Jason Lambert – Repeat Sex Offender

Sarah Tofte of the Human Rights Watch says 25% of all sex offenders
re-offend within 15 years

Lambert was convicted in 1998 of the rape and sexual abuse of a
three year old boy


A registered sex offender is back behind bars in Northern Kentucky after police accuse him of molesting a teenage boy.

37 year old Jason Lambert of Florence was arrested early this morning and charged with eight counts of Sodomy. Police say Lamber molested a 13 year old boy at his home on Ridgeview Drive last month.

Bond was set for $250,000 for Lambert this morning. He now faces an additional 40 to 80 years in prison if he’s convicted on these new charges.

Lambert was convicted in 1998 of the rape and sexual abuse of a three year old boy and is a lifetime registered sex offender.

Jason Lambert – Repeat Sex Offender

Sarah Tofte of the Human Rights Watch says 25% of all sex offenders
re-offend within 15 years

Lambert was convicted in 1998 of the rape and sexual abuse of a
three year old boy


A registered sex offender is back behind bars in Northern Kentucky after police accuse him of molesting a teenage boy.

37 year old Jason Lambert of Florence was arrested early this morning and charged with eight counts of Sodomy. Police say Lamber molested a 13 year old boy at his home on Ridgeview Drive last month.

Bond was set for $250,000 for Lambert this morning. He now faces an additional 40 to 80 years in prison if he’s convicted on these new charges.

Lambert was convicted in 1998 of the rape and sexual abuse of a three year old boy and is a lifetime registered sex offender.

Timothy Caylor – Repeat Sex Offender

Sarah Tofte of the Human Rights Watch says that 25% of all sex offenders
re-offend within 15 years


Timothy Caylor, 35, of Dry Ridge was ordered by the Campbell County District Court to serve 90 days in jail and two years probation after pleading guilty in two cases of harassing communications.

The Fort Thomas Police Department and Campbell County Police Department charged Caylor in January after receiving complaints that he had been calling two young girls’ cell phones repeatedly, said Lt. Mark Dill of Fort Thomas.

Caylor is a registered sex offender who was charged with two counts of sexual abuse against an 8-year-old girl in 2000.

Dill said through an interview with Caylor, police found that he was calling random cell phone numbers with a 307 exchange and said he was just “looking for someone to talk to.”

In Fort Thomas, he called a 12-year-old girl 26 times within two weeks, even after being asked to stop, Dill said.

In Campbell County’s case, which occurred in Bellevue, Caylor called a 10-year-old girl 14 times in a three to four day period, said Detective Tom Nitschke.

Nitschke said the girl’s parents contacted the police about the calls, which he was able to trace back to Caylor.

Nitschke said Caylor was targeting girls from approximately ages 8 to 12, and asked the girls questions including if they wanted to hear him urinate, if they had a boyfriend and if they wore knee-high socks.

“It’s just every parent’s worst nightmare,” Nitschke said.

After filing charges against Caylor, Grant County Police arrested him Jan. 9, Nitschke said.

As part of his sentence, Caylor must now call the Campbell County police anytime he is going somewhere in Campbell County, and tell them where he is going, when he is going and why he is going there, Dill said.

While only two girls came forward, Dill said there are probably other victims out there throughout the county.

Dill said it is important that parents whose young children have cell phones make sure they monitor the calls coming into the phones and investigate the origin of any unknown calls.

Published in: on February 15, 2008 at 6:30 pm  Leave a Comment  

Timothy Caylor – Repeat Sex Offender

Sarah Tofte of the Human Rights Watch says that 25% of all sex offenders
re-offend within 15 years


Timothy Caylor, 35, of Dry Ridge was ordered by the Campbell County District Court to serve 90 days in jail and two years probation after pleading guilty in two cases of harassing communications.

The Fort Thomas Police Department and Campbell County Police Department charged Caylor in January after receiving complaints that he had been calling two young girls’ cell phones repeatedly, said Lt. Mark Dill of Fort Thomas.

