Desmond Laurence Gannon – Repeat Sex Offender – Pedophile Catholic Priest still supported by Church (Naturally)

“At last I can finally speak out.
Not like the dark old days, people are listening now.”

A JUDGE who jailed an elderly former Victorian priest for sex offences against a boy 41 years ago has damned the repeat pedophile offender for his lack of true remorse.

Judge Frank Gucciardo yesterday told the man his absence of contrition “displays a turpitude of character that borders on the scandalous and is offensive to morality and the law”.

Judge Gucciardo said Desmond Gannon’s explanations for his conduct, when interviewed by police last year, betrayed self-delusion and a “lack of understanding of the impact of your behaviour” on his victim.

He told Gannon, 79, that his demeanour in the interview and in a taped conversation with the victim was disturbing but “consistent with your appearance in court, clearly nonchalant and dismissive”. Gannon, prosecuted for the fifth time for offences between 1958 and 1976, pleaded guilty to five counts of indecent assault on a boy aged 11.

From August to September 1968, when Gannon was a priest in Kilmore, he assaulted the boy in a car, on a bush track, in a church and at a pool. Now 51, the man said in a victim impact statement that after the abuses he had felt “broken, old, clumsy, dirty, ugly, guilty, confused, rejected, worthless and scared”.

Judge Gucciardo said it was his view that “the vindication of a victim’s plight in cases of this kind is central to the function of the criminal justice system”.

A psychiatrist reported that Gannon had a perverse psychosexual structure and had made “some progress” by expressing concern for the victim and the gravity of the offences.

But Judge Gucciardo said such progress was not the same as contrition and remorse “unaccompanied by empathy or compassion for the victims but delivered with indignation at your own fate”.

While Gannon posed little risk to the community, the jail sentence “is a recognition of the significance of the wrong inflicted”. Gannon was jailed for 25 months with a minimum term of 14 months.

In a statement to the court, the victim, who is now in his 50s, said he had gone from being a happy boy who wanted to be a policeman, to a delinquent who spent time in jail.

“Father Gannon has succeed in destroying all my hopes and dreams,” he said.

“At last I can finally speak out. Not like the dark old days, people are listening now.”

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

The court heard that despite these convictions, the Catholic church continued to support Gannon by helping to pay his rent.

Ronald Cervantes – Repeat Sex Offender – Finds new way to obtain victims


WOONSOCKET, R.I. (WPRI)
– One of the two men arrested Tuesday for trying to jump-start a bounty hunter business in Rhode Island, is a level III sex offender with a lengthy rap-sheet.

Ronald Cervantes, 39 of Woonsocket, was charged Tuesday with breaking and entering and assault after police say he and another man forced their way into the apartment of an 18 year-old woman. The woman, Rebecca Ball, had an outstanding warrant out of Cumberland.

According to the Rhode Island Parole Board, Cervantes is a registered level III sex offender, deemed “most likely to re-offend.” Which, according to court documents, is exactly what he did in 2001.

Cervantes was charged with third degree sexual assault in 1991 and then charged again with first degree sexual assault in 2001. The Parole Board says the victims were 14 and 16 year-old girls.

According to Rhode Island General Laws , bounty hunters must be registered as private detectives with their city or town and must notify the chief of police if they are operating in their town. The law also states a person cannot be a private detective if they have been convicted of a felony within the last 10 years.

The law states private detectives are not allowed to forcibly enter a dwelling without a police escort. Investigators say Cervantes and Johnson did just that, then drove Ball to the Cumberland police and dropped her off. After Ball made bail on her outstanding simple assault charge, she turned around and filed a complaint against her apprehenders with the Woonsocket Police Department.

Cervantes and Johnson told authorities they were trying to establish a business called “New England Bounty Hunters.” Target 12 checked with the Rhode Island Secretary of State’s office and discovered that business name is not registered with the state.

The pair told police they purchased badges and bounty hunter cards from a website for $235.

Cervantes and Johnson turned themselves into police June 9th. They were both charged with simple assault and battery and breaking into a dwelling house without consent.

Johnson was released. Cervantes is being held as a probation violator.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Kenneth Longsdorff – Repeat Sex Offender – Pedophile is Facing Civil Confinement

WALLA WALLA, Wash. – A trial is set for next Wednesday in Walla Walla Superior Court to determine whether a prison inmate completing a sentence for child molesting should be committed as a sex predator.

The state attorney general’s office says 58-year-old Kenneth Longsdorff is a pedophile. The Walla Walla Union-Bulletin reports he also has a previous conviction for raping three boys.

The civil commitment trial will determine whether he will be locked up indefinitely for treatment at the Special Commitment Center for sex predators on McNeil Island.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Jason Pate – Repeat Sex Offender – Pedophile


NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The man accused of what police have called one of the biggest child porn operations they’ve ever seen was scheduled to be in court Wednesday, but his court date was canceled.

Jason Pate was scheduled to be arraigned on charges of sexual exploitation of a minor Wednesday, but his case was moved to federal court.

In November 2008, a tipster led police to raid his home where they found several computers filled with so many child pornography pictures that it took them several weeks to go through them all.

Pate is a registered sex offender with a conviction in Michigan back in 1997.

Pate’s new court date is unknown.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte

Darrin E. Sanford – Repeat Sex Offender – Pleads guilty to Murder

A 31-year-old convicted sex offender has pleaded guilty to aggravated first-degree murder in the fatal stabbing of a teenage girl in an overgrown field in the southwest Washington community of Hazel Dell.

Darrin E. Sanford entered his plea Tuesday in Clark County Superior Court after prosecutors agreed not to seek the death penalty. Under Washington state law, the only other punishment for aggravated murder is life in prison with no possibility of release.

