Sex offenders can’t be trusted on the internet

A local psychologist who has counseled hundreds of sex offenders believes there’s nothing more dangerous to them or the public than the Internet.

“If they’ve benefited from treatment at all, they should know that they shouldn’t be involved in any Internet discussions or be on any social networking sites,” said Dr. James Orlando, Clinical Director at Summit Psychological Associates.

“It’s way too tempting for them. It would be like an alcoholic taking a job as a bartender. It’s really not a good idea, and they should know that.”

Earlier this year, Facebook and MySpace each adopted new policies prohibiting sex offenders from having personal pages.

Facebook has already deleted the profiles of more than 5,000 convicted sex offender, including an Akron man who molested boys at a local high school ten years ago and whose Facebook profile was featured several weeks ago on Channel 3 News.

Recently, a Kent mother checked the names of sex offenders in her neighborhood and found four men — all of whom had offended against young girls — with active Facebook profiles.

Orlando realizes that the ease of access makes it impossible to follow every sex offender’s activity on the Internet, but after counseling hundreds of offenders, he’s confident social networking is a one-way ticket to disaster.

“Sex offending occurs in the context of a relationship, almost always,” Orlando said. “So for an offender to offend, they need two things. They need opportunity to get to victims and they need an opportunity to develop a relationship . Social networking enables them to develop a relationship with a lot of people slowly over a course of time, and they slowly groom a lot of people until they find one they can offend against. So it’s ideal for them.”

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Jack Trawick – A Repeat Sex Offender – Executed in Alabama


A 62-year-old man who begged the judge at his trial to have him put him to death for the rape and murder of a young woman has been executed by lethal injection in Alabama, prison officials said Friday.

Jack Trawick was executed late Thursday after having been convicted of the murder of a 21-year-old woman in October 1992.

Local media reported that he had confessed to the murders of three other young women. Having been sentenced several times in the past, his lawyer had asked in vain that Trawick should not be paroled until he had followed a program for sex offenders.

All appeals to halt his execution were dropped, although his lawyers continued to insist that he was suffering from a mental illness.

Trawick was the fifth person to be put to death by lethal injection this year in the state.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Unless they’re dead

Published in: on June 13, 2009 at 4:45 pm  Leave a Comment  

Graham John Simms – Repeat Sex Offender – Pedophile faces life in prison

He was before the courts for sexually molesting children in:

  • 1987
  • 1991
  • 2000
  • 2003
  • 2009

A predatory paedophile who targeted football-mad school boys has been warned he could be jailed for life.

Graham John Simms, who has a 20-year history of abusing youngsters, was found guilty of a series of offences after a five-week trial.

The 49-year-old was convicted of meeting three boys, aged from nine to 11, following “sexual grooming”, between October 2006, and April last year.

Simms, of Braunstone Lane, Braunstone, Leicester, was also found guilty at Leicester Crown Court of five counts of sexually assaulting the same boys.

He was cleared of five further charges of sexually assaulting the boys.

Simms denied all the charges saying he was only being “affectionate” and there was no grooming involved.

Sarah Knight, prosecuting, said that Simms befriended the boys and their parents through an under-14s village football team and also while attending Leicester City FC away matches.

She said: “He portrays himself as a single unmarried guy with no kids who purports to offer kindness to families who happen to have pre-pubescent boys.

“He’s clever and calculated about who he befriends.

“He would use his seeming interest in LCFC to ingratiate himself with parents in order to spend time alone with the boys and create an opportunity to satisfy his sexual needs.

“He would treat the boys to gifts or trips.”

Simms would turn up at a boys’ matches wearing a Leicester City tracksuit, and talk to youngsters about football.

He would hug his victims in a way they did not like and also gave them sweets and treats.

Simms would slap one of the boys on his bottom and insist on accompanying him to the lavatory.

He was found not guilty of all the more serious charges which alleged he had touched the boys groin areas. The court was told that Simms had previously been convicted and jailed for indecently assaulting youngsters in the past.