Caylor is a registered sex offender who was charged with two counts of sexual abuse against an 8-year-old girl in 2000.

Dill said through an interview with Caylor, police found that he was calling random cell phone numbers with a 307 exchange and said he was just “looking for someone to talk to.”

In Fort Thomas, he called a 12-year-old girl 26 times within two weeks, even after being asked to stop, Dill said.

In Campbell County’s case, which occurred in Bellevue, Caylor called a 10-year-old girl 14 times in a three to four day period, said Detective Tom Nitschke.

Nitschke said the girl’s parents contacted the police about the calls, which he was able to trace back to Caylor.

Nitschke said Caylor was targeting girls from approximately ages 8 to 12, and asked the girls questions including if they wanted to hear him urinate, if they had a boyfriend and if they wore knee-high socks.

“It’s just every parent’s worst nightmare,” Nitschke said.

After filing charges against Caylor, Grant County Police arrested him Jan. 9, Nitschke said.

As part of his sentence, Caylor must now call the Campbell County police anytime he is going somewhere in Campbell County, and tell them where he is going, when he is going and why he is going there, Dill said.

While only two girls came forward, Dill said there are probably other victims out there throughout the county.

Dill said it is important that parents whose young children have cell phones make sure they monitor the calls coming into the phones and investigate the origin of any unknown calls.

Published in: on February 15, 2008 at 6:30 pm  Leave a Comment  

Rev. Timothy Brumit – English Teacher – Internet Predator

A South Carolina man accused of sending child pornography over the internet to an undercover officer was indicted in a federal court in Virginia Thursday.

Rev. Timothy Brumit, 47, was indicted with enticement of a minor and transportation of child pornography.

Back in January, Brumit was charged in a federal court in Columbia with distributing child pornography and enticing a juvenile.

Brumit lives and works in the Lexington County area, but because the crime happened across state lines, it’s being handled by federal authorities.

FBI agents say that on January 2, Brumit sent explicit photos to an undercover officer in Virginia who was posing as an underage boy as part of an internet predator sting. Prosecutors also say he tried to entice the ‘boy’ to come live with him in South Carolina.

Assistant U.S. attorney Dean Eichelberger says they recovered roughly 12,000 visual images and 400 video images.

Brumit could face 20 years in prison for the child pornography charge and up to life in prison for sexual activity over the internet.

He’s due back in a Virginia courtroom on February 22nd.

Brumit has worked as an English teacher at Batesburg-Leesville High School for the last six months. Lexington School District Three officials say Brumit is now on administrative leave.

The district says so far, there is no evidence that Brumit had inappropriate contact with any of his students.

Anyone who has any more information in this case should contact the school district’s Safe School Helpline at 1-800-418-6423 or http://www.safeschoolhelpline.com.

People should also call Crimestoppers at 1-888-559-TIPS. In both cases, information is anonymous.

James Edward Green – Repeat Sex Offender

Sarah Tofte of the Human Rights Watch says 25% of all sex offenders
re-offend within 15 years

Previous convictions include

PRIOR CODE-RAPE BY FORCE
SODOMY WITH PERSON UNDER 14 YEARS OR WITH FORCE
CRIMES AGAINST CHILDREN/LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS


A registered sex offender accused of sexually assaulting two 15-year-old boys while holding them against their will must stand trial on 10 felony charges, including kidnapping to commit sodomy, a judge ruled Thursday.

James Edward Green, 49, faces life in prison if convicted, said Deputy District Attorney Brian Erickson.

Green — who is being held on $2 million bail — will be back in court Feb. 27. Erickson said he plans to add more charges on that date in light of the alleged victims’ testimony during today’s preliminary hearing before Judge William Kennedy.

The defendant was named in an arrest warrant last year, accusing him of falsely imprisoning and molesting the teenagers on separate occasions last Oct. 1 and Oct. 5.

Green allegedly offered one boy work and told the other he was an immigration officer.

