James Lee Smith – Repeat Sex Offender – Baby Raper

A man registered as a sex offender in Illinois is in police custody after being indicted on numerous sexual abuse charges involving a Florence case, authorities said.

James Lee Smith, 28, has been living in Florence at 345 Sweetwater Avenue, according to Florence police. He was arrested Friday afternoon after being indicted on charges of first-degree rape, first-degree sexual abuse and first-degree sodomy.

Authorities said Smith is accused of having a sexual encounter with a 5-year-old girl.

The rape and sodomy charges are both Class A felonies and punishable by 10 years to life in prison on each count, if convicted. The sexual abuse charge is a Class C felony and carries a punishment of 1-10 years in prison if Smith is convicted.

Courthouse officials said Smith was indicted during the September grand jury session in Lauderdale County.

Law enforcement reports indicate the incidents happened while the child, who is from another state, was visiting Florence. The incidents reportedly took place between October last year and March.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Michael Assad Lahoud – Repeat Sex Offender – Pedophile


The Wake County Sheriff’s Office charged a registered sex offender living in North Raleigh with multiple counts of taking indecent liberties with children, court records show.

Michael Assad Lahoud, 51, of 1905 Grove Point Court was charged this morning with nine felony counts of indecent liberties with children, according to arrest warrants filed this morning at the Wake County Magistrate’s Office.

Wake sheriff’s deputies took Lahoud this morning to the Wake County Jail where he is being held under a $500,000 bail, court records show. Investigators think the offenses involved at least four juveniles – one girl and three boys – and took place between 2001 and 2006, according to search warrants returned in the case.

Sheriff’s deputies have not yet disclosed what prompted their investigation of Lahoud, who was sentenced to probation for three previous convictions – in 1994, 1998 and 2001 – of the same offense, according to the state Department of Correction. According to the North Carolina Sex Offender Registry, Lahoud was placed on its list on Feb. 2, 2005 following four prior convictions, including three in 2004.

Sheriff’s deputies obtained a warrant on Sept. 11 to search Lahoud’s home after talking with four teens. One of them, now 15, told investigators that he was fondled at least five times. According to the search warrant, the alleged victim told police that the first time it happened, he was about seven years old. The last incident occurred when he was 13, according to a court affidavit.

A second boy, now 14, told deputies he was fondled while visiting the suspect’s home and that he was made to fondle the suspect, court records show.

A third child told investigators he was fondled on multiple occasions when he was between eight and 11 years old, the search warrant said.

The alleged female victim, now 18, also told deputies that she was fondled on different occasions until she reached the age of 12. On one occasion, the teen told deputies, she was taken to a camper behind his home, made to take her clothes off and touch the suspect, the search warrant said.

Investigators seized 30 items from Lahoud’s home while searching for evidence linking him to the teens’ allegations. Among the items deputies recovered were photos, micro-cassette tapes, firearms ammunition, VHS movies, a box of Clairborne cologne, a desktop computer, a laptop computer, a glass pipe with residue and a prescription pill bottle, court records show.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Michael Assad Lahoud – Repeat Sex Offender – Pedophile


The Wake County Sheriff’s Office charged a registered sex offender living in North Raleigh with multiple counts of taking indecent liberties with children, court records show.

Michael Assad Lahoud, 51, of 1905 Grove Point Court was charged this morning with nine felony counts of indecent liberties with children, according to arrest warrants filed this morning at the Wake County Magistrate’s Office.

Wake sheriff’s deputies took Lahoud this morning to the Wake County Jail where he is being held under a $500,000 bail, court records show. Investigators think the offenses involved at least four juveniles – one girl and three boys – and took place between 2001 and 2006, according to search warrants returned in the case.

Sheriff’s deputies have not yet disclosed what prompted their investigation of Lahoud, who was sentenced to probation for three previous convictions – in 1994, 1998 and 2001 – of the same offense, according to the state Department of Correction. According to the North Carolina Sex Offender Registry, Lahoud was placed on its list on Feb. 2, 2005 following four prior convictions, including three in 2004.

Sheriff’s deputies obtained a warrant on Sept. 11 to search Lahoud’s home after talking with four teens. One of them, now 15, told investigators that he was fondled at least five times. According to the search warrant, the alleged victim told police that the first time it happened, he was about seven years old. The last incident occurred when he was 13, according to a court affidavit.

A second boy, now 14, told deputies he was fondled while visiting the suspect’s home and that he was made to fondle the suspect, court records show.

A third child told investigators he was fondled on multiple occasions when he was between eight and 11 years old, the search warrant said.

The alleged female victim, now 18, also told deputies that she was fondled on different occasions until she reached the age of 12. On one occasion, the teen told deputies, she was taken to a camper behind his home, made to take her clothes off and touch the suspect, the search warrant said.

