Leonard Dickey – Repeat Sex Offender – Whining Pedophile

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

The attorney representing a man charged in the death of a Cambridge City teen wants his client’s remarks to police thrown out, claiming Leonard Dickey was insufficiently advised of his Miranda rights at the time of his arrest.

Attorney Timothy Neal says his client had his Miranda rights violated by police when he was arrested in May in connection with the death of Tarra Pickett, according to court documents.

Wayne County Prosecutor Mike Shipman disagrees.

Neal on Friday filed a motion for a continuance of a hearing in Wayne County Superior Court 2. Neal is requesting the court suppress any and all oral confessions, statements or admissions made by Dickey on May 22 and May 25.

Dickey, who turns 48 on Sunday, was arrested after police found Pickett’s body in a public wooded area in Cambridge City.

Pickett, 16, was returning from a friend’s home and police believe Dickey, a previously convicted sex offender, abducted and killed her.

His trial is scheduled to start July 21.

Neal claims that Dickey’s statements should not be allowed as evidence because Dickey could not understand his Miranda rights and that the interrogation session conducted violated Fifth Amendment rights and Art. 1, Sect. 14 of the Indiana Constitution against self-incrimination

Shipman said Dickey was read his Miranda rights essentially advising him of the charges and his right to remain silent and obtain legal counsel.

“Yes, they were read to him,” Shipman said Friday. “I don’t recall the number of times his rights were read to him. There is no requirement under Miranda that they are repeatedly given in most circumstance.”

Neal did not immediately return a Friday phone message left by the Palladium-Item.

Dickey, who is in the Wayne County Jail, is charged with felony murder, criminal deviate conduct, a Class B felony, and theft and criminal confinement, which are both Class D felonies.

Repeat sex offender allegations habitual offender charges have been added as the prosecution seeks a life sentence if Dickey is convicted without the possibility of parole.

In 2005, Dickey was released after serving 22 years in the Department of Corrections on rape and confinement convictions in Fayette County.

Dickey was out of jail and on bond awaiting trial from another alleged sexual assault offense when Pickett was killed.

He is charged with three child molestation charges. One of the charges is a Class A felony. The remaining charges are Class C felonies. Repeat sex offender and habitual offender enhancements were added to the charges.

The details surrounding Pickett’s death led to the Indiana General Assembly passing legislation last session known as “Tarra’s Law.” The law, which was signed by Gov. Mitch Daniels in March, gives prosecutors and judges more control over denying bail for repeat sexually violent predators.

State Rep. Phil Pflum, D-Milton, sponsored the bill so there could be no more automatic setting of bail when sexually violent predators are accused of another sex crime.

13% of all new sex crimes is committed by someone
who is already on the sex offender registry
……….Sarah Tofte, Human Rights Watch

Leonard Dickey – Repeat Sex Offender – Whining Pedophile

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

The attorney representing a man charged in the death of a Cambridge City teen wants his client’s remarks to police thrown out, claiming Leonard Dickey was insufficiently advised of his Miranda rights at the time of his arrest.

Attorney Timothy Neal says his client had his Miranda rights violated by police when he was arrested in May in connection with the death of Tarra Pickett, according to court documents.

Wayne County Prosecutor Mike Shipman disagrees.

Neal on Friday filed a motion for a continuance of a hearing in Wayne County Superior Court 2. Neal is requesting the court suppress any and all oral confessions, statements or admissions made by Dickey on May 22 and May 25.

Dickey, who turns 48 on Sunday, was arrested after police found Pickett’s body in a public wooded area in Cambridge City.

Pickett, 16, was returning from a friend’s home and police believe Dickey, a previously convicted sex offender, abducted and killed her.

His trial is scheduled to start July 21.

Neal claims that Dickey’s statements should not be allowed as evidence because Dickey could not understand his Miranda rights and that the interrogation session conducted violated Fifth Amendment rights and Art. 1, Sect. 14 of the Indiana Constitution against self-incrimination

Shipman said Dickey was read his Miranda rights essentially advising him of the charges and his right to remain silent and obtain legal counsel.

“Yes, they were read to him,” Shipman said Friday. “I don’t recall the number of times his rights were read to him. There is no requirement under Miranda that they are repeatedly given in most circumstance.”

Neal did not immediately return a Friday phone message left by the Palladium-Item.

Dickey, who is in the Wayne County Jail, is charged with felony murder, criminal deviate conduct, a Class B felony, and theft and criminal confinement, which are both Class D felonies.

Repeat sex offender allegations habitual offender charges have been added as the prosecution seeks a life sentence if Dickey is convicted without the possibility of parole.

In 2005, Dickey was released after serving 22 years in the Department of Corrections on rape and confinement convictions in Fayette County.

