Corey Deen Saunders – Repeat Sex Offender – GUIlTY – Raped 6 year old boy in Library

Convicted sex offender Corey Deen Saunders pleaded guilty Monday to raping a 6-year-old boy in the second-floor magazine room of the New Bedford Public Library a year ago.

Mr. Saunders, 27, entered a guilty plea to multiple charges including rape of a child, indecent assault and battery and enticing a child, according to a press release from Bristol County District Attorney Sam Sutter’s office.

During Monday’s plea hearing, Mr. Sutter asked that Mr. Saunders be sentenced to life in prison, citing the victim’s age and the fact that Mr. Saunders had pleaded guilty in an earlier case to the attempted rape of a 7-year-old boy.

Alan Zwirblis, Mr. Saunders’ attorney, countered with an argument for a shorter sentence that would include probation, according to the release.

Superior Court Judge Robert T. Kane requested both sides submit motions supporting their respective sentencing recommendations by Feb. 17, but the judge has not yet set a sentencing date.

“Other than being able to turn back the hands of time, it’s probably the best case scenario that we could have hoped for at this juncture,” said Lt. Jeffrey P. Silva, New Bedford Police Department spokesman. “We’re anxiously anticipating the sentencing.”

Mr. Saunders was arrested on Jan. 30, 2008, after he lured the boy to a secluded corner of the magazine room, fondled the boy and performed oral sex on him, police said. The boy’s mother was in another section of the library working on a computer, unaware that her son was being attacked.

At the time of his arrest, Mr. Saunders was on probation for the 2000 criminal case in which he pleaded guilty to molesting a 7-year-old boy in Attleboro.

He had been released from a Bridgewater treatment facility in December 2006 after Judge Richard T. Moses ruled the commonwealth failed to meet the burden of proof necessary to have Mr. Saunders committed as a sexually dangerous person.

During the sexually dangerous person hearing, three expert psychological witnesses — two who testified for the commonwealth and the third appointed by the court — said Mr. Saunders was sexually dangerous. Two expert witnesses testified for the defense that he was not.

After Mr. Saunders’ arrest in January 2008, he was held without bail after being found dangerous by Judge Kane.

District Attorney Sutter then moved for a probation violation hearing, arguing that Mr. Saunders’ actions the day of his arrest violated the terms of his probation from the 2000 case.

In April 2008, Judge Kane found Mr. Saunders had violated his probation, which prohibited him from having unsupervised contact with minors, and sentenced him to five years in state prison.

City-wide outrage in the wake of the 2008 incident prompted Mayor Scott Lang and the City Council to adopt a “child safety zone” ordinance, which bans individuals convicted of juvenile sex crimes from being in public places where children are present.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte

Corey Deen Saunders – Repeat Sex Offender – GUIlTY – Raped 6 year old boy in Library

Convicted sex offender Corey Deen Saunders pleaded guilty Monday to raping a 6-year-old boy in the second-floor magazine room of the New Bedford Public Library a year ago.

Mr. Saunders, 27, entered a guilty plea to multiple charges including rape of a child, indecent assault and battery and enticing a child, according to a press release from Bristol County District Attorney Sam Sutter’s office.

During Monday’s plea hearing, Mr. Sutter asked that Mr. Saunders be sentenced to life in prison, citing the victim’s age and the fact that Mr. Saunders had pleaded guilty in an earlier case to the attempted rape of a 7-year-old boy.

Alan Zwirblis, Mr. Saunders’ attorney, countered with an argument for a shorter sentence that would include probation, according to the release.

Superior Court Judge Robert T. Kane requested both sides submit motions supporting their respective sentencing recommendations by Feb. 17, but the judge has not yet set a sentencing date.

“Other than being able to turn back the hands of time, it’s probably the best case scenario that we could have hoped for at this juncture,” said Lt. Jeffrey P. Silva, New Bedford Police Department spokesman. “We’re anxiously anticipating the sentencing.”

Mr. Saunders was arrested on Jan. 30, 2008, after he lured the boy to a secluded corner of the magazine room, fondled the boy and performed oral sex on him, police said. The boy’s mother was in another section of the library working on a computer, unaware that her son was being attacked.

At the time of his arrest, Mr. Saunders was on probation for the 2000 criminal case in which he pleaded guilty to molesting a 7-year-old boy in Attleboro.

He had been released from a Bridgewater treatment facility in December 2006 after Judge Richard T. Moses ruled the commonwealth failed to meet the burden of proof necessary to have Mr. Saunders committed as a sexually dangerous person.

During the sexually dangerous person hearing, three expert psychological witnesses — two who testified for the commonwealth and the third appointed by the court — said Mr. Saunders was sexually dangerous. Two expert witnesses testified for the defense that he was not.

After Mr. Saunders’ arrest in January 2008, he was held without bail after being found dangerous by Judge Kane.

District Attorney Sutter then moved for a probation violation hearing, arguing that Mr. Saunders’ actions the day of his arrest violated the terms of his probation from the 2000 case.

In April 2008, Judge Kane found Mr. Saunders had violated his probation, which prohibited him from having unsupervised contact with minors, and sentenced him to five years in state prison.