The defendant is accused of taking the teens to his 42nd Street apartment, locking them in overnight and sexually assaulting them.

Besides kidnapping, Green is charged with two counts each of oral copulation, committing a lewd act on a child, sexual battery with restraint and sodomy

James Edward Green – Repeat Sex Offender

Sarah Tofte of the Human Rights Watch says 25% of all sex offenders
re-offend within 15 years

Previous convictions include

PRIOR CODE-RAPE BY FORCE
SODOMY WITH PERSON UNDER 14 YEARS OR WITH FORCE
CRIMES AGAINST CHILDREN/LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS


A registered sex offender accused of sexually assaulting two 15-year-old boys while holding them against their will must stand trial on 10 felony charges, including kidnapping to commit sodomy, a judge ruled Thursday.

James Edward Green, 49, faces life in prison if convicted, said Deputy District Attorney Brian Erickson.

Green — who is being held on $2 million bail — will be back in court Feb. 27. Erickson said he plans to add more charges on that date in light of the alleged victims’ testimony during today’s preliminary hearing before Judge William Kennedy.

The defendant was named in an arrest warrant last year, accusing him of falsely imprisoning and molesting the teenagers on separate occasions last Oct. 1 and Oct. 5.

Green allegedly offered one boy work and told the other he was an immigration officer.

The defendant is accused of taking the teens to his 42nd Street apartment, locking them in overnight and sexually assaulting them.

Besides kidnapping, Green is charged with two counts each of oral copulation, committing a lewd act on a child, sexual battery with restraint and sodomy

James Lefton – Carmel High School Teacher stole kids pictures off surveillance cameras PERVERT


A Carmel High School computer technician who was fired this week for downloading images of girls from high school surveillance cameras was arrested after police said they found child pornography on a school-owned computer at his home.

James Lefton, 36, Carmel, will appear in a Hamilton County court today for an initial hearing on six felony charges of child exploitation. The charges stem from six pornographic images of children, none of whom was a Carmel student, that were found on a computer in his home, said Hamilton County Deputy Prosecutor Stephanie Smith.

School officials had fired Lefton on Monday for downloading the surveillance camera images, which violated the school’s technology use policy.

Lefton first came under suspicion Feb. 7, when Carmel High School officials contacted police. Those officials had received an anonymous complaint about Lefton, said Libbie Conner, assistant superintendent for human resources at Carmel Clay Schools.

“A parent outside of Carmel . . . was questioning messages that her daughter . . . had been receiving through Facebook,” Conner said.

The mother determined the messages on the online social networking site were coming from Lefton, Conner said. Neither the mother nor the 14-year-old girl is from Carmel.
“We immediately notified the police, because we are always going to err on the side of student safety,” Conner said.

Lefton was arrested about noon Thursday after he went to the Carmel Police Department for questioning, Smith said.

“There was more than one computer found in his possession (at his home), and they were property of Carmel Clay Schools,” she added.

The school district began its own investigation and placed Lefton on paid leave Feb. 7. He had worked at the high school for five years as a computer technician.
“He violated our technology use policy,” Conner said. “He actually downloaded some footage of Carmel students from one of our other (surveillance) systems and sent them to his home computer.”

Lefton downloaded images of two female students from surveillance camera recordings. The cameras are installed in the high school’s hallways and locker areas, Conner said. The school has contacted the girls and their parents.

“There was nothing pornographic or anything wrong with those, but the fact that he had done that for whatever reason and transferred them to his home computer, that’s a violation of our policy,” she said.

Because Lefton didn’t teach a class, he didn’t interact with students on a daily basis, Conner said. He sometimes had contact with students while trouble-shooting in computer labs, she said.
“Our number one priority is to protect the safety of the students,” Conner said. “We certainly cooperated with police. . . . We are so regretful that something like this happened.”

Lefton remained in the Hamilton County Jail on a $30,000 bond Thursday night. If found guilty of the six charges, he would face a maximum of 18 years in prison.