Investigators seized 30 items from Lahoud’s home while searching for evidence linking him to the teens’ allegations. Among the items deputies recovered were photos, micro-cassette tapes, firearms ammunition, VHS movies, a box of Clairborne cologne, a desktop computer, a laptop computer, a glass pipe with residue and a prescription pill bottle, court records show.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Help pass Senate Bill 1738—The PROTECT Our Children Act

Did you know that an estimated 1 of 3 girls and 1 of 6 boys are sexually violated prior to the age 18?

Did you know that there are over 9,000 pedaphiles that make up a society which shares tips on how to molest children and hide it on the Internet?

Did you know the Internet allows pedophiles to have instant access to other predators worldwide, allows open discussions of their sexual desires, shares ideas about ways to lure victims, allows instant access to potential child victims worldwide and serves as an outlet for pedophiles to show live videos of raping children.

While pedophile Websites are being tracked down and removed from Internet servers in countries all over the world, they are still easily finding ways to post Websites, Webrings, forums and chat rooms.

While the number of pedophiles in the world continues to increase at an unbelieveable rate – the funds to capture these individuals are limited.

However, there is a bill which will be voted on Friday that could change the way law enforcement battles the problem of pedophiles in our society.

The Combating Child Exploitation Act of 2008 is coming to a vote in the Senate and everyone needs to make their senators know just how important this bill is and that they need to support the passing of Senate Bill 1738. This bill will change how many will react with the internet. This bill needs to be approved. Law enforcement agencies are heroically struggling against the surge of online criminal activities.

This bill will apply a stronger financial support for increased manpower and training. This will also cover laws enabled by emerging technology. This bill focuses on several points and issues. This bill will establish a special counsel for Child Exploitation prevention and interdiction within the office of the Deputy Attorney General. Also, the bill will strengthen and improve the internet crimes against children task force. Furthermore, the bill calls for an increase of resources for regional computer forensic labs to locate internet criminals.

Also, the bill will strengthen laws against child exploitation to increase the ability of law enforcement agencies to investigate and prosecute child sexual predators. The bill will also enable services to legally report child pornography violations directly to a foreign law enforcement agency to combat international criminals.

Millions across the nation look forward to the bill. Television personnel and celebrities urge view to support the bill.

The Protecting our Children Bill will authorize over $320 million over the next five years in greatly needed funding for law enforcement to investigate child exploitation. Also, it mandates that child rescue be a top priority for law enforcement receiving federal funding.

Published in: on September 24, 2008 at 11:37 pm  Leave a Comment  

Jason Harry Bishop – Repeat Sex Offender


A 42-year-old registered sex offender was arrested Tuesday when Monterey County sheriff’s deputies found child pornography at his Salinas home during a sex offender sweep, the sheriff’s office reported.

Jason Harry Bishop was arrested for possession of child pornography and for violating his parole for a previous conviction of annoying or molesting children, Detective Sgt. Archie Warren said.

He was arrested during a sweep by members of the sheriff’s Sexual Assault Felony Enforcement Team and California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation agents.

The sweep focused on registered sex offenders living in Salinas, Warren said. During such sweeps, if the offender is on parole, officers will often search the offender’s home to ensure he or she is complying with the parole terms.

Bishop will be arraigned later this week in Monterey County.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Jason Harry Bishop – Repeat Sex Offender


A 42-year-old registered sex offender was arrested Tuesday when Monterey County sheriff’s deputies found child pornography at his Salinas home during a sex offender sweep, the sheriff’s office reported.

Jason Harry Bishop was arrested for possession of child pornography and for violating his parole for a previous conviction of annoying or molesting children, Detective Sgt. Archie Warren said.

He was arrested during a sweep by members of the sheriff’s Sexual Assault Felony Enforcement Team and California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation agents.

The sweep focused on registered sex offenders living in Salinas, Warren said. During such sweeps, if the offender is on parole, officers will often search the offender’s home to ensure he or she is complying with the parole terms.

Bishop will be arraigned later this week in Monterey County.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Appeals court upholds sex offender ban

Plainfield has won the latest round in the long-running lawsuit filed by a convicted sex offender who was banned from the town’s parks.

The Indiana Court of Appeals today released a 20-page ruling that upholds the town’s 2002 ordinance prohibiting persons on the state registry of sex offenders from going into Plainfield parks and recreation facilities.

While the ban on sex offenders in the parks does have a punitive aspect, the court said it is not unconstitutional, as the plaintiff, identified only as John Doe, tried to claim in his suit.

The appeals court said Plainfield did not violate the portion of the Indiana Constitution that guarantees rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness to everyone.

Plainfield Town Manager Rich Carlucci said today that the purpose of the ban on registered sex offenders in the parks is to keep them away from children playing in the park.