City-wide outrage in the wake of the 2008 incident prompted Mayor Scott Lang and the City Council to adopt a “child safety zone” ordinance, which bans individuals convicted of juvenile sex crimes from being in public places where children are present.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte

Nobody wants notorious boy raping pedophile Patrick Distaffen

Distaffen, who is from Greece, is believed to have molested more than 30 boys during the mid 1990’s. The notorious pedophile has been in prison for the past 13 years.


The release of convicted sexual predator Patrick Distaffen is on hold. He was to have been set free from prison today.

Distaffen, who is from Greece, is believed to have molested more than 30 boys during the mid 1990’s. The notorious pedophile has been in prison for the past 13 years.

He was scheduled for conditional release Tuesday. But we have learned that his release was blocked because the residential address he submitted to parole was not approved.

We caught up with Distaffen in December when he appeared in front of a judge for a hearing on his sex offender classification. He told us then that he planned to work for the family business. He apparently planned on living with his parents in Greece. But sources in law enforcement tell us Distaffen’s family rejected the idea, feeling it would create too much stress. So Distafffen will remain in prison until he can submit a suitable address.

When he was arrested, police said Distaffen’s victims totaled more than 30. His case gained national exposure when he disappeared just prior to his sentencing, setting off a manhunt that lasted nearly four months until his capture.

Distaffen said he is not the same person who went away to prison.

“I feel bad. I’m terribly sorry for the pain I put people through. And I just want people to know I wish they would forgive me and God is healing me,” Distaffen said.

When reached by phone today, Distaffen’s mother declined comment on the situation.

Distaffen, who is now 53 years old, has been designated a level three, or high risk, sex offender, which requires a lifetime listing on the state’s sex offender registry. He’ll also be under the supervision of parole for the next six years.

Nobody wants notorious boy raping pedophile Patrick Distaffen

Distaffen, who is from Greece, is believed to have molested more than 30 boys during the mid 1990’s. The notorious pedophile has been in prison for the past 13 years.


The release of convicted sexual predator Patrick Distaffen is on hold. He was to have been set free from prison today.

Distaffen, who is from Greece, is believed to have molested more than 30 boys during the mid 1990’s. The notorious pedophile has been in prison for the past 13 years.

He was scheduled for conditional release Tuesday. But we have learned that his release was blocked because the residential address he submitted to parole was not approved.

We caught up with Distaffen in December when he appeared in front of a judge for a hearing on his sex offender classification. He told us then that he planned to work for the family business. He apparently planned on living with his parents in Greece. But sources in law enforcement tell us Distaffen’s family rejected the idea, feeling it would create too much stress. So Distafffen will remain in prison until he can submit a suitable address.

When he was arrested, police said Distaffen’s victims totaled more than 30. His case gained national exposure when he disappeared just prior to his sentencing, setting off a manhunt that lasted nearly four months until his capture.

Distaffen said he is not the same person who went away to prison.

“I feel bad. I’m terribly sorry for the pain I put people through. And I just want people to know I wish they would forgive me and God is healing me,” Distaffen said.

When reached by phone today, Distaffen’s mother declined comment on the situation.

Distaffen, who is now 53 years old, has been designated a level three, or high risk, sex offender, which requires a lifetime listing on the state’s sex offender registry. He’ll also be under the supervision of parole for the next six years.

Alex Thomas Brown – Repeat Sex Offender – Repeat Rapist

A 22-year-old registered sex offender is being held in the Ada County Jail on a rape charge after being accused of sexually assaulting an 18-year-old girl last weekend.

Alex Thomas Brown, who is listed on the Idaho Sex Offender registry after being convicted in 2007 in Ada County of a charge of sexual abuse of a minor under the age of 16, was arrested on the rape charge Saturday, according to Meridian Police reports.

A third party called Meridian police Saturday morning to report that a man, later identified as Brown, raped an 18-year-old girl at a residence in the Cherry Lane/Crestmont Drive neighborhood Friday night.

Meridian police officials said Monday that Brown met the girl about a week before but did disclose any theories about why they were together Friday night.

Police arrested Brown Saturday afternoon after talking to the victim, Sgt. Mark Taylor said. Brown was also charged with violating probation.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte

Published in: on February 3, 2009 at 5:10 am  Leave a Comment  

Alex Thomas Brown – Repeat Sex Offender – Repeat Rapist

A 22-year-old registered sex offender is being held in the Ada County Jail on a rape charge after being accused of sexually assaulting an 18-year-old girl last weekend.

Alex Thomas Brown, who is listed on the Idaho Sex Offender registry after being convicted in 2007 in Ada County of a charge of sexual abuse of a minor under the age of 16, was arrested on the rape charge Saturday, according to Meridian Police reports.

A third party called Meridian police Saturday morning to report that a man, later identified as Brown, raped an 18-year-old girl at a residence in the Cherry Lane/Crestmont Drive neighborhood Friday night.

Meridian police officials said Monday that Brown met the girl about a week before but did disclose any theories about why they were together Friday night.

Police arrested Brown Saturday afternoon after talking to the victim, Sgt. Mark Taylor said. Brown was also charged with violating probation.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”

………Sarah Tofte

Published in: on February 3, 2009 at 5:10 am  Leave a Comment