He was before the courts for sexually molesting children in 1987, 1991, 2000 and 2003 and was on licence when he committed these latest offences.

After the verdicts were announced, Judge Simon Hammond said he would be considering imposing a life sentence for public protection.

This means Simms would not be released from jail until a parole board considered he was no longer a danger.

The judge requested a probation report assessing Simms’s risk of dangerousness.

Simms was remanded in custody and will be sentenced on July 24. Judge Hammond said: “These are very grave offences.

“He has all the trademarks of a persistent sexual predator of young boys and I have a duty to protect young boys.”

After the case, the mother of one of the boys Simms had groomed said her son had been traumatised by what had happened to him and now experienced anxiety attacks.

The woman, who lives in North West Leicestershire, said: “I just want to know why he’s done it, but that’s something I will never find out.

“We became good friends with Graham and went to games together – we saw him as one of the family. I feel totally betrayed.”

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Brian Letiecq – Repeat Sex Offender – Trail Pervert


PORTLAND, Ore. — Portland police cited a man on suspicion of disorderly conduct after officers received reports Thursday he was inappropriately touching himself on the Springwater Trail near OMSI.

At around 6 p.m., a passer-by called 911 and said the man, later identified as registered sex offender Brian Letiecq, was pleasuring himself on the trail. Officers responded and then cited and released him.

Police said they could not arrest Letiecq on more serious charges because there were no victims in the area to confirm the caller’s claims. Although court records show he’s a registered sex offender, police said suspicion of disorderly conduct was not enough to book him into jail.

It’s called Exhibitionism

Letiecq could not be reached for comment Friday. He is listed in the national sex offender database, but Multnomah County Parole and Probations said he’s not under their supervision. As a result, he’s left to roam free.

“I think he should be put away,” said Steve Mason, who was using the trail Friday. “That’s something that you don’t do in public. If you’re going to do it, you do it behind closed doors.”

Julie Strongston, who also uses the Springwater Trail, said jail likely won’t be the answer anyway. But she does believe Letiecq should be monitored so he can get help if he needs it.

“I’m not saying it’s good what he’s doing, but I think that just arresting him is not going to get him not do it again,” Strongston said. “I think he actually needs to get psychological help.”

They do it again because that’s what they are. Nothing will change them. Not jail, not “therapy”. Stop trying to change them and throw away the key.

Parole and probations officials declined to comment on the specific case. However, they said a common reason registered sex offenders in the county won’t be under their supervision is because they committed their crime so long ago that they have maxed out their supervision.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Lorenzo Jimenez Sr – Repeat Sex Offender – Reoffends after 30 years


Sacramento County Sheriff’s child abuse detectives have arrested a 57-year-old man for allegedly molesting a young family member who stayed with him and his wife during the summer of 2008.

According to a news release, Lorenzo Jimenez Sr. (see photo), who has been a registered sex offender in the county for the past 30 years, was arrested Thursday on felony charges of sexual acts with a child 10 years old or younger and engaging in 3 or more acts of substantial sexual conduct with a child under age 14. He is being held in lieu of a $1 million bail and scheduled for arraignment on Monday.

The victim told her mother in April about the alleged molestation, authorities said. Detectives said they do not believe more children have been molested by Jimenez Sr., but they are interested in finding other estranged family members to interview.

Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Darin Pometta at 916-874-5203 or 916-874-5191.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Gordon Lee Parkin – Pedophile – Get 7 years and lifetime supervision

“Each time an image of a child victim is traded – especially to an individual who has not seen such image in the past – the child victim is victimized all over again”

SEATTLE – A Granite Falls man was sentenced to more than seven years in federal prison and will be required to register as a sex offender for distributing thousands of child porn images online.

Gordon Lee Parkin, 49, received the sentence Friday in U.S. District Court from U.S. District Judge James L. Robart. He also ordered lifetime supervised release for Parkin after he serves his term.

The judge also said he will consider ordering Parkin to pay restitution to one of the known victims in the case.