An initial court hearing was set for 1:15 p.m. today in a Hamilton County magistrate court.
The Fishers-based Hamilton County Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force and Carmel Police Department conducted the investigation.

Published in: on February 15, 2008 at 5:57 pm  Leave a Comment  

James Lefton – Carmel High School Teacher stole kids pictures off surveillance cameras PERVERT


A Carmel High School computer technician who was fired this week for downloading images of girls from high school surveillance cameras was arrested after police said they found child pornography on a school-owned computer at his home.

James Lefton, 36, Carmel, will appear in a Hamilton County court today for an initial hearing on six felony charges of child exploitation. The charges stem from six pornographic images of children, none of whom was a Carmel student, that were found on a computer in his home, said Hamilton County Deputy Prosecutor Stephanie Smith.

School officials had fired Lefton on Monday for downloading the surveillance camera images, which violated the school’s technology use policy.

Lefton first came under suspicion Feb. 7, when Carmel High School officials contacted police. Those officials had received an anonymous complaint about Lefton, said Libbie Conner, assistant superintendent for human resources at Carmel Clay Schools.

“A parent outside of Carmel . . . was questioning messages that her daughter . . . had been receiving through Facebook,” Conner said.

The mother determined the messages on the online social networking site were coming from Lefton, Conner said. Neither the mother nor the 14-year-old girl is from Carmel.
“We immediately notified the police, because we are always going to err on the side of student safety,” Conner said.

Lefton was arrested about noon Thursday after he went to the Carmel Police Department for questioning, Smith said.

“There was more than one computer found in his possession (at his home), and they were property of Carmel Clay Schools,” she added.

The school district began its own investigation and placed Lefton on paid leave Feb. 7. He had worked at the high school for five years as a computer technician.
“He violated our technology use policy,” Conner said. “He actually downloaded some footage of Carmel students from one of our other (surveillance) systems and sent them to his home computer.”

Lefton downloaded images of two female students from surveillance camera recordings. The cameras are installed in the high school’s hallways and locker areas, Conner said. The school has contacted the girls and their parents.

“There was nothing pornographic or anything wrong with those, but the fact that he had done that for whatever reason and transferred them to his home computer, that’s a violation of our policy,” she said.

Because Lefton didn’t teach a class, he didn’t interact with students on a daily basis, Conner said. He sometimes had contact with students while trouble-shooting in computer labs, she said.
“Our number one priority is to protect the safety of the students,” Conner said. “We certainly cooperated with police. . . . We are so regretful that something like this happened.”

Lefton remained in the Hamilton County Jail on a $30,000 bond Thursday night. If found guilty of the six charges, he would face a maximum of 18 years in prison.

An initial court hearing was set for 1:15 p.m. today in a Hamilton County magistrate court.
The Fishers-based Hamilton County Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force and Carmel Police Department conducted the investigation.

Published in: on February 15, 2008 at 5:57 pm  Leave a Comment  

Ernest Edward Hansen – Repeat Sex Offender – Receives 7th Conviction for Child Sexual Abuse

Sarah Tofte of the Human Rights Watch says 25% of all sex offenders
re-offend within 15 years

His previous convictions include:

288(a) LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS ACTS WITH CHILD UNDER 14 YEARS
288a ORAL COPULATION
288a(a) ORAL COPULATION
288a(c) ORAL COPULATION WITH PERSON UNDER 14/ETC OR BY FORCE/ETC
f288(c) ATTEMPTED LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS ACTS WITH CHILD 14 OR 15 YEARS OLD
f288(c) LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS ACTS WITH CHILD 14 OR 15 YEARS OLD


VICTORVILLE, Calif.—An 86-year-old three-strikes defendant has been convicted of possession of child pornography.

Ernest Edward Hansen faces 25 years to life in prison because of California’s three-strikes law. Child porn possession usually carries a maximum three years in prison.

The 86-year-old El Mirage man, who was convicted by a Victorville jury on Wednesday, had six prior convictions for child sex abuse.

Hansen will be sentenced March 13.