Dickey was out of jail and on bond awaiting trial from another alleged sexual assault offense when Pickett was killed.

He is charged with three child molestation charges. One of the charges is a Class A felony. The remaining charges are Class C felonies. Repeat sex offender and habitual offender enhancements were added to the charges.

The details surrounding Pickett’s death led to the Indiana General Assembly passing legislation last session known as “Tarra’s Law.” The law, which was signed by Gov. Mitch Daniels in March, gives prosecutors and judges more control over denying bail for repeat sexually violent predators.

State Rep. Phil Pflum, D-Milton, sponsored the bill so there could be no more automatic setting of bail when sexually violent predators are accused of another sex crime.

13% of all new sex crimes is committed by someone
who is already on the sex offender registry
……….Sarah Tofte, Human Rights Watch

Leonard Dickey – Repeat Sex Offender – Whining Pedophile

“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

The attorney representing a man charged in the death of a Cambridge City teen wants his client’s remarks to police thrown out, claiming Leonard Dickey was insufficiently advised of his Miranda rights at the time of his arrest.

Attorney Timothy Neal says his client had his Miranda rights violated by police when he was arrested in May in connection with the death of Tarra Pickett, according to court documents.

Wayne County Prosecutor Mike Shipman disagrees.

Neal on Friday filed a motion for a continuance of a hearing in Wayne County Superior Court 2. Neal is requesting the court suppress any and all oral confessions, statements or admissions made by Dickey on May 22 and May 25.

Dickey, who turns 48 on Sunday, was arrested after police found Pickett’s body in a public wooded area in Cambridge City.

Pickett, 16, was returning from a friend’s home and police believe Dickey, a previously convicted sex offender, abducted and killed her.

His trial is scheduled to start July 21.

Neal claims that Dickey’s statements should not be allowed as evidence because Dickey could not understand his Miranda rights and that the interrogation session conducted violated Fifth Amendment rights and Art. 1, Sect. 14 of the Indiana Constitution against self-incrimination

Shipman said Dickey was read his Miranda rights essentially advising him of the charges and his right to remain silent and obtain legal counsel.

“Yes, they were read to him,” Shipman said Friday. “I don’t recall the number of times his rights were read to him. There is no requirement under Miranda that they are repeatedly given in most circumstance.”

Neal did not immediately return a Friday phone message left by the Palladium-Item.

Dickey, who is in the Wayne County Jail, is charged with felony murder, criminal deviate conduct, a Class B felony, and theft and criminal confinement, which are both Class D felonies.

Repeat sex offender allegations habitual offender charges have been added as the prosecution seeks a life sentence if Dickey is convicted without the possibility of parole.

In 2005, Dickey was released after serving 22 years in the Department of Corrections on rape and confinement convictions in Fayette County.

Dickey was out of jail and on bond awaiting trial from another alleged sexual assault offense when Pickett was killed.

He is charged with three child molestation charges. One of the charges is a Class A felony. The remaining charges are Class C felonies. Repeat sex offender and habitual offender enhancements were added to the charges.

The details surrounding Pickett’s death led to the Indiana General Assembly passing legislation last session known as “Tarra’s Law.” The law, which was signed by Gov. Mitch Daniels in March, gives prosecutors and judges more control over denying bail for repeat sexually violent predators.

State Rep. Phil Pflum, D-Milton, sponsored the bill so there could be no more automatic setting of bail when sexually violent predators are accused of another sex crime.

13% of all new sex crimes is committed by someone
who is already on the sex offender registry
……….Sarah Tofte, Human Rights Watch

Alan Ginnever – Repeat Sex Offender – locked up indefinitely

He told the jury he had no idea why he was being blamed, and claimed he was the world’s most unlucky man after six witnesses picked him out in identification parades.

Last night, it emerged that he is now bankrupt and his partner and mother of his young child has left him after a behind-bars confession he made to her following his conviction.

LENGTHY JAIL TERM: Alan Ginnever will only be considered for release when he can convince  officials he no longer poses a threat LENGTHY JAIL TERM: Alan Ginnever will only be considered for release when he can convince officials he no longer poses a threat


“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

A SEXUAL predator who stalked a countryside walkway looking for vulnerable victims was yesterday locked up indefinitely after a judge said he was a “significant danger”.

Alan Ginnever was jailed for the protection of the public and will be released from prison only when he can convince officials from the Parole Board that he is no longer a risk.

He was told by Judge Tony Briggs that there was “a predatory bullying and controlling element”

to the offences and he had enjoyed causing one victim “alarm and discomfort”.

The judge said Ginnever had deliberately travelled to isolated places along Castle Eden Walkway, near Stockton, to carry out his attacks and circled one location in his car looking for victims.