Parkin pleaded guilty to distributing child porn in January, said Emily Langlie, spokeswoman for the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Seattle.

He was identified by investigators with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement as using a chat program to send more than 8,000 images of child pornography.

When a search warrant was executed at Parkin’s home, agents discovered thousands of images of child pornography on his computer.

Agents also found more than 200 pictures of children in the neighborhood, including close-up shots attempting to photograph the underwear of young girls.

The chat logs on Parkin’s computer revealed that he had exchanged 8,645 still images and 11 movies of child pornography. In some instances he sent more than 750 images at a time to others via the chat program.

Many of the images were of victims identified by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, and one of those victims has requested restitution from any defendant who distributed photos of her.

In asking for prison time and lifetime supervised release, Assistant United States Attorney Aravind Swaminathan described how trading child pornography repeatedly victimizes innocent children.

“Each time an image of a child victim is traded – especially to an individual who has not seen such image in the past – the child victim is victimized all over again,” Swaminathan said.

The case was prosecuted as part of Project Safe Childhood, launched in February 2006 by the U.S. Department of Justice. The initiative is designed to protect children from online exploitation and abuse.

Louis Masino – Repeat Sex Offender – Handcuffs 4 year old


A 60-year-old Megan’s Law registrant who is forbidden from having unsupervised contact with children was found at his Washington Township home with a 4-year-old boy during a home visit by his parole officer, authorities said Friday.

Late Friday, authorities also filed child neglect charges against a 22-year-old Belvedere man who left the boy in the 60-year-old’s care — knowing he was a convicted sex offender.

The little boy, who is not related to defendant Louis Masino but was being cared for by him, told a Morris County Prosecutor’s Office detective that Masino handcuffed him behind his back and he took a nap with him without his clothes on, an arrest affidavit said. The child also stated that he was scared of Masino, the affidavit said.

A state parole officer on Thursday went to Masino’s Mission Road home for a visit because, as a convicted sex offender, Masino is subject to supervision or parole for life. The officer noticed Masino caring for the child with no other adults present, and that both Masino and the boy were dressed only in shorts with no shirts on.

As a condition of his lifetime supervision, Masino — who is employed as a stock clerk for an A&P Supermarket in Mount Arlington — is not allowed to have unsupervised contact with minors under the age of 18.

Washington Township police filed 4th-degree child abuse or neglect charges against Jesse Jay Shores, the child’s 22-year-old guardian, on Friday afternoon after he admitted knowing Masino was a sex offender when he left the boy in his care. Shores is being held in Morris County jail in lieu of $10,000 bail.

Masino, who previously has lived in Succasunna and Netcong, was accused in 1996 of molesting and endangering the welfare of a child, who was a family friend. For this offense, he was placed on probation for five years and ordered to register with police as a convicted sex offender under Megan’s Law in 2000. He failed to register his address with police in Netcong in 2002 and spent 30 days in the county jail, according to court records.

Once his regular probation period ended, his “community supervision” or parole began.

Detectives from the prosecutor’s office and Washington Township police department interviewed Masino on Thursday, and he allegedly admitted to being alone with the boy and having sexual urges toward him. The affidavit said he stated that he was laying down with the child and rubbed his groin against the boy’s buttocks and touched them with his hands.

Masino has been classified as a sex offender at moderate risk of re-offending, and he is among the Megan’s Law registrants posted on-line on the state’s sex offender registry.

Masino is being held in the Morris County jail on $225,000 bail, charged with two counts of sexual assault and one count of endangering the welfare of a child.

“This is just another example of interagency cooperation,” county Prosecutor Robert A. Bianchi said. “I applaud the efforts of the New Jersey Division of Parole Senior Parole Officer Ricardo James for his investigative efforts as part of the community supervision for life program. This case underscores the significant importance of the program. More importantly, I credit the parole officers for identifying the violation and making the call to Morris County law enforcement.”

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte
Published in: on June 13, 2009 at 4:04 pm  Leave a Comment