Guadalupe Gutierrez-Juarez – "impulsive, manipulative opportunist"

“This is a life sentence you’ve imposed on a little girl,” said Moss. “You’ve robbed her of her childhood … and I think the sentence is appropriate.”


The man accused of raping and impregnating a 10-year-old girl was sentenced Tuesday, in a case that Judge Brent Moss called “one of the most disturbing of my career.”

Guadalupe Gutierrez-Juarez, 38, was sentenced to a minimum of five years to life at the Idaho State Penitentiary. Gutierrez-Juarez had previously pleaded guilty to two charges of rape at a hearing on Oct. 14.

The majority of Tuesday’s sentencing focused on the results of Gutierrez-Juarez’s psycho-sexual evaluation. While not classified as a “sexual predator,” the evaluation does show Gutierrez-Juarez to be an “impulsive, manipulative opportunist.” The evaluation also indicates that this may not have been Gutierrez-Juarez’s first sexual offense.

“He has no concept of the long-term impact of his behavior,” said Penelope North-Shaul, one of the Fremont County prosecutors. “According to the psycho-sexual evaluation, Mr. Gutierrez-Juarez shows no remorse … He belongs in prison.”


Guadalupe Gutierrez-Juarez told the judge that he was “very remorseful.”

“I swear I will never do this again,” said Gutierrez-Juarez.

Defense Attorney Paul Butikofer said that while Gutierrez-Juanez does warrant legal punishment, he has already been severely punished.

“Mr. Gutierrez-Juarez has already spent the last seven months in jail,” Butikofer said. “He will be subject to deportation. He has lost his job, his girlfriend and his children.”

But despite this defense, Judge Brent Moss delivered his verdict without hesitation.

“This is a life sentence you’ve imposed on a little girl,” said Moss. “You’ve robbed her of her childhood … and I think the sentence is appropriate.”

Gutierrez-Juarez was initially arrested on April 28 and charged with rape after St. Anthony police were contacted by medical authorities and notified that the 10-year-old daughter of Isabel Chasarez was pregnant. Gutierrez-Juarez and Chasarez had been living together in St. Anthony.

Chasarez has already been sentenced to one to 10 years in prison for failing to provide prenatal care for her 10-year-old daughter.

Both the 10-year-old victim and her baby have been taken into protective custody by the Idaho Health and Welfare Department.

Guadalupe Gutierrez-Juarez has 42 days to file a court appeal.

Published in: on November 26, 2008 at 7:26 pm  Leave a Comment  

Guadalupe Gutierrez-Juarez – "impulsive, manipulative opportunist"

“This is a life sentence you’ve imposed on a little girl,” said Moss. “You’ve robbed her of her childhood … and I think the sentence is appropriate.”


The man accused of raping and impregnating a 10-year-old girl was sentenced Tuesday, in a case that Judge Brent Moss called “one of the most disturbing of my career.”

Guadalupe Gutierrez-Juarez, 38, was sentenced to a minimum of five years to life at the Idaho State Penitentiary. Gutierrez-Juarez had previously pleaded guilty to two charges of rape at a hearing on Oct. 14.

The majority of Tuesday’s sentencing focused on the results of Gutierrez-Juarez’s psycho-sexual evaluation. While not classified as a “sexual predator,” the evaluation does show Gutierrez-Juarez to be an “impulsive, manipulative opportunist.” The evaluation also indicates that this may not have been Gutierrez-Juarez’s first sexual offense.

“He has no concept of the long-term impact of his behavior,” said Penelope North-Shaul, one of the Fremont County prosecutors. “According to the psycho-sexual evaluation, Mr. Gutierrez-Juarez shows no remorse … He belongs in prison.”


Guadalupe Gutierrez-Juarez told the judge that he was “very remorseful.”

“I swear I will never do this again,” said Gutierrez-Juarez.

Defense Attorney Paul Butikofer said that while Gutierrez-Juanez does warrant legal punishment, he has already been severely punished.

“Mr. Gutierrez-Juarez has already spent the last seven months in jail,” Butikofer said. “He will be subject to deportation. He has lost his job, his girlfriend and his children.”

But despite this defense, Judge Brent Moss delivered his verdict without hesitation.

