Teresa Pearce – Receives 30 years for Enabling Pedophile Husband


A Lawton woman was convicted Tuesday in Stephens County District Court on two charges of enabling child sexual abuse.

Teresa Pearce, 37, will serve 30 years in prison and pay a $1,000 fine for each sentence.

Pearce pleaded guilty to the charges on April 13. On Tuesday, the matter was heard before District Judge Joe Enos for sentencing.

When Pearce pleaded guilty, she said that she knew her husband, Kevin Pearce, was having sex with minors, Assistant District Attorney Josh Creekmore said.

Pearce’s husband remains in custody on a $100,000 bond. His next day in court is scheduled for July 7.

“It doesn’t matter whether he is or is not convicted,” Creekmore said about Pearce being convicted before her husband. “When she pleaded guilty, she said she knew the two girls were pregnant.”

Pearce and her husband were arrested in May of 2008 after law enforcement became aware of the situation and investigated it.

Creekmore said that the Department of Human Services (DHS) was involved in a child welfare investigation for one of the minors and turned the investigation over to law enforcement as more information was discovered.

According to the affidavit prepared by then-Stephens County Deputy Rodney Richards, DHS was trying to find out who the fathers of the babies were when law enforcement took over.

According to the affidavit, one of the girls alleged Pearce had impregnated her.

According to the affidavit, Pearce said she knew other adult men had been having sex with the two girls over the course of several years and had never reported the matter to law enforcement or anyone else.

Walter Earl Taylor – Repeat Sex Offender – Baby Raper busted by DNA


BOYNTON BEACH – A sex offender who served almost 14 years for raping a child was arrested this morning, accused of raping another child more than 25 years ago, police said.

Authorities in Lake City arrested Walter Earl Taylor about 8 a.m. after DNA tests confirmed that he sexually battered his 3-year-old Boynton Beach neighbor on Sept. 28, 1983, police said.

Boynton Beach police will extradite him to Palm Beach County, where he will be charged with sexual battery on a minor. Taylor, 39, who now lives in Lake City, was 14 at the time of the rape. The 3-year-old could not describe the attack to police, and while investigators collected evidence, they had no suspects.

Twenty-five years went by until crime scene technician Rob Eichorst ran across the unsolved case while pouring through the agency’s cold cases. Last January, he examined the child’s clothing under a forensic light, technology the department did not have in 1983, police said.

Eichorst was attending a crime scene technician school in Quantico, Va., and was not immediately available.

However, Detective Astrel Labbe wrote in his arrest report: “Stains were located on the front of the child’s shirt and … pants. The stains tested positive for the presence of semen.”

Investigators asked the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office DNA lab to analyze the semen. However, because of a backlog in cases, the evidence was not sent for analysis until March.

Last week, Sheriff’s Office lab officials told Boynton Beach authorities they got a hit matching the semen found on the clothing.

“The match was to … Walter Earl Taylor,” Labbe wrote. “My investigation revealed that [Taylor] was living next to the victim at the time of the crime.”

Taylor is a registered sex offender, police said.

In July 1987, a judge sentenced him to 30 years for the March 15, 1986, rape of a child in Palm Beach County, according to the Florida Department of Corrections website. He was released from the Columbia Correctional Facility in March 2001 after serving 13 years and 8 months, DOC records show.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte

Ian and Julia Rodenberg – Charged with child endangerment after renting room to sex offender

Authorities have filed a child endangerment charge against a northeast Iowa couple accused of letting a register sex offender live in their home with their three children.

The Fayette County sheriff’s office says Ian and Julia Rodenberg, of Arlington, rented a room to a person on the state’s sex offender registry. They were arrested after a theft investigation at a convenience store in Maynard last week.

Authorities say Julia Rodenberg was charged with theft in that case. During the investigation, officials discovered the couple had rented a room to the sex offender.

The couple’s children, ages 4 to 10, were turned over the Iowa Department of Human Services.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte
Published in: on June 4, 2009 at 7:34 pm  Leave a Comment  

Paedophile Raymond Hewlett has issued a brazen demand

Paedophile Raymond Hewlett has issued a brazen demand to be paid thousands of pounds to answer questions about the night Madeleine McCann went missing.