Thirteen-year-old Alycia Nipp had apparently taken a shortcut through the field on Feb. 22. According to court documents, Sanford told police he tried to have sex with her. He said he wasn’t able to complete the act and after she laughed at him, he killed her in a rage.

State Department of Corrections records show Sanford as a Level III sex offender – the category considered most likely to re-offend. He was convicted in 1998 in Clark County of luring and communicating with a minor for immoral purposes.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte

Joshua Lawrence – Repeat Sex Offender – Can’t leave kids alone

In January 2007, Boynton Beach police arrested Lawrence after an investigation determined that he molested three children under the age of 12.


A convicted sex offender was arrested Wednesday on Boynton Beach police charges for another child molestation case.

The allegations stem from five years ago and came to light because the victim attempted suicide as a result of the horrid memories.

The victim, 15, pointed to Joshua Lawrence, 23, who befriended the victim in 2004 when he lived near him. Lawrence would use video games to “bribe [the victim] for attention and later on even sex,” Detective Toby Athol wrote in the police report read. The victim was 10 at the time and Lawrence just turned 18, police said.

The victim’s family played games and Lawrence would hide in another room with the boy.

“Lawrence would use this time alone to start molesting,” Athol wrote.

It lasted for six months.

Lawrence was arrested by Boynton Beach police at 12:30 p.m., at a probation office in Pinellas County, where he currently lives, police spokeswoman Stephanie Slater said. Lawrence has been charged with sexual battery on a child under 12 by an offender 18 years of age or older, a capital felony.

In January 2007, Boynton Beach police arrested Lawrence after an investigation determined that he molested three children under the age of 12. He was convicted of lewd, lascivious battery; sex with a victim 12-15 years old in 2008, Slater said.

Lawrence is currently a registered sex offender under state supervision. He will be extradited to Palm Beach County to face the new charges.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte

Stefan Colmer – Pervert extradited from Israel pleads Guilty

Authorities say a New York City man extradited from Israel to the U.S. has pleaded guilty to charges he repeatedly sodomized two teenage boys.

Brooklyn District Attorney Charles J. Hynes said Tuesday that 32-year-old Stefan Colmer faces up to seven years in prison when he is sentenced on June 30.

Hoping to avoid arrest, Colmer, a computer technician and salesman, fled to Israel and changed his name to David Cohen in February, 2007. Colmer was indicted in May, 2007, on charges of sodomizing the teenagers in Brooklyn between January and May, 2006.

Hynes says Colmer is the first person to be extradited from Israel under a revised treaty that went into effect in January, 2007. He says the crimes Colmer committed were not subject to extradition before the treaty was changed.

He pleaded guilty to eight counts, including endangering the welfare of a child. He’s due to be sentenced June 30 and faces up to seven years in jail.

Eduardo Serrano – Repeat Sex Offender – Just paroled 6 months ago!

ELIZABETH, N.J. – A convicted sex offender recently paroled from state prison has been charged with sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl in northern New Jersey.

Union County prosecutors say 41-year-old Eduardo Serrano lured the girl into his Elizabeth apartment last month, promising her a tattoo. But once inside, she was sexually assaulted.

The girl reported the incident to her mother, who notified police, and Serrano was arrested Tuesday. He was charged with sexual assault and was being held Wednesday at the county jail on $250,000 bail. Authorities did not know if he had retained a lawyer.

Serrano served nearly six years in prison on child sexual assault charges before being paroled in January.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Charles Steven Morrison – Repeat Sex Offender – Just got out of prison in October!


CLINTON — Deputies arrested a convicted sex offender on burglary charges Tuesday within minutes of the break-in, authorities said.

Charles Steven Morrison, 25, remains in jail with bond set at $132,500. Anderson County authorities say he broke into a house on Laurel Road just after 9 a.m. where an 18-year-old woman and 14-year-old girl were alone.

Morrison left prison in October after serving a sentence for burglary and sexual battery, according to Anderson County authorities. In those cases, he broke into two homes in Oak Ridge and attacked two women, authorities said.

Today’s burglary on Laurel Road got cut short when the 18-year-old woke up after hearing a noise and confronted Morrison, according to a news release from the Anderson County Sheriff’s Office. He ran outside and drove away, and she called 911, authorities said.

Investigator Josh Cardwell spotted Morrison driving on Laurel near Sulphur Springs Road a few minutes later and recognized him and the car from the woman’s description, according to the release. He pulled the car over, searched it and found items stolen in an earlier car burglary at another home nearby, authorities said.

Morrison faces charges of aggravated burglary, burglary, theft and vandalism. Deputies say that’s on top of outstanding warrants for burglary, theft and vandalism in auto burglaries in Clinton.

More charges could follow, according to the release.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte

Antoine Louis Johnson – MySpace Predator Busted


Gwinnett County police say a 26-year-old man posed as a teenage girl on the Web site MySpace.com to lure a 13-year-old boy for sex.

Antoine Louis Johnson is being held in the Gwinnett County Detention Center without bond. Johnson was arrested Friday and charged with aggravated child molestation and child molestation.

Authorities said the boy told a guardian early last week that he had been molested in June 2008.

The boy said he met a girl on the social networking site who promised sex if he would allow her brother to perform sexual acts on him, according to police.

Johnson picked up the boy near the entrance of his neighborhood and took him to a nearby vacant house for sex, authorities said.

Police learned that Johnson contacted a friend of the boy and sought a meeting, again pretending to be a 16-year-old girl.

Johnson arranged a meeting Friday with the boy and his friend at the intersection of Indian Shoals Road and Biltmore Oaks Drive, police said. Investigators approached Johnson and took him into custody.

Additional charges are pending, police said.

Police are asking any other potential victims to come forward.