“This is a life sentence you’ve imposed on a little girl,” said Moss. “You’ve robbed her of her childhood … and I think the sentence is appropriate.”

Gutierrez-Juarez was initially arrested on April 28 and charged with rape after St. Anthony police were contacted by medical authorities and notified that the 10-year-old daughter of Isabel Chasarez was pregnant. Gutierrez-Juarez and Chasarez had been living together in St. Anthony.

Chasarez has already been sentenced to one to 10 years in prison for failing to provide prenatal care for her 10-year-old daughter.

Both the 10-year-old victim and her baby have been taken into protective custody by the Idaho Health and Welfare Department.

Guadalupe Gutierrez-Juarez has 42 days to file a court appeal.

Published in: on November 26, 2008 at 7:26 pm  Leave a Comment  

Joshua M. Borden – Whining Pedophile

“The nature of this crime is depraved and disturbing,” Judge Michael P. Barnes writes in the opinion. “Borden repeatedly molested (the girl). … The long-term implications of this sexual abuse on the victim cannot be predicted. Borden’s statement of remorse simply does not and cannot make up for the harm he inflicted on this young child.”

The Indiana Court of Appeals denied on Wednesday a convicted child molester’s appeal, after he claimed the sentence he received was too long based on his criminal history and expression of remorse.

Madison Superior Court 3 Judge Thomas Newman sentenced Joshua M. Borden, a former Madison County Community Corrections guard, to eight years in prison in April after he pleaded guilty to three counts of child molesting involving a 7-year-old girl.

Each charge was a Class C felony punishable by two to eight years. The eight-year sentence was the maximum allowed in a plea agreement with prosecutors.

Border, 33, argued Newman should have given him a shorter sentence because he didn’t have any criminal history and expressed remorse. However, in an unanimous opinion of the three-judge Appeals Court panel, the argument was rejected.

“The nature of this crime is depraved and disturbing,” Judge Michael P. Barnes writes in the opinion. “Borden repeatedly molested (the girl). … The long-term implications of this sexual abuse on the victim cannot be predicted. Borden’s statement of remorse simply does not and cannot make up for the harm he inflicted on this young child.”

According to a probable cause affidavit filed with the charges:
Police began their investigation after child protective services officials were contacted because the girl was discovered inappropriately touching herself while at school. The girl told investigators Borden had fondled her at least once in the past and that Borden sometimes asked her to touch him.

During questioning, Borden told detectives the girl “turned him on,” according to the affidavit. He admitted the girl touched him in a sexual way once, and that he fantasized about the 7-year-old.

Community Corrections officials previously said Borden was fired not long after the allegations surfaced on Oct. 19. He had been hired on Oct. 1 and had earned $8 per hour. He had passed a background check and did not have a criminal record.

Borden is serving his term at the medium-security Plainfield Correctional Facility. With good behavior, his earliest possible release date is October 2011, according to the Indiana Department of Correction.

Published in: on November 26, 2008 at 8:31 am  Leave a Comment  

Jason R. Putney – Repeat Sex Offender – Before he even made it to trial!!!


A 27-year-old man has been sentenced to 17 years in prison for the receipt and distribution of child pornography.

Jason R. Putney will begin a term of supervised release for the remainder of his life when he leaves jail.

During his pretrial release over the summer, Putney was arrested and accused of sexually assaulting two girls at an Omaha Wal-Mart and Super Target.

Police said Putney groped and fondled a 10-year-old and a 12-year-old girl.

The alleged assaults took place at a Wal-Mart on 132nd and L streets and a SuperTarget near 180th Street and West Center Road.

On April 8, Nebraska State Patrol investigators executed a search warrant on Putney’s apartment. They found 70 images and 90 videos of child pornography on his computer, according to the Nebraska State Patrol.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Jason R. Putney – Repeat Sex Offender – Before he even made it to trial!!!


A 27-year-old man has been sentenced to 17 years in prison for the receipt and distribution of child pornography.

Jason R. Putney will begin a term of supervised release for the remainder of his life when he leaves jail.

During his pretrial release over the summer, Putney was arrested and accused of sexually assaulting two girls at an Omaha Wal-Mart and Super Target.

Police said Putney groped and fondled a 10-year-old and a 12-year-old girl.

The alleged assaults took place at a Wal-Mart on 132nd and L streets and a SuperTarget near 180th Street and West Center Road.

On April 8, Nebraska State Patrol investigators executed a search warrant on Putney’s apartment. They found 70 images and 90 videos of child pornography on his computer, according to the Nebraska State Patrol.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Michael G. Ward – Repeat Sex Offender


Authorities are requesting that parents ask their children if they might have been victims of a sex offender netted by a multi-agency child pornography task force today.

Las Vegas police Lt. Troy Barrett said they want to make sure there are no other victims of 42-year-old Michael G. Ward, who was arrested on three counts of statutory sexual seduction, one count of use of a minor in the production of pornography and 20 counts of possession of child pornography.

“Parents, if you know this person, talk to your children,” Barrett said.

Court records show Ward in 1998 pleaded guilty to assault and battery and lewdness with a child under 14 years of age. He was sentenced to a minimum of two years in prison.

Barrett said there were a “few” victims involved in Ward’s latest arrest.

He wouldn’t go into detail about those cases, or identify the neighborhoods where Ward or the alleged victims live. Nor did he provide the names of schools the alleged victims might attend.

But he said police didn’t believe Ward distributed the photos and home videos he took.

Ward was one of nine suspects nabbed in the last few days by a task force made up of officers from the Metropolitan and Henderson police departments and the FBI.

Police said there were no victims in the other cases.

The other suspects are:

—Elbert Bernard, 59, was arrested on five counts of possession of child pornography.

—Daniel Combes, 46, was arrested on 15 counts of possession of child pornography.

—Anthony Flores, 32, was arrested on 20 counts of possession of child pornography.

—Hector A. Gonzalez, no age provided, was arrested on 10 counts of possession of child pornography after his employer noticed the information on his work computer, Barrett said.

—Thomas K. Krattenmaker, 22, was arrested on six counts of advertising or distributing child pornography and 20 counts of possession of child pornography.

—Paul Smith, 51, was arrested on 20 counts of possession of child pornography.

—Juan Vega, 37, was arrested on 20 counts of possession of child pornography.

—Terry K. Ziegler, 56, was arrested on 15 counts of possession of child pornography.

Michael G. Ward – Repeat Sex Offender


Authorities are requesting that parents ask their children if they might have been victims of a sex offender netted by a multi-agency child pornography task force today.

Las Vegas police Lt. Troy Barrett said they want to make sure there are no other victims of 42-year-old Michael G. Ward, who was arrested on three counts of statutory sexual seduction, one count of use of a minor in the production of pornography and 20 counts of possession of child pornography.

“Parents, if you know this person, talk to your children,” Barrett said.

Court records show Ward in 1998 pleaded guilty to assault and battery and lewdness with a child under 14 years of age. He was sentenced to a minimum of two years in prison.

Barrett said there were a “few” victims involved in Ward’s latest arrest.

He wouldn’t go into detail about those cases, or identify the neighborhoods where Ward or the alleged victims live. Nor did he provide the names of schools the alleged victims might attend.

But he said police didn’t believe Ward distributed the photos and home videos he took.

Ward was one of nine suspects nabbed in the last few days by a task force made up of officers from the Metropolitan and Henderson police departments and the FBI.

Police said there were no victims in the other cases.

The other suspects are:

—Elbert Bernard, 59, was arrested on five counts of possession of child pornography.

—Daniel Combes, 46, was arrested on 15 counts of possession of child pornography.

—Anthony Flores, 32, was arrested on 20 counts of possession of child pornography.

—Hector A. Gonzalez, no age provided, was arrested on 10 counts of possession of child pornography after his employer noticed the information on his work computer, Barrett said.

—Thomas K. Krattenmaker, 22, was arrested on six counts of advertising or distributing child pornography and 20 counts of possession of child pornography.

—Paul Smith, 51, was arrested on 20 counts of possession of child pornography.

—Juan Vega, 37, was arrested on 20 counts of possession of child pornography.

—Terry K. Ziegler, 56, was arrested on 15 counts of possession of child pornography.