The attacks go back to the summer of 2005, when Ginnever was on a bike and ripped the bikini top off a 14-year-old as he rode past near the Hardwick Social Club, Stockton, Almost exactly a year later, in the same area, he stopped two girls cycling in Darlington Lane, Elmtree, groped the ten-year-old and exposed himself to her nineyear- old friend.

In August 2006, Ginnever approached a 12-year-old and a ten year- old near Billingham Beck County Park, touched the breasts of the older girl and flashed a t her friend.

On March 12, last year, he made a lewd suggestion and exposed himself to a 35-year-old woman walking her dogs near Letch Lane, Stockton, forcing his victim to flee screaming.

Five weeks later, a 15-year-old girl, who was at the Wynyard Woodland Park with her toddler cousin and brother, both aged two, had her trousers pulled down by Ginnever.

Following the final attack, detectives were so worried about the offender’s escalating behaviour they issued an appeal, and witnesses came forward with crucial information that led to his conviction.

Ginnever was arrested after his car was linked to some of the attack scenes, and faced a trial at Teesside Crown Court on four allegations of sexual assault and three of exposure.

He told the jury he had no idea why he was being blamed, and claimed he was the world’s most unlucky man after six witnesses picked him out in identification parades.

Last night, it emerged that he is now bankrupt and his partner and mother of his young child has left him after a behind-bars confession he made to her following his conviction.

Ginnever, of Queens Drive, Billingham, who was convicted of all seven counts, must serve at least two-and-a-half years before he can apply for parole, and has been banned from working with children.

Judge Tony Briggs also banned him from going near children’s play parks, wooded areas and the Castle Eden Walkway, a disused railway line linking Stockton to County Durham.

13% of all new sex crimes is committed by someone
who is already on the sex offender registry
……….Sarah Tofte, Human Rights Watch

Alan Ginnever – Repeat Sex Offender – locked up indefinitely

He told the jury he had no idea why he was being blamed, and claimed he was the world’s most unlucky man after six witnesses picked him out in identification parades.

Last night, it emerged that he is now bankrupt and his partner and mother of his young child has left him after a behind-bars confession he made to her following his conviction.

Alan Ginnever will only be considered for release when he can convince  officials he no longer poses a threatLENGTHY JAIL TERM: Alan Ginnever will only be considered for release when he can convince officials he no longer poses a threat


“25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
………Sarah Tofte

A SEXUAL predator who stalked a countryside walkway looking for vulnerable victims was yesterday locked up indefinitely after a judge said he was a “significant danger”.

Alan Ginnever was jailed for the protection of the public and will be released from prison only when he can convince officials from the Parole Board that he is no longer a risk.

He was told by Judge Tony Briggs that there was “a predatory bullying and controlling element”

to the offences and he had enjoyed causing one victim “alarm and discomfort”.

The judge said Ginnever had deliberately travelled to isolated places along Castle Eden Walkway, near Stockton, to carry out his attacks and circled one location in his car looking for victims.

The attacks go back to the summer of 2005, when Ginnever was on a bike and ripped the bikini top off a 14-year-old as he rode past near the Hardwick Social Club, Stockton, Almost exactly a year later, in the same area, he stopped two girls cycling in Darlington Lane, Elmtree, groped the ten-year-old and exposed himself to her nineyear- old friend.

In August 2006, Ginnever approached a 12-year-old and a ten year- old near Billingham Beck County Park, touched the breasts of the older girl and flashed a t her friend.

On March 12, last year, he made a lewd suggestion and exposed himself to a 35-year-old woman walking her dogs near Letch Lane, Stockton, forcing his victim to flee screaming.

Five weeks later, a 15-year-old girl, who was at the Wynyard Woodland Park with her toddler cousin and brother, both aged two, had her trousers pulled down by Ginnever.

Following the final attack, detectives were so worried about the offender’s escalating behaviour they issued an appeal, and witnesses came forward with crucial information that led to his conviction.

Ginnever was arrested after his car was linked to some of the attack scenes, and faced a trial at Teesside Crown Court on four allegations of sexual assault and three of exposure.

He told the jury he had no idea why he was being blamed, and claimed he was the world’s most unlucky man after six witnesses picked him out in identification parades.

Last night, it emerged that he is now bankrupt and his partner and mother of his young child has left him after a behind-bars confession he made to her following his conviction.

Ginnever, of Queens Drive, Billingham, who was convicted of all seven counts, must serve at least two-and-a-half years before he can apply for parole, and has been banned from working with children.

Judge Tony Briggs also banned him from going near children’s play parks, wooded areas and the Castle Eden Walkway, a disused railway line linking Stockton to County Durham.

13% of all new sex crimes is committed by someone
who is already on the sex offender registry
……….Sarah Tofte, Human Rights Watch