Patrick Prye – Repeat Sex Offender – Soliciting sex from 11 year old child

Sarah Tofte of the Human Rights Watch says 25% of all sex offenders
re-offend within 15 years


Police say a 51-year-old Covington man used cell-phone text messaging to solicit sex from an 11-year-old child.

Patrick Prye is charged with two felonies: attempted unlawful transaction with a minor and unlawful use of electronic means to induce a minor to engage in sexual activity. He is at the Kenton County jail in lieu of $50,000 cash bond.

Police say Prye initiated contact with the child online and then obtained the child’s cell-phone number early last week.

When the victim’s parents discovered the text messages, they contacted police. An investigator posing as the child continued the text message relationship.

“The nature of the text messages and some recent cell-phone calls made to the decoy was enough to obtain an arrest warrant and a search warrant,” Covington police Lt. Col. Spike Jones said.

Investigators arranged a meeting with Prye on Friday at a business in the 1600 block of Madison Avenue – three blocks from police headquarters.

Prye called the child’s cell phone and asked the child to come outside, Jones said.

He was arrested and police served a search warrant on his home on East 20th Street, where they seized computer equipment.

“It is our belief that he was downloading child pornography involving children under the age of 10 involved in sexual activity,” Jones said.

The investigation revealed that Prye was convicted in South Carolina of committing a lewd act upon a child under the age of 16. He was required to register as a sex offender for life.

The date of the conviction was not available Monday, but police said Prye was on parole when he moved to Kentucky in 2005. When he violated parole here, Kentucky authorities sent him back to South Carolina.

He returned to Kentucky in 2006. Police say he was registered with the state, but they are investigating why his name does not show up on the Kentucky State Police’s online sex offender registry.

Jones credited the victim’s parents with being proactive.

“Thanks to them, we have a child predator off the street,” he said.

Police strongly encourage parents to regularly inspect their children’s e-mails, online communications and cell phones.

Sexual predators frequently communicate with children via text message because it’s more private than e-mail or phone calls.

“It’s OK to invade their privacy if it’s to prevent something like this,” Jones said.

Patrick Prye – Repeat Sex Offender – Soliciting sex from 11 year old child

Sarah Tofte of the Human Rights Watch says 25% of all sex offenders
re-offend within 15 years


Police say a 51-year-old Covington man used cell-phone text messaging to solicit sex from an 11-year-old child.

Patrick Prye is charged with two felonies: attempted unlawful transaction with a minor and unlawful use of electronic means to induce a minor to engage in sexual activity. He is at the Kenton County jail in lieu of $50,000 cash bond.

Police say Prye initiated contact with the child online and then obtained the child’s cell-phone number early last week.

When the victim’s parents discovered the text messages, they contacted police. An investigator posing as the child continued the text message relationship.

“The nature of the text messages and some recent cell-phone calls made to the decoy was enough to obtain an arrest warrant and a search warrant,” Covington police Lt. Col. Spike Jones said.

Investigators arranged a meeting with Prye on Friday at a business in the 1600 block of Madison Avenue – three blocks from police headquarters.

Prye called the child’s cell phone and asked the child to come outside, Jones said.

He was arrested and police served a search warrant on his home on East 20th Street, where they seized computer equipment.

“It is our belief that he was downloading child pornography involving children under the age of 10 involved in sexual activity,” Jones said.

The investigation revealed that Prye was convicted in South Carolina of committing a lewd act upon a child under the age of 16. He was required to register as a sex offender for life.

The date of the conviction was not available Monday, but police said Prye was on parole when he moved to Kentucky in 2005. When he violated parole here, Kentucky authorities sent him back to South Carolina.

He returned to Kentucky in 2006. Police say he was registered with the state, but they are investigating why his name does not show up on the Kentucky State Police’s online sex offender registry.

Jones credited the victim’s parents with being proactive.

“Thanks to them, we have a child predator off the street,” he said.

