rape, criminal deviate conduct and sexual battery.

According to court records, Evans, then of 316 N. Mulberry St. in Muncie, was convicted of conversion in June 2002 after being accused of shoplifting at the Ball State University bookstore. He received a one-year suspended sentence and $200 fine in Muncie City Court.

In June 2001, Evans was charged with resisting law enforcement and possession of marijuana in Delaware Circuit Court 5. Prosecutors dropped those charges six months later, however

Published in: on June 7, 2009 at 11:34 pm  Leave a Comment  

Joseph Christian Fontana – Repeat Sex Offender – 76 new counts


The Santa Rosa County Sheriffs Office has been searching for a registered Sex Offender, Joseph Christian Fontana aka Christian Fontana since a warrant for his arrest was issued in 2006.

Fontana disappeared from his residence at 1305 Green Acres Avenue in Fort Walton Beach after finding out that the Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office was conducting an investigation into allegations of sexual misconduct by Fontana with minor children. Fontana’s whereabouts were unknown until this afternoon, when he was arrested by the U.S. Marshal’s Service in the Dominican Republic.

Joseph Christian Fontana was profiled in April 2009 on the television show “America’s Most Wanted”. The show aired in the Dominican Republic as well, due to suspicions of Fontana being in that area.

In late April 2009, a tip was received through “America’s Most Wanted” and forwarded to investigators at the Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office. The tip gave a specific address for Fontana in the Dominican Republic.

Due to Fontana being out of the country, the Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office submitted the case to the U.S. Marshal’s Florida Regional Fugitive Task Force and requested their assistance in tracking down and apprehending Fontana.

The information was given to the U.S. Marshal’s Foreign Field Office in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, in an attempt to locate and apprehend Fontana. At approximately 1600 hours central time, U.S. Marshal’s, with the assistance of law enforcement in the Dominican Republic, took Fontana into custody.

From 2001 until 2006 when he fled, Fontana had been visiting with a single mother and her three children in their home. He met the latest victim’s mother at a local church and he eventually committed offenses against her children.

A 4 month investigation into the activities of Fontana, a Registered Sex Offender, resulted in a warrant being issued for his arrest.Fontana has been arrested involving crimes against children 3 times in the past. Fontana was convicted in 1995 of lewd & lascivious behavior with male child less than 16 years of age.

Fontana was known to prey on single women who have young male children. The initial investigation was a collaborative effort involving the Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office, Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office, and The Department of Children and Families. Fontana’s also currently has 1 warrant in Okaloosa County.

The 1 warrant in Santa Rosa County is for the following charges: 25 Counts of Sexual Assault on a victim over 12, 25 Counts of Lewd & Lascivious behavior (conduct by persons 18 or older), 25 counts of Lewd & Lascivious behavior (exhibit by persons 18 or older victim less than 16), and 1 count of showing obscene material to a child. Fontana is being held in the custody of the U.S. Marshal’s in the Dominican Republic. It is currently not known as to when his extradition will occur. Further information will be released as it becomes available.

The Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office would like to offer their sincere gratitude to both “America’s Most Wanted” and the USMS for their diligent efforts in locating and apprehending Joseph Fontana.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

GEORGE DIEDERIK PRINSLOO – World’s Most Wanted – In Australia

GEORGE DIEDERIK PRINSLOO, 39 Nationality: South African A former lawyer who absconded while on bail three years ago, facing charges of sexually abusing underage girls he took from an orphanage. Wanted by Pretoria police

WARNING: THIS PERSON MAY BE VIOLENT AND DANGEROUS

Present family name: PRINSLOO
Forename: GEORGE DIEDERIK
Sex: MALE
Date of birth: 18 October 1969 (39 years old)
Place of birth: PRETORIA, South Africa
Language spoken: AFRIKAANS, English
Nationality: South Africa
Physical description
Height: 1.78 metres
Weight: 80 kg
Colour of eyes: BLUE
Colour of hair: LIGHT BROWN
Offences:
Categories of Offences: CRIMES AGAINST CHILDREN, FRAUD, SEX CRIMES
Arrest Warrant Issued by: PRETORIA / South Africa

DO not approach these people. If you see someone that matches their profile, call Crime Stoppers in 1800 333 000.

