John Wade Adams – Repeat Sex Offender

“Nine years ago Mr. Adams committed a sexual crime against a child and now he has re-offended and did great damage to another victim. This time Macon County will be safe from him for at least 28 years.”

A registered sex offender was convicted and sentenced Monday after pleading guilty to two felonies of statutory sexual offense and taking indecent liberties with a minor.

John Wade Adams, 29, was sentenced to a minimum of 28 years and a maximum of 34 years, 7 months in prison.

The crime occurred on April 13, 2007. The victim was six years old at the time. The child told her mother, and Adams was arrested on April 30, 2007

Adams was previously convicted in 1999 for taking indecent liberties with a child.

“This case demonstrates why it is the policy of my office to seek long prison sentences for child molesters,” said District Attorney Mike Bonfoey. “Nine years ago Mr. Adams committed a sexual crime against a child and now he has re-offended and did great damage to another victim. This time Macon County will be safe from him for at least 28 years.”

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte
Published in: on June 3, 2008 at 5:23 am  Leave a Comment  

John Wade Adams – Repeat Sex Offender

“Nine years ago Mr. Adams committed a sexual crime against a child and now he has re-offended and did great damage to another victim. This time Macon County will be safe from him for at least 28 years.”

A registered sex offender was convicted and sentenced Monday after pleading guilty to two felonies of statutory sexual offense and taking indecent liberties with a minor.

John Wade Adams, 29, was sentenced to a minimum of 28 years and a maximum of 34 years, 7 months in prison.

The crime occurred on April 13, 2007. The victim was six years old at the time. The child told her mother, and Adams was arrested on April 30, 2007

Adams was previously convicted in 1999 for taking indecent liberties with a child.

“This case demonstrates why it is the policy of my office to seek long prison sentences for child molesters,” said District Attorney Mike Bonfoey. “Nine years ago Mr. Adams committed a sexual crime against a child and now he has re-offended and did great damage to another victim. This time Macon County will be safe from him for at least 28 years.”

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte
Published in: on June 3, 2008 at 5:23 am  Leave a Comment  

Christian Buchanan – Repeat Sex Offender – After Judge gives him a slap on the wrist

Buchanan, a former public school bus monitor, had been arrested in 2003 for allegedly molesting a then-12-year-old Gaudet Middle School student on a school bus in 2002. He pleaded no contest to three amended charges of simple assault and a judge imposed a one-year suspended sentence and placed him on probation for one year.


A 28-year-old Tiverton man has been indicted on child molestation charges stemming from his alleged abuse of a girl in 2000 and 2002.

The Newport County Grand Jury on Friday indicted Christian Buchanan, of 1618 Fish Rd., Tiverton, on one count of first-degree child molestation and three counts of second-degree child molestation.

It is alleged that between Jan. 1, 2002, and April 1, 2002, Buchanan committed one crime of first-degree child molestation and two crimes of second-degree child molestation in Middletown. It is alleged that between April 1, 2000, and Sept. 1, 2000, he committed one crime of second-degree child molestation in Portsmouth. All of the alleged crimes involved a victim 14 years of age or under.

Portsmouth police arrested Buchanan April 11 after a now-18-year-old Tiverton woman reported to local police that Buchanan had been molesting and assaulting her since she was 10.

Tiverton police referred the case to authorities in Portsmouth, where some of the alleged abuse occurred. Portsmouth police then contacted Middletown police, where the girl had lived in 2003 and 2004.

Buchanan turned himself in to the Middletown police on April 24 and was arrested on a warrant charging him with first-degree child molestation.

Buchanan, a former public school bus monitor, had been arrested in 2003 for allegedly molesting a then-12-year-old Gaudet Middle School student on a school bus in 2002. He pleaded no contest to three amended charges of simple assault and a judge imposed a one-year suspended sentence and placed him on probation for one year.

Buchanan, who is currently being held without bail in the Adult Correctional Institutions in Cranston, will be arraigned in Newport County Superior Court June 26.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Christian Buchanan – Repeat Sex Offender – After Judge gives him a slap on the wrist

Buchanan, a former public school bus monitor, had been arrested in 2003 for allegedly molesting a then-12-year-old Gaudet Middle School student on a school bus in 2002. He pleaded no contest to three amended charges of simple assault and a judge imposed a one-year suspended sentence and placed him on probation for one year.


A 28-year-old Tiverton man has been indicted on child molestation charges stemming from his alleged abuse of a girl in 2000 and 2002.

The Newport County Grand Jury on Friday indicted Christian Buchanan, of 1618 Fish Rd., Tiverton, on one count of first-degree child molestation and three counts of second-degree child molestation.

It is alleged that between Jan. 1, 2002, and April 1, 2002, Buchanan committed one crime of first-degree child molestation and two crimes of second-degree child molestation in Middletown. It is alleged that between April 1, 2000, and Sept. 1, 2000, he committed one crime of second-degree child molestation in Portsmouth. All of the alleged crimes involved a victim 14 years of age or under.