Police strongly encourage parents to regularly inspect their children’s e-mails, online communications and cell phones.

Sexual predators frequently communicate with children via text message because it’s more private than e-mail or phone calls.

“It’s OK to invade their privacy if it’s to prevent something like this,” Jones said.

Orlando Florentino Reynolds – Repeat Sex Offender

Sarah Tofte of the Human Rights Watch says 25% of all sex offenders
re-offend within 15 years


A registered sex offender is accused of raping a 16-year-old girl, lawmen say.

Orlando Florentino Reynolds, 22, of the 2000 block of Ivey Commons Road in Fayetteville, was charged Monday with second-degree rape, said Debbie Tanna, spokeswoman for the Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office.

Reynolds is accused of forcing the girl to take part in sex acts in September or October while she was semiconscious, Tanna said.

The victim told investigators she drank alcohol and took medication that day, Tanna said.

Reynolds was put on the state Sex Offender Registry in July, according to the registry Web site.

The posted information says he was convicted of taking indecent liberties with a minor in another state in March.

He was sentenced to 60 days in jail, the information said, and released in May.

Bail was set at $25,000.

Published in: on February 20, 2008 at 5:46 pm  Leave a Comment  

Orlando Florentino Reynolds – Repeat Sex Offender

Sarah Tofte of the Human Rights Watch says 25% of all sex offenders
re-offend within 15 years


A registered sex offender is accused of raping a 16-year-old girl, lawmen say.

Orlando Florentino Reynolds, 22, of the 2000 block of Ivey Commons Road in Fayetteville, was charged Monday with second-degree rape, said Debbie Tanna, spokeswoman for the Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office.

Reynolds is accused of forcing the girl to take part in sex acts in September or October while she was semiconscious, Tanna said.

The victim told investigators she drank alcohol and took medication that day, Tanna said.

Reynolds was put on the state Sex Offender Registry in July, according to the registry Web site.

The posted information says he was convicted of taking indecent liberties with a minor in another state in March.

He was sentenced to 60 days in jail, the information said, and released in May.

Bail was set at $25,000.

Published in: on February 20, 2008 at 5:46 pm  Leave a Comment  

Orlando Florentino Reynolds – Repeat Sex Offender

Sarah Tofte of the Human Rights Watch says 25% of all sex offenders
re-offend within 15 years


A registered sex offender is accused of raping a 16-year-old girl, lawmen say.

Orlando Florentino Reynolds, 22, of the 2000 block of Ivey Commons Road in Fayetteville, was charged Monday with second-degree rape, said Debbie Tanna, spokeswoman for the Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office.

Reynolds is accused of forcing the girl to take part in sex acts in September or October while she was semiconscious, Tanna said.

The victim told investigators she drank alcohol and took medication that day, Tanna said.

Reynolds was put on the state Sex Offender Registry in July, according to the registry Web site.

The posted information says he was convicted of taking indecent liberties with a minor in another state in March.

He was sentenced to 60 days in jail, the information said, and released in May.

Bail was set at $25,000.

Published in: on February 20, 2008 at 5:46 pm  Leave a Comment  

Justin Rosenbohm – Repeat Sex Offender Faces Possible Life Sentence

Sarah Tofte of the Human Rights watch says 25% of all sex offenders
re-offend within 15 years

Authorities say a repeat sex offender could spend the rest of his life in prison for his guilty plea in U.S. District court in Peoria. Twenty-nine-year-old Justin Rosenbohm has pleaded guilty to one count of sexual exploitation of a child and production of child porn.

He faces an additional 10 years given his status as a sex-offender. Rosenbohm faces a minimum of close to 30 years in prison or a mandatory life sentence.

The Associated Press reports U.S. District Judge Michael Mihm will sentence him on May 30.