The accused pedophile has been on the run for three years since absconding bail in South Africa.

His alleged crimes are horrific. Along with his co-accused and former partner, Cezanne Visser, he is alleged to have abused underage girls taken from a South African orphanage.

Ms Visser, who goes on trial in South Africa this month, claims her life with him involved sex slavery, abuse and threats to murder her, her mother and his ex-wife.

Crime Stoppers boss Peter Price said Mr Prinsloo could blend into any community.

“These guys are predators,” he said.

“He looks like an average person, but looks can be deceiving. We’ve got to find this guy.”

Mr Prinsloo is believed to have visited Belarus, Russia, Latvia, New Zealand and Australia, and is considered to be violent.

Published in: on June 1, 2009 at 8:59 am  Leave a Comment  

GEORGE DIEDERIK PRINSLOO – World’s Most Wanted – In Australia

GEORGE DIEDERIK PRINSLOO, 39 Nationality: South African A former lawyer who absconded while on bail three years ago, facing charges of sexually abusing underage girls he took from an orphanage. Wanted by Pretoria police

WARNING: THIS PERSON MAY BE VIOLENT AND DANGEROUS

Present family name: PRINSLOO
Forename: GEORGE DIEDERIK
Sex: MALE
Date of birth: 18 October 1969 (39 years old)
Place of birth: PRETORIA, South Africa
Language spoken: AFRIKAANS, English
Nationality: South Africa
Physical description
Height: 1.78 metres
Weight: 80 kg
Colour of eyes: BLUE
Colour of hair: LIGHT BROWN
Offences:
Categories of Offences: CRIMES AGAINST CHILDREN, FRAUD, SEX CRIMES
Arrest Warrant Issued by: PRETORIA / South Africa

DO not approach these people. If you see someone that matches their profile, call Crime Stoppers in 1800 333 000.

The accused pedophile has been on the run for three years since absconding bail in South Africa.

His alleged crimes are horrific. Along with his co-accused and former partner, Cezanne Visser, he is alleged to have abused underage girls taken from a South African orphanage.

Ms Visser, who goes on trial in South Africa this month, claims her life with him involved sex slavery, abuse and threats to murder her, her mother and his ex-wife.

Crime Stoppers boss Peter Price said Mr Prinsloo could blend into any community.

“These guys are predators,” he said.

“He looks like an average person, but looks can be deceiving. We’ve got to find this guy.”

Mr Prinsloo is believed to have visited Belarus, Russia, Latvia, New Zealand and Australia, and is considered to be violent.

Published in: on June 1, 2009 at 8:59 am  Leave a Comment  

WANTED: James Woodrow Duncan – Repeat Sex Offender

For almost two full years, a sexual predator molested his teenage stepdaughter in southwest Michigan, authorities have said, and when she found the courage to report the despicable crimes, he vanished.

Now, cops with the Michigan State Police need your help to track down the man who they say is responsible: James Woodrow Duncan.

This isn’t Duncan’s first brush with the law, and it’s not even his first Criminal Sexual Conduct charge in the state of Michigan. On December 6, 1991, Duncan pled guilty to a 3rd Degree CSC and spent years behind bars.

He’s been a registered sex offender since November 1995, and for just over a decade, cops say he managed to steer clear of trouble.

But that all changed when, according to police reports, Duncan began forcing his teenage step-daughter to have sex with him in their home during a two-year period from mid-2006 through July 2008.

On July 18, 2008, the young victim’s grandmother accompanied her to a local Michigan State Police post where she reported the heinous sexual assaults she says she repeatedly endured.

Shortly thereafter, cops made contact with her step-father, who said he would come in for an interview — but that interview never took place.

Days later, Duncan called back and told police he’d changed his mind. He claimed to have to go out of town, but he promised to be back by July 27, 2008.

Instead, when Duncan finally did call the cops back, he was singing a new tune: he told them that he’d found himself an attorney — and then he hit the road.