Portsmouth police arrested Buchanan April 11 after a now-18-year-old Tiverton woman reported to local police that Buchanan had been molesting and assaulting her since she was 10.

Tiverton police referred the case to authorities in Portsmouth, where some of the alleged abuse occurred. Portsmouth police then contacted Middletown police, where the girl had lived in 2003 and 2004.

Buchanan turned himself in to the Middletown police on April 24 and was arrested on a warrant charging him with first-degree child molestation.

Buchanan, a former public school bus monitor, had been arrested in 2003 for allegedly molesting a then-12-year-old Gaudet Middle School student on a school bus in 2002. He pleaded no contest to three amended charges of simple assault and a judge imposed a one-year suspended sentence and placed him on probation for one year.

Buchanan, who is currently being held without bail in the Adult Correctional Institutions in Cranston, will be arraigned in Newport County Superior Court June 26.

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

Jim Freeman Sex offender Activist, Pedo Ringleader


Federal prosecutors in James Freeman’s vast Internet child porn case have asked for more time because the FBI “seized more evidence than it could have imagined” in busting him.

Freeman, 48, formerly of Church Street in Santa Rosa Beach, was one of 12 men indicted in March for his role in a global porn ring that investigators say stretched to Australia, Germany, the United Kingdom and Canada.

He faces numerous federal charges: Engaging in a child exploitation enterprise, conspiracy, advertisement of child pornography, transportation of child pornography, receipt of child pornography and obstruction of justice.

“This case is one of the largest digital seizures in the history of the FBI,” reads the prosecutors’ motion for a continuance in Freeman’s trial. They say they need until August to get through it, “even using all of the resources of the FBI.”

The evidence includes about 58 terabytes of information from several defendants’ computer hard drives.

By comparison, a typical video store may contain about 8 terabytes of video data. In 2006, when YouTube.com reportedly stored 45 terabytes of video data for viewing online, it was providing more than 100 million videos each day. Examiners have been working on the data “non-stop 24 hours per day, 7 days per week since the evidence was received,” according to the motion.

At least two defendants in the case have pleaded guilty, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.

The indictment lists several of the men’s online descriptions of teens or children engaged in sex acts. One describes girls under 10 years old who are “heavily drugged” and abused.

In one message, Freeman thanks the others for their participation: “My thanks to you and all the others that together make this the greatest group of pedos to ever gather in one place. I’m honored just to be a part of it,” according to his indictment.

The charges were filed after investigators infiltrated the network. By then, the group had already traded more than 400,000 images and videos of child sex abuse, the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Pensacola alleges.

In a Daily News story March 8, it was reported that Freeman also was a registered sex offender who served as the executive director of a campaign to reform Megan’s Law and change sex offender registration requirements.

His organization’s Web site, http://www.SOhopeful.org, shut down soon after that.

Although Florida’s sex offender registry lists Freeman’s status as released, his listed address is at the Santa Rosa County Jail.

An officer there said he was being held for U.S. Marshals.

Published in: on June 3, 2008 at 4:44 am  Leave a Comment  

Jim Freeman Sex offender Activist, Pedo Ringleader


Federal prosecutors in James Freeman’s vast Internet child porn case have asked for more time because the FBI “seized more evidence than it could have imagined” in busting him.

Freeman, 48, formerly of Church Street in Santa Rosa Beach, was one of 12 men indicted in March for his role in a global porn ring that investigators say stretched to Australia, Germany, the United Kingdom and Canada.

He faces numerous federal charges: Engaging in a child exploitation enterprise, conspiracy, advertisement of child pornography, transportation of child pornography, receipt of child pornography and obstruction of justice.

“This case is one of the largest digital seizures in the history of the FBI,” reads the prosecutors’ motion for a continuance in Freeman’s trial. They say they need until August to get through it, “even using all of the resources of the FBI.”

The evidence includes about 58 terabytes of information from several defendants’ computer hard drives.

By comparison, a typical video store may contain about 8 terabytes of video data. In 2006, when YouTube.com reportedly stored 45 terabytes of video data for viewing online, it was providing more than 100 million videos each day. Examiners have been working on the data “non-stop 24 hours per day, 7 days per week since the evidence was received,” according to the motion.

At least two defendants in the case have pleaded guilty, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.

The indictment lists several of the men’s online descriptions of teens or children engaged in sex acts. One describes girls under 10 years old who are “heavily drugged” and abused.

In one message, Freeman thanks the others for their participation: “My thanks to you and all the others that together make this the greatest group of pedos to ever gather in one place. I’m honored just to be a part of it,” according to his indictment.

The charges were filed after investigators infiltrated the network. By then, the group had already traded more than 400,000 images and videos of child sex abuse, the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Pensacola alleges.

In a Daily News story March 8, it was reported that Freeman also was a registered sex offender who served as the executive director of a campaign to reform Megan’s Law and change sex offender registration requirements.