Justin Rosenbohm – Repeat Sex Offender Faces Possible Life Sentence

Sarah Tofte of the Human Rights watch says 25% of all sex offenders
re-offend within 15 years

Authorities say a repeat sex offender could spend the rest of his life in prison for his guilty plea in U.S. District court in Peoria. Twenty-nine-year-old Justin Rosenbohm has pleaded guilty to one count of sexual exploitation of a child and production of child porn.

He faces an additional 10 years given his status as a sex-offender. Rosenbohm faces a minimum of close to 30 years in prison or a mandatory life sentence.

The Associated Press reports U.S. District Judge Michael Mihm will sentence him on May 30.

Justin Rosenbohm – Repeat Sex Offender Faces Possible Life Sentence

Sarah Tofte of the Human Rights watch says 25% of all sex offenders
re-offend within 15 years

Authorities say a repeat sex offender could spend the rest of his life in prison for his guilty plea in U.S. District court in Peoria. Twenty-nine-year-old Justin Rosenbohm has pleaded guilty to one count of sexual exploitation of a child and production of child porn.

He faces an additional 10 years given his status as a sex-offender. Rosenbohm faces a minimum of close to 30 years in prison or a mandatory life sentence.

The Associated Press reports U.S. District Judge Michael Mihm will sentence him on May 30.

Jeni Lee Dinkel – Violates Probation


Registered sex offender Jeni Lee Dinkel posted bond Tuesday after spending a night in jail on charges she violated probation.

Kenton Circuit Judge Gregory Bartlett allowed the 52-year-old mother to post 10 percent of a $5,000 bond.

Dinkel pleaded guilty in May to one count of third-degree rape for having sex with a 15-year-old friend of her son. She was ordered to serve 60 days in jail, be placed on probation for five years and register as a sex offender for 20 years.

Probation officer Tara Cooper, in an affidavit filed at the justice center, said Dinkel failed to complete a sex offender treatment program as ordered by the court.

Dinkel was kicked out of the program Feb. 14 because she failed to accept responsibility for her crime and refused to take a polygraph test, according to court records.

“Short of absconding or committing a new offense, failure to complete sex offender treatment is one of the next most important conditions of probation,” Commonwealth’s Attorney Rob Sanders said.

He said Dinkel could be placed back on probation or ordered to serve up to five years in jail if found in violation of her probation. A hearing is Monday.

Lawyer Bob Lotz, who represented Dinkel during her sentencing on the rape charge, said he anticipates being hired to defend her at the probation-revocation hearing.

Dinkel’s husband, former Bengals linebacker Tom Dinkel, declined to comment Tuesday

Published in: on February 20, 2008 at 3:21 pm  Leave a Comment  

Jeni Lee Dinkel – Violates Probation


Registered sex offender Jeni Lee Dinkel posted bond Tuesday after spending a night in jail on charges she violated probation.

Kenton Circuit Judge Gregory Bartlett allowed the 52-year-old mother to post 10 percent of a $5,000 bond.

Dinkel pleaded guilty in May to one count of third-degree rape for having sex with a 15-year-old friend of her son. She was ordered to serve 60 days in jail, be placed on probation for five years and register as a sex offender for 20 years.

Probation officer Tara Cooper, in an affidavit filed at the justice center, said Dinkel failed to complete a sex offender treatment program as ordered by the court.

Dinkel was kicked out of the program Feb. 14 because she failed to accept responsibility for her crime and refused to take a polygraph test, according to court records.

“Short of absconding or committing a new offense, failure to complete sex offender treatment is one of the next most important conditions of probation,” Commonwealth’s Attorney Rob Sanders said.

He said Dinkel could be placed back on probation or ordered to serve up to five years in jail if found in violation of her probation. A hearing is Monday.

Lawyer Bob Lotz, who represented Dinkel during her sentencing on the rape charge, said he anticipates being hired to defend her at the probation-revocation hearing.

Dinkel’s husband, former Bengals linebacker Tom Dinkel, declined to comment Tuesday

Published in: on February 20, 2008 at 3:21 pm  Leave a Comment