The child molester refused to speak to detectives hired by Kate and Gerry McCann unless they gave him a vast slice of the Madeleine Fund.

Hewlett, 62, who has a lifelong history of sexually abusing little girls, was in the Algarve when the three-year-old was snatched from her bed.

He is now in hospital in Germany recovering from throat cancer surgery, and has so far rebuffed efforts by the McCanns’ investigators to interview him.

A source close to the McCanns told the Mail: ‘He is actually demanding a fee to answer questions that could help the inquiry. It is truly reprehensible. There is no way anyone is going to pay him.’

Convicted paedophile Hewlett is also wanted for questioning by West Yorkshire police over an unsolved indecent assault on an eight-year-old in 1975.

Hewlett will have little choice over speaking to the police, but the McCanns’ private investigators have no powers to compel him to answer their questions.

The McCanns’ spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: ‘We still need to speak to Mr Hewlett who remains a person of interest to the inquiry. We are confident that we will be able to speak to him in the near future, and we hope that he and his legal representative will see the sense in clearing his name.’

But as of this afternoon, Hewlett was still remaining firm on his repulsive demand. He has strenuously denied having anything to do with Madeleine’s disappearance.

A friend of the McCanns said: ‘It has been made abundantly clear to Hewlett that he is not going to get a penny from the Madeleine Fund. It would be like asking the victims to pay.

‘He is saying he wants money to look after his kids if he dies, but no one is going to touch him with a bargepole. He should be more worried about being eliminated from the inquiry. If he truly has nothing to hide, he should be happy to come out and say it. He ought to be grateful that the detectives are willing to speak to him with a view to crossing him off their list of possible suspects.’

Two ex-policemen, former detective inspector Dave Edgar and former detective sergeant Arthur Cowley, are now in charge of the Madeleine hunt. They were hired by the McCanns after Spanish agency Metodo 3 failed to find any trace of their daughter.

Last week, the British detectives flew to Aachen in Germany to try to speak to Hewlett in hospital, but he rebuffed them.

Although he later changed his mind, they had already returned home empty-handed by then.

Former soldier Hewlett’s German wife Marianna Schmuker initially agreed to help the investigators, but she has now enlisted a local lawyer on his behalf to ‘negotiate’ a fee for access.

Hewlett is one of 38 paedophiles known to have been – or still be – in the Algarve when Madeleine vanished from her holiday apartment in Praia da Luz on May 3, 2007.

The McCanns’ detectives are building profiles on each of them and are understood to regard four or five of them as being particularly significant.

They are also examining possible links with seven other sex attacks on tourist children in which a paedophile has broken into a holiday apartment on the Algarve, over the past four years. Two of these attacks happened since Madeleine went missing. The investigators are convinced the answer to the Madeleine riddle lies close to where she disappeared.

Hewlett was an hour’s drive up the coast in May 2007, living on a campsite with his wife and six children in a blue Dodge truck, which detectives would still like to trace. He later moved the family to a camp ground in Morocco.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte
Published in: on June 4, 2009 at 7:03 pm  Leave a Comment  

Tom Haney Vance II – Repeat Sex Offender – Can’t keep his hands to himself


A once-convicted sex offender is now going back to prison after admitting that he sexually abused a pair of young girls. Another 15 years of jail time awaits 35-year-old Tom Haney Vance, II.

In handing down the sentence Wednesday afternoon, a Waynesboro judge called Vance an “absolute danger to society.”

Vance was accused of molesting a pair of 10-year-old year girl at a house on Arch Avenue last fall. He reportedly told police he couldn’t help himself. Vance, already a convicted sex offender, pleaded guilty to two counts of aggravated sexual battery.

Wednesday he was sentenced to just under 14 years in prison for those convictions. Waynesboro Judge Humes Franklin added another year and a half for Vance violating his probation.

Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney Tom Weidner stated, “The judge is really hard on sex offenders. And, he expressed his opinion today that he felt that this guy was a danger to society and had no place among civilized people.”

Vance’s previous convictions date back to 1995, forcible sodomy in Tazewell county. He’s also been found guilty three times for failing to register as a sex offender.

Waynesboro Judge Humes Franklin told Vance he’ll make sure his court file includes a note urging that the maximum jail time be handed down if Vance is ever convicted again.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte

Brett Bartlet – Repeat Sex Offender – Busted for child porn


A registered sex offender was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of possessing child pornography, Livermore police said today.

Brett Bartlett, 30, had gone to the Livermore police station for his annual sex offender registration.

He was convicted in 2005 for having oral sex with a person under 16 years old, an offense that requires him to register as a sex offender. Bartlett is also currently on parole for having oral and sexual intercourse with a person under 16 years old, police said.

While Bartlett was in the police station, detectives conducted a parole search on this vehicle, police said.

Inside the vehicle, detectives found a computer that allegedly contained numerous images of child pornography, police said.

Investigators are still attempting to identify the victims from the pornographic images.

Police are asking that anyone who has any information about crime involving Bartlett to contact Livermore police Lt. Matthew Sarsfield at (925) 371-4730.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte

Andrew "Andre" Harrison Washington – Repeat Sex Offender – Dangerous Predator


A former Schwenksville man with a violent criminal history has been convicted of sexually assaulting two Schwenksville girls between 1989 and 1994.

Andrew “Andre” Harrison Washington, 56, most recently of Philadelphia, was convicted Wednesday in Montgomery County Court of charges of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse and aggravated indecent assault in connection with incidents involving two girls who were under the age of 13.

Judge Paul W. Tressler reached the verdict after a non-jury trial. Tressler deferred sentencing so that court officials can complete a background investigative report about Washington. The judge will use that report to assist him in sentencing Washington later this year.

Washington faces a possible maximum sentence of 30 to 60 years in prison on the charges.

Assistant District Attorney Juliet Faulkner vowed to seek a lengthy state prison sentence against Washington.

“I think he’s an extremely violent predator,” said Faulkner.

Washington, formerly of Main Street in Schwenksville, has a previous conviction for child sexual abuse in Philadelphia for which he is currently serving a prison sentence, according to authorities. State officials previously classified Washington to be a sexually violent predator under Megan’s Law, according to the state’s Megan’s Law web site.

The two Schwenksville victims, who are now in their 20s, came forward with the allegations in 2004 and 2005 after learning about Washington’s arrest in Philadelphia.

“At the time they were being abused they feared reporting it because the defendant was threatening them,” Faulkner alleged. “They felt they had no choice but to do what he told them to do.”

When they finally did come forward, the victims reported numerous sexual assaults at the hands of Washington at times when they were in his company. Washington was a friend of the girls’ families, court documents indicate.

The assaults, which occurred at locations in Schwenksville, involved various sexual contact and inappropriate touching, according to court papers.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte

Branton Rolf Pearson – Repeat Sex Offender – Third time he’s caught

A Framingham man twice convicted of sexual assaults on children was ordered held without bail yesterday after he was charged with grabbing a woman’s breasts last week.

Branton Rolf Pearson, 53, was arrested yesterday at 8:14 a.m. after the victim reported the assault, which happened last Thursday, police said.

Pearson is a Level 3 sex offender, according to the Massachusetts Sex Offender’s Registry Board. He was twice convicted of indecent assault and battery on a person under 14, once in 1984 and then again in 1990.

Level 3 sex offenders are considered the most dangerous and most likely to re-offend.

Prosecutor Coli McMahon said at Pearson’s Framingham District Court arraignment that Pearson and the victim were familiar with each other.

The victim, who was not identified, recently had found out Pearson was a sex offender and became worried about being around him, McMahon said.

“She felt somewhat uncomfortable around him and he has been physically aggressive,” he said. “(Pearson) would show up at places she would be.”

Last Thursday, the woman pulled up at a Waverley Street building where she had a job interview when, seconds later, Pearson pulled up in his truck. She thought it was a coincidence and she started talking to him.