His organization’s Web site, http://www.SOhopeful.org, shut down soon after that.

Although Florida’s sex offender registry lists Freeman’s status as released, his listed address is at the Santa Rosa County Jail.

An officer there said he was being held for U.S. Marshals.

Published in: on June 3, 2008 at 4:44 am  Leave a Comment  

Jim Freeman Sex offender Activist, Pedo Ringleader


Federal prosecutors in James Freeman’s vast Internet child porn case have asked for more time because the FBI “seized more evidence than it could have imagined” in busting him.

Freeman, 48, formerly of Church Street in Santa Rosa Beach, was one of 12 men indicted in March for his role in a global porn ring that investigators say stretched to Australia, Germany, the United Kingdom and Canada.

He faces numerous federal charges: Engaging in a child exploitation enterprise, conspiracy, advertisement of child pornography, transportation of child pornography, receipt of child pornography and obstruction of justice.

“This case is one of the largest digital seizures in the history of the FBI,” reads the prosecutors’ motion for a continuance in Freeman’s trial. They say they need until August to get through it, “even using all of the resources of the FBI.”

The evidence includes about 58 terabytes of information from several defendants’ computer hard drives.

By comparison, a typical video store may contain about 8 terabytes of video data. In 2006, when YouTube.com reportedly stored 45 terabytes of video data for viewing online, it was providing more than 100 million videos each day. Examiners have been working on the data “non-stop 24 hours per day, 7 days per week since the evidence was received,” according to the motion.

At least two defendants in the case have pleaded guilty, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.

The indictment lists several of the men’s online descriptions of teens or children engaged in sex acts. One describes girls under 10 years old who are “heavily drugged” and abused.

In one message, Freeman thanks the others for their participation: “My thanks to you and all the others that together make this the greatest group of pedos to ever gather in one place. I’m honored just to be a part of it,” according to his indictment.

The charges were filed after investigators infiltrated the network. By then, the group had already traded more than 400,000 images and videos of child sex abuse, the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Pensacola alleges.

In a Daily News story March 8, it was reported that Freeman also was a registered sex offender who served as the executive director of a campaign to reform Megan’s Law and change sex offender registration requirements.

His organization’s Web site, http://www.SOhopeful.org, shut down soon after that.

Although Florida’s sex offender registry lists Freeman’s status as released, his listed address is at the Santa Rosa County Jail.

An officer there said he was being held for U.S. Marshals.

Published in: on June 3, 2008 at 4:44 am  Leave a Comment  

Paul Shanley – Whining Pedophile Priest

Advocates for clergy sex abuse victims are outraged that a priest convicted of repeatedly raping and fondling a boy at a Newton parish in the 1980s is asking for a new trial.

Defrocked priest Paul Shanley was in Suffolk Superior Court on Thursday for a hearing on his motion for a new trial. Shanley’s new lawyer is challenging the repressed memories of Shanley’s accuser.

Shanley’s accuser testified that Shanley repeatedly pulled him out of catechism class and raped and fondled him, beginning when he was 6 years old.

He said he remembered the abuse in 2002, after the news media began reporting on the clergy abuse scandal in the Boston Archdiocese.

Victims’ advocates who attended the hearing said Shanley does not deserve a new trial.

Published in: on June 3, 2008 at 4:32 am  Leave a Comment  

Paul Shanley – Whining Pedophile Priest

Advocates for clergy sex abuse victims are outraged that a priest convicted of repeatedly raping and fondling a boy at a Newton parish in the 1980s is asking for a new trial.

Defrocked priest Paul Shanley was in Suffolk Superior Court on Thursday for a hearing on his motion for a new trial. Shanley’s new lawyer is challenging the repressed memories of Shanley’s accuser.

Shanley’s accuser testified that Shanley repeatedly pulled him out of catechism class and raped and fondled him, beginning when he was 6 years old.

He said he remembered the abuse in 2002, after the news media began reporting on the clergy abuse scandal in the Boston Archdiocese.

Victims’ advocates who attended the hearing said Shanley does not deserve a new trial.

Published in: on June 3, 2008 at 4:32 am  Leave a Comment  

Paul Shanley – Whining Pedophile Priest

Advocates for clergy sex abuse victims are outraged that a priest convicted of repeatedly raping and fondling a boy at a Newton parish in the 1980s is asking for a new trial.

Defrocked priest Paul Shanley was in Suffolk Superior Court on Thursday for a hearing on his motion for a new trial. Shanley’s new lawyer is challenging the repressed memories of Shanley’s accuser.

Shanley’s accuser testified that Shanley repeatedly pulled him out of catechism class and raped and fondled him, beginning when he was 6 years old.

He said he remembered the abuse in 2002, after the news media began reporting on the clergy abuse scandal in the Boston Archdiocese.

Victims’ advocates who attended the hearing said Shanley does not deserve a new trial.

Published in: on June 3, 2008 at 4:32 am  Comments (1)