Read more here

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte

WANTED – Vincent Edward Boyd – Repeat Sex Offender – Absconded


Town of Menasha police got more than a dozen tip calls after fugitive Vincent Boyd was featured on America’s Most Wanted. Those close to the fugitive hope he’s captured soon.

Sarah, who asked us not to use her last name, is the ex-wife of a sex offender on the run.

“I don’t know what to say to that. I really hope that they catch him very soon.”

Her mother says she feels the same way.

“Anybody who preys on young children doesn’t deserve their freedom,” said Boyd’s ex-mother-in-law.

Boyd faces six felony charges. He’s wanted in Winnebago County for the alleged sexual assault of his then-seven-year-old cousin. He’s also wanted in Langlade County for allegedly beating and raping a nine-year-old girl.

Boyd, 27, has been on the run since being charged eight months ago.

On Saturday he was featured on the TV show “America’s Most Wanted.” Since then, Town of Menasha police received 15 new leads, possibly pointing them to his whereabouts.

“This is the one who preys on children. He’s your typical child predator in every sense,” Jason Weber of the police department said.

Weber couldn’t reveal where the tip calls came from but said detectives are pursuing the leads right now.

Sarah told us, “If it wasn’t for the community’s help and my parents, I probably wouldn’t have understood how crucial it was to walk away from him when I did.”

As a repeat offender, Boyd could spend the rest of his life in prison if convicted on any of the pending charges.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte

Marcellus Norman Jacob – Ticking Time Bomb Captured

The parole board initially refused to grant Jacob parole, citing his “disrespect for the law, impulsivity, chronic anger, low tolerance for frustration, substance misuse, sexual preoccupation, deviant patterns of sexual arousal, attitudes condoning the sexual misuse of women and dishonesty.”

Convicted sex offender Marcellus Norman Jacob has been arrested after walking away from a Vancouver halfway house.

Investigators with the Integrated Sexual Predator Observation Team (ISPOT) made the arrest after two Canada-wide warrants were issued for Jacob.

“Mr. Jacob has a long history and is well-known to police,” said RCMP Acting Staff Sgt. Tim Shields.

“The community is safer with him back in custody.

“He was on parole, so he will likely have to remain in custody for the remainder of his sentence.”

Jacob, who went AWOL April 2, was released in 2006 after serving two-thirds of his seven-year sentence for the knifepoint sexual assault of a Whitehorse woman in 2001.

In his sentencing in 2002, Yukon Territorial Court Judge Barry Stuart described Jacob as a “ticking bomb,” with a “propensity for violence and for sexually inappropriate behaviour.”

Jacob, then 20, was armed with a knife when he broke into a woman’s house in Whitehorse while she slept.

For several hours he forced her to carry out “deplorable, degrading acts,” including multiple physical and sexual assaults, according to the original sentencing report.

He was first released by the National Parole Board to a Vancouver halfway house in October 2006.

He disappeared one month later and was on the lam for four days before he turned himself in.

He also walked away from a halfway house on Aug. 10, 2008.

The parole board initially refused to grant Jacob parole, citing his “disrespect for the law, impulsivity, chronic anger, low tolerance for frustration, substance misuse, sexual preoccupation, deviant patterns of sexual arousal, attitudes condoning the sexual misuse of women and dishonesty.”

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Bruce Unger – New Charges for Baby Raper

New charges have been filed against the accused Bryan child molester who fled to Europe to escape the law.

Bruce Unger is in the Brazos County jail. A judge has not allowed any bond to be set.

Two new charges of aggravated sexual assault of a child have been filed against the 29-year-old, this after an alleged victim who had already come forward provided new information to authorities concerning additional alleged inappropriate contact.

Unger faced six charges of sexual assault and indecency with a child, then jumped bail and fled to Europe in late 2007.

A year later, authorities in the Ukraine caught up to the former Bryan teacher and youth coach, and he was extradited back to Brazos County.

In addition to those two new assault charges, Unger also had six felony charges of bail jumping added this week.

Unger taught at Neal Elementary School in Bryan, and was also named by USA Today as the nation’s “Most Caring Coach” in 2005 for his work with a soccer team made up of at-risk boys

Published in: on March 27, 2009 at 12:26 pm  Leave a Comment