The appeals court decision upholds a ruling in March this year by Hendricks Superior Court Judge Robert W. Freese, who had granted summary judgment for Plainfield and upheld the town’s ordinance.

Doe, a Marion County resident, was represented by the American Civil Liberties Union of Indiana in filing the suit challenging Plainfield’s ban on sex offenders in the parks.

According to the Court of Appeals, Doe was a convicted sex offender. He also has acquired joint legal custody of his minor son, according to the court.

Doe and his son visited Plainfield parks and recreation areas in 2004 and 2005, according to the court.

In June 2005, a Plainfield policeman recognized Doe in the Recreation Center and Splash Island. He told Doe of the town ordinance banning anyone on the state’s online registry of convicted sex offenders from being in the parks.

Doe sued Plainfield in November 2005, which began nearly three years of twists and turns in the legal case.

In one key step, Doe won a controversial court ruling to keep his identity secret in the legal proceeding even though he is listed publicly on the state registry of sex offenders.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Safe Harbor for Prostituted Children

There are no child prostitutes.

There are only prostituted children.

Children who are pressed, prodded and pummeled into selling sex, should be treated like victims — which is what they are — not like criminals. That’s the paradigm shift that a bill awaiting action on Gov. David Paterson’s desk would mandate. Paterson should sign it.

The “Safe Harbor” legislation would change the current practice of routinely arresting, prosecuting and jailing children — those under the age of 18 — for prostitution. Authorities would be required instead to provide them with state supervision and services such as shelter, crisis intervention and help toward a better life.

That would cost some money, which may be the rub. The state would need to provide safe houses and also some longer-term housing options to provide a way out of the sex trade for teens whose family situations make going home impossible. That should be done as cost-effectively as possibile — for instance by adapting current facilities to this new use — but it has to be done.

Children can’t legally consent to sex. That’s recognized when they’re trafficked across national borders and forced into sexual slavery. And it’s recognized when they’re abused by pedophiles. It should be no different when the child is American, the predator is a pimp and the pedophile is a “John.”

Edgardo Sensi – Charged with child porn – and more

an investigation is still open as to possible sexual battery charges against Sensi, who in one video was shown having sex with a girl under 12 and in another with a girl under 5.

Prosecutors have added more charges against the man accused of having hundreds of images and videos of child pornography, including videos of himself having sex with children.

Edgardo Sensi, 52, of Jensen Beach was arrested Sept. 10 on 10 felony counts of possession of child pornography after detectives investigating online child pornography distribution raided his home.

Sensi was charged with 31 more counts while he was at the Martin County jail Tuesday, bringing his bail to around $2.5 million, Assistant State Attorney Erin Kirkwood said.

Kirkwood said an investigation is still open as to possible sexual battery charges against Sensi, who in one video was shown having sex with a girl under 12 and in another with a girl under 5.

Detectives are still trying to determine where those tapes were filmed.

Since 2005, Sensi was the vice president of operations for Stuart-based tour operator Big Five Tours and Expeditions, which offers sojourns to exotic destinations such as Africa and Asia. He was fired when the company learned about the allegations against him, company president Ashish Sanghrajka said.

Sanghrajka said that Sensi went on business trips abroad.

Sanghrajka said he didn’t know much about Sensi, except that he had a 15-year-old son who lives in Palm Beach County and that Sensi was Catholic and sang opera at his church.

Edgardo Sensi – Charged with child porn – and more

an investigation is still open as to possible sexual battery charges against Sensi, who in one video was shown having sex with a girl under 12 and in another with a girl under 5.

Prosecutors have added more charges against the man accused of having hundreds of images and videos of child pornography, including videos of himself having sex with children.

Edgardo Sensi, 52, of Jensen Beach was arrested Sept. 10 on 10 felony counts of possession of child pornography after detectives investigating online child pornography distribution raided his home.

Sensi was charged with 31 more counts while he was at the Martin County jail Tuesday, bringing his bail to around $2.5 million, Assistant State Attorney Erin Kirkwood said.

Kirkwood said an investigation is still open as to possible sexual battery charges against Sensi, who in one video was shown having sex with a girl under 12 and in another with a girl under 5.

Detectives are still trying to determine where those tapes were filmed.

Since 2005, Sensi was the vice president of operations for Stuart-based tour operator Big Five Tours and Expeditions, which offers sojourns to exotic destinations such as Africa and Asia. He was fired when the company learned about the allegations against him, company president Ashish Sanghrajka said.

Sanghrajka said that Sensi went on business trips abroad.

Sanghrajka said he didn’t know much about Sensi, except that he had a 15-year-old son who lives in Palm Beach County and that Sensi was Catholic and sang opera at his church.