“He then grabbed both of her breasts,” said McMahon. “She backed away and gave him a dirty look.”

Pearson drove off, but the woman continued to see him throughout the weekend. At one point, she walked downtown he drove by and screamed an insult at her.

“She said everytime she sees him that, ‘her heart hits the floor,”‘ McMahon said.

Pearson, of 666 Waverley St., was charged with indecent assault and battery on a person over 14.

McMahon asked Judge Paul Healy Jr. to hold Pearson without bail pending a dangerousness hearing.

The prosecutor said, “This is clearly an individual who is a danger to society.”

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte

Charles Paul – Repeat Sex Offender – Sexual Assaults

Only weeks after someone urged Charles Paul to “get out of our town” through very public graffiti messages, the local sex offender was arrested again Wednesday on a new sexual assault charge and for possessing drugs police say he intended to sell.

Charles Paul, 43, of 21 Brewster St., Apt. 22B in Portsmouth is being held without bail after he allegedly fled from police on a bicycle and was discovered hiding in a park where he had buried several bags of marijuana.

Paul, who served a 22-year prison sentence for the rape and beating of a 16-year-old North Hampton girl, is slated to be arraigned this morning in Portsmouth District Court on eight new charges.

Detective Lt. Corey MacDonald said an alleged incident at his apartment on May 27 with an adult victim has Paul facing new felony charges of criminal restraint and attempt to commit second-degree assault along with misdemeanor charges of sexual assault, simple assault and criminal threatening.

Police did not release details about that incident, but characterized it as an “attack.”

MacDonald said police were granted an arrest warrant for Paul on the above charges and had also been investigating Paul for alleged drug dealing when a chase ensued on Wednesday in the Islington Street area.

MacDonald said police obtained a warrant to search Paul’s Brewster Street apartment on the alleged drug dealing allegations and traveled there at approximately 2:15 p.m.

The lieutenant said Paul was determined not to be home at the time of the search, but was later located in the area.

MacDonald said police approached him, but he fled on a bicycle.

Dispatch calls at 3 p.m. had several officers searching the area for Paul, but he was in custody about eight minutes later.

MacDonald said he was located in the Rock Street Park where police say he had buried 10-12 small bags of marijuana.

“We found him laying behind trees on the ground,” MacDonald said.

Police say they subsequently found drugs in his apartment, with Wednesday’s arrest producing a felony charge of possession of a controlled drug with intent to sell and misdemeanor charges of possession of a controlled drug and resisting arrest.

MacDonald said Paul was out on bail and awaiting sentencing on a recent conviction for being a felon in possession of dangerous weapon (a knife) when he was arrested on the new charges.

The lieutenant said it is also believed Paul has suspended jail time from his previous rape case that could be implemented as a result of the new charges.

Paul is a registered sex offender who is known to police.

He was convicted of two counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault in Rockingham County Superior Court in February 1987 for sexually assaulting a 16-year-old North Hampton girl who police said he severely beat, raped and left for dead.

Paul had numerous run-ins with local law enforcement in 2008.

Having been released from prison in April of 2008 after nearly 22 years, Paul was arrested on Aug. 22, 2008, and charged with two felony counts of “prohibition from child care services of person convicted of certain offenses,” with those charges alleging he was in a caretaking role with two minor children at a Portsmouth residence on Aug. 15.

He was arrested on Oct. 25 and charged with a felony count of failing to provide police with written notification of a change in his employment as required by sex offender registration laws.

On May 15 police began taking reports that someone had been using black spray paint to write messages directed at Paul on several businesses on Islington Street.

Graffiti found on the walls of Olde Port Traders, Robbins Auto Parts, Klines Furniture Gallery and Celebrity Sandwich included a message saying: “CHARLY PAUL RAPES CHILDREN 20 YEARS GET OUT OF OUR TOWN.”

MacDonald said the graffiti has no tie with the charges stemming from the alleged May 27 attack, but noted they occurred while Paul was the subject of a police investigation for his alleged drug activity.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte