Nicholas Guzman – Scumbag Pedophile sends wife off to shop while molests child in his truck

A 38-year-old Richmond man who parked his truck in a San Pablo strip mall lot while his wife went shopping has been charged with molesting a 10-year-old girl inside the vehicle.

The incident was interrupted by a parking enforcement officer, police said.

Nicholas Guzman, aka Jose Jesus Quintero, was arraigned Thursday morning in a Richmond courtroom, where Judge Peter Berger set his bail at $100,000, according to a court clerk. He is scheduled to return to court Nov. 6 for plea entry.

Guzman was naked in the bed of a covered truck with the child when San Pablo police aide Johanna Gray discovered him about 7 p.m. Oct. 24, said Sgt. David Krastof. The girl’s clothes had been partially removed, the sergeant said.

Gray had been conducting parking enforcement at the San Pablo Avenue strip mall containing FoodMaxx and Big Lots when she spotted the truck parked next to a store, away from where the general public parks.

“She (Gray) got their just in time,” Krastof said.

A medical evaluation determined the girl had not been raped, he said.

Gray took custody of the child and ordered Guzman to wait while she summoned police officers. Guzman hurried off despite the order, but was quickly located with the help of his wife, who had been shopping at the strip mall during the molestation, Krastof said.

The girl was an acquaintance of Guzman’s and had gone to the shopping center with the couple. She was taken to the Contra Costa Regional Center after the incident and was reunited with her family.

“She was, obviously, very shaken up,” Krastof said.

Published in: on October 30, 2008 at 8:18 pm  Leave a Comment  

Nicholas Guzman – Scumbag Pedophile sends wife off to shop while molests child in his truck

A 38-year-old Richmond man who parked his truck in a San Pablo strip mall lot while his wife went shopping has been charged with molesting a 10-year-old girl inside the vehicle.

The incident was interrupted by a parking enforcement officer, police said.

Nicholas Guzman, aka Jose Jesus Quintero, was arraigned Thursday morning in a Richmond courtroom, where Judge Peter Berger set his bail at $100,000, according to a court clerk. He is scheduled to return to court Nov. 6 for plea entry.

Guzman was naked in the bed of a covered truck with the child when San Pablo police aide Johanna Gray discovered him about 7 p.m. Oct. 24, said Sgt. David Krastof. The girl’s clothes had been partially removed, the sergeant said.

Gray had been conducting parking enforcement at the San Pablo Avenue strip mall containing FoodMaxx and Big Lots when she spotted the truck parked next to a store, away from where the general public parks.

“She (Gray) got their just in time,” Krastof said.

A medical evaluation determined the girl had not been raped, he said.

Gray took custody of the child and ordered Guzman to wait while she summoned police officers. Guzman hurried off despite the order, but was quickly located with the help of his wife, who had been shopping at the strip mall during the molestation, Krastof said.

The girl was an acquaintance of Guzman’s and had gone to the shopping center with the couple. She was taken to the Contra Costa Regional Center after the incident and was reunited with her family.

“She was, obviously, very shaken up,” Krastof said.

Published in: on October 30, 2008 at 8:18 pm  Leave a Comment  

John F. DeGray – Repeat Sex Offender


A registered sex offender who police said had sex with a minor over a period of four years has again been charged with sexual assault.

John F. DeGray, 56, of Fairway Drive, East Windsor, was arrested on a warrant charging him with five counts of first-degree sexual assault, four counts of second-degree sexual assault, and three counts of fourth-degree sex assault. He also was charged with 12 counts of impairing the morals of a minor, police said.

The girl was under 14 at the time of the assault, police said.

DeGray, who is a registered sex offender since July 8, 2002, was picked up by state police in Bridgeport. His registration was triggered by his Aug. 7, 1992 conviction on a charge of fourth-degree sexual assault, police said.

DeGray’s bail was set at $200,000. He is scheduled to appear in Superior Court in Enfield Thursday

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte
Published in: on October 30, 2008 at 4:50 am  Leave a Comment  

John F. DeGray – Repeat Sex Offender


A registered sex offender who police said had sex with a minor over a period of four years has again been charged with sexual assault.

John F. DeGray, 56, of Fairway Drive, East Windsor, was arrested on a warrant charging him with five counts of first-degree sexual assault, four counts of second-degree sexual assault, and three counts of fourth-degree sex assault. He also was charged with 12 counts of impairing the morals of a minor, police said.

The girl was under 14 at the time of the assault, police said.

DeGray, who is a registered sex offender since July 8, 2002, was picked up by state police in Bridgeport. His registration was triggered by his Aug. 7, 1992 conviction on a charge of fourth-degree sexual assault, police said.

DeGray’s bail was set at $200,000. He is scheduled to appear in Superior Court in Enfield Thursday

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte
Published in: on October 30, 2008 at 4:50 am  Leave a Comment  

Michael Sampson Jr – Repeat Sex Offender


An Evansdale man who is a registered sex offender has been arrested on federal child pornography and weapons charges.

Michael Sampson Jr. was charged by federal grand jury in U.S. District Court in Cedar Rapids.

The 37 year old faces two counts of transportation of child pornography, and one count each of possession of child porn and felon in possession of a firearm.

Sampson was already on sex offender registries in Iowa and Illinois in connection with a 2003 incident which led to charges for indecent solicitation of a child. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to probation, 60 days in jail and ordered to take a sex offender evaluation.

The new charges stem from incidents in early 2008.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Michael Sampson Jr – Repeat Sex Offender


An Evansdale man who is a registered sex offender has been arrested on federal child pornography and weapons charges.

Michael Sampson Jr. was charged by federal grand jury in U.S. District Court in Cedar Rapids.

The 37 year old faces two counts of transportation of child pornography, and one count each of possession of child porn and felon in possession of a firearm.

Sampson was already on sex offender registries in Iowa and Illinois in connection with a 2003 incident which led to charges for indecent solicitation of a child. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to probation, 60 days in jail and ordered to take a sex offender evaluation.

The new charges stem from incidents in early 2008.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Sean Humby – 9 years for molesting boys in Day Care

Before 20-year-old Sean M. Humby was ordered to prison for nine years, the boy’s father said Humby’s actions transformed an innocent child into one “who now views the world through cynical eyes.”

“I will never forgive you for what you did,” the father told Humby, “not only to my son, but to all the other boys you victimized.”

Man guilty of abusing three boys sentenced to nine years

Sean HumbyIt was an emotional day for the parents of children who were sexually abused at a daycare center. Sean Humby, 20, pleaded guilty and admitted to sexually abusing three boys at Love and Laughter Daycare in Riga.

In court today, Assistant District Attorney Matt Rich asked for the maximum sentence of nine years for Humby and that is the sentence he received. Humby will also have to register as a sex offender when he’s released.

One of the victim’s parents spoke directly to Humby in court saying, “No words can describe the amount of hatred I feel towards you, I will never forgive you for what you have done”.

The assistant district attorney says this has been a very painful process for the victims. Rich said, “They’re all very very hurt about what happened, but considering the circumstances and considering that the boys did not have to come in and testify, this was the best outcome that we could provide to the families. I believe they’re satisfied with what we were able to do.”

Rich says the three boys are all under twelve years old and they are going through counseling.

The defense attorney says Humby was also sexually abused as a young boy and they hope his guilty plea will help stop the cycle of abuse.

Eric Darrell Schwenk – Repeat Sex Offender –

The alleged victim in the case — who is now 16 — worked with investigators. During a phone conversation, Schwenk was recorded reportedly admitting to the molestation.


A 43-year-old registered sex offender who has been charged with allegedly molesting his former girlfriend’s 10-year-old son in 2002 pleaded not guilty at his Tuesday arraignment.

Eric Darrell Schwenk waived his right to a speedy trial in order to have his pretrial date set in early December. Attorney Marek Reavis was appointed as Schwenk’s attorney.

”There’s some investigation we have yet to do,” Reavis told Judge Dale Reinholtsen in his request for an additional four weeks.

Schwenk has been charged by the Humboldt County District Attorney’s Office with two counts of lewd and lascivious acts against a minor.

During a pretrial hearing, the prosecution alleged that on two occasions, Schwenk watched pornographic videos with the boy, and instructed him to rub lotion on his chest. Schwenk also allegedly touched the boy on at least one occasion.

Cheryl Franco, an investigator with the District Attorney’s Office, testified the boy’s mother reported the event after she was told by her son. Franco testified that the woman confronted Schwenk about the accusations, and that he confessed to them.

The alleged victim in the case — who is now 16 — worked with investigators. During a phone conversation, Schwenk was recorded reportedly admitting to the molestation.

Court records show Schwenk registered as a sex offender in Humboldt County when he moved to the area. He was convicted of a similar crime in 1995 in Stanislaus County.

Schwenk remains incarcerated in the Humboldt County jail. His bail has been set at $200,000.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Eric Darrell Schwenk – Repeat Sex Offender –

The alleged victim in the case — who is now 16 — worked with investigators. During a phone conversation, Schwenk was recorded reportedly admitting to the molestation.


A 43-year-old registered sex offender who has been charged with allegedly molesting his former girlfriend’s 10-year-old son in 2002 pleaded not guilty at his Tuesday arraignment.

Eric Darrell Schwenk waived his right to a speedy trial in order to have his pretrial date set in early December. Attorney Marek Reavis was appointed as Schwenk’s attorney.

”There’s some investigation we have yet to do,” Reavis told Judge Dale Reinholtsen in his request for an additional four weeks.

Schwenk has been charged by the Humboldt County District Attorney’s Office with two counts of lewd and lascivious acts against a minor.

During a pretrial hearing, the prosecution alleged that on two occasions, Schwenk watched pornographic videos with the boy, and instructed him to rub lotion on his chest. Schwenk also allegedly touched the boy on at least one occasion.

Cheryl Franco, an investigator with the District Attorney’s Office, testified the boy’s mother reported the event after she was told by her son. Franco testified that the woman confronted Schwenk about the accusations, and that he confessed to them.

The alleged victim in the case — who is now 16 — worked with investigators. During a phone conversation, Schwenk was recorded reportedly admitting to the molestation.

Court records show Schwenk registered as a sex offender in Humboldt County when he moved to the area. He was convicted of a similar crime in 1995 in Stanislaus County.

Schwenk remains incarcerated in the Humboldt County jail. His bail has been set at $200,000.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Craig Steven Bowen – Teacher Molester – Pleads for Mercy


Craig Steven Bowen was found guilty of four counts of child molestation in Coweta Superior Court on Tuesday.

After listening to Bowen’s pleas for leniency, Judge Jack Kirby sentenced him to 20 years with 15 to serve in prison — the balance of which he’s to serve on probation — for admittedly having an ongoing sexual relationship with a female relative who was under 16.

Bowen was sentenced to 20 years with 15 to serve in prison for each count of child molestation — all of which will run concurrently.

“I never intended to do anything wrong,” Bowen said just prior to sentencing. “I take full responsibility for what I did. I’m an adult and she’s a child.”

Bowen said the inappropriate relationship ended in June 2002. He told the judge that he would have accepted the plea offer from the state for 20 years with 12 to serve had he known the specific dates of alleged wrongdoing outlined in the indictment “didn’t mean anything.”

Bowen’s defense attorney Macklyn Smith had based his defense around those dates in an attempt to show there was no opportunity for wrongdoing on those dates.

Bowen pleaded for mercy from the court saying he was no threat to society.

Kirby said the plea was offered and that Bowen would get a harsher penalty because he put the victim through a trial.

According to Senior Assistant District Attorney Ray Mayer, Bowen sexually fondled the juvenile relative in Coweta County on several occasions beginning when the victim was around 5 or 6 years old and ending when she was 9 or 10.

The crux of the prosecution was Bowen’s taped interview with the Coweta County Sheriff’s Office on April 12. In the video, Bowen made admissions about inappropriately touching the victim, according to Mayer.

The jury deliberated the case from approximately 2:50 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. before finding Bowen guilty on all counts.

Bowen, of Senoia, is a former Fayette County teacher. He resigned as a teacher at Rising Starr Middle School in Fayetteville following his arrest in April. In 2003, he ran for a Georgia House District post in the Republican Primary. He was a foster parent until his arrest.