William Speed – Out of Control Repeat Sex Offender

Speed was convicted in 1996 of molestation of a child and sentenced to a 12-year prison sentence after which he became a Level 3 registered sex offender. He was released on Oct. 5, 2007


A registered sex offender arrested and accused of pulling a 4-year-old from a jungle gym and trying to sexually assault her yelled “kill me now” as witnesses held him, newly released police documents said.

Police said William Speed, who had been out of prison for just 71 days at the time of the December attack, pulled the girl from a jungle gym at University Park, then pinned her down.

Moments later, witnesses and family members heard the girl screaming and ran over to help.

Just released court documents show one witness, a woman at the park, yelled, “Get off of her, get off of her!” and tried but couldn’t break the man’s grip.

She said he remained focused on the girl and “never said a word during the whole incident,” police documents said.

Another witness, a man, then grabbed the attacker and put him in a half nelson, holding him down until police got there.

He said the attacker kept repeating, “You might as well kill me now.”

Speed was arrested and booked on a charge of sexual conduct with a minor.

Speed was convicted in 1996 of molestation of a child and sentenced to a 12-year prison sentence after which he became a Level 3 registered sex offender. He was released on Oct. 5, 2007

William Speed – Out of Control Repeat Sex Offender

Speed was convicted in 1996 of molestation of a child and sentenced to a 12-year prison sentence after which he became a Level 3 registered sex offender. He was released on Oct. 5, 2007


A registered sex offender arrested and accused of pulling a 4-year-old from a jungle gym and trying to sexually assault her yelled “kill me now” as witnesses held him, newly released police documents said.

Police said William Speed, who had been out of prison for just 71 days at the time of the December attack, pulled the girl from a jungle gym at University Park, then pinned her down.

Moments later, witnesses and family members heard the girl screaming and ran over to help.

Just released court documents show one witness, a woman at the park, yelled, “Get off of her, get off of her!” and tried but couldn’t break the man’s grip.

She said he remained focused on the girl and “never said a word during the whole incident,” police documents said.

Another witness, a man, then grabbed the attacker and put him in a half nelson, holding him down until police got there.

He said the attacker kept repeating, “You might as well kill me now.”

Speed was arrested and booked on a charge of sexual conduct with a minor.

Speed was convicted in 1996 of molestation of a child and sentenced to a 12-year prison sentence after which he became a Level 3 registered sex offender. He was released on Oct. 5, 2007

William Speed – Out of Control Repeat Sex Offender

Speed was convicted in 1996 of molestation of a child and sentenced to a 12-year prison sentence after which he became a Level 3 registered sex offender. He was released on Oct. 5, 2007


A registered sex offender arrested and accused of pulling a 4-year-old from a jungle gym and trying to sexually assault her yelled “kill me now” as witnesses held him, newly released police documents said.

Police said William Speed, who had been out of prison for just 71 days at the time of the December attack, pulled the girl from a jungle gym at University Park, then pinned her down.

Moments later, witnesses and family members heard the girl screaming and ran over to help.

Just released court documents show one witness, a woman at the park, yelled, “Get off of her, get off of her!” and tried but couldn’t break the man’s grip.

She said he remained focused on the girl and “never said a word during the whole incident,” police documents said.

Another witness, a man, then grabbed the attacker and put him in a half nelson, holding him down until police got there.

He said the attacker kept repeating, “You might as well kill me now.”

Speed was arrested and booked on a charge of sexual conduct with a minor.

Speed was convicted in 1996 of molestation of a child and sentenced to a 12-year prison sentence after which he became a Level 3 registered sex offender. He was released on Oct. 5, 2007

William Speed – Out of Control Repeat Sex Offender

Speed was convicted in 1996 of molestation of a child and sentenced to a 12-year prison sentence after which he became a Level 3 registered sex offender. He was released on Oct. 5, 2007


A registered sex offender arrested and accused of pulling a 4-year-old from a jungle gym and trying to sexually assault her yelled “kill me now” as witnesses held him, newly released police documents said.

Police said William Speed, who had been out of prison for just 71 days at the time of the December attack, pulled the girl from a jungle gym at University Park, then pinned her down.

Moments later, witnesses and family members heard the girl screaming and ran over to help.

Just released court documents show one witness, a woman at the park, yelled, “Get off of her, get off of her!” and tried but couldn’t break the man’s grip.

She said he remained focused on the girl and “never said a word during the whole incident,” police documents said.

Another witness, a man, then grabbed the attacker and put him in a half nelson, holding him down until police got there.

He said the attacker kept repeating, “You might as well kill me now.”

Speed was arrested and booked on a charge of sexual conduct with a minor.

Speed was convicted in 1996 of molestation of a child and sentenced to a 12-year prison sentence after which he became a Level 3 registered sex offender. He was released on Oct. 5, 2007

Kevin Sheffler – Child Pornography and Child Molestation


More charges could be filed against a Pompano Beach accused of possessing child pornography.

Kevin Sheffler was arrested in Pasco County on Friday by agents from the Florida Attorney General’s CyberCrime unit and investigators from the Broward Sheriff’s Office. During questioning, Sheffler reportedly admitted to sexually molesting a 7-year old child.

“Every day we see more people who are sexually abusing and exploiting children through child pornography being arrested and held accountable for their actions. This case also shows that child pornography investigations can and do lead to the identification of victims who otherwise may never have been rescued from these unspeakable crimes,” said Attorney General McCollum. “I am determined to fight the epidemic abuse of children through the internet, and I encourage all Floridians to share my outrage and commitment.”

The state CyberCrimes unit said they began investigating Sheffler after finding his stash of child pornography online. They were then able to trace the images back to his computer. A search of Sheffler’s Pompano Beach home uncovered more images of child pornography.

“No crimes are more sickening and deplorable than the ones that target children,” said Broward County Sheriff Al Lamberti. “These offenders need to know that all the agencies of Florida are working together to find them, arrest them and put them in prison.”

Sheffler is facing 16 counts of possessing images depicting the sexual performance of a child which are second-degree felonies that carry a maximum penalty of 15 years per count. If convicted, he faces up to 240 years in prison.

Published in: on February 11, 2008 at 6:44 pm  Leave a Comment  

Kevin Sheffler – Child Pornography and Child Molestation


More charges could be filed against a Pompano Beach accused of possessing child pornography.

Kevin Sheffler was arrested in Pasco County on Friday by agents from the Florida Attorney General’s CyberCrime unit and investigators from the Broward Sheriff’s Office. During questioning, Sheffler reportedly admitted to sexually molesting a 7-year old child.

“Every day we see more people who are sexually abusing and exploiting children through child pornography being arrested and held accountable for their actions. This case also shows that child pornography investigations can and do lead to the identification of victims who otherwise may never have been rescued from these unspeakable crimes,” said Attorney General McCollum. “I am determined to fight the epidemic abuse of children through the internet, and I encourage all Floridians to share my outrage and commitment.”

The state CyberCrimes unit said they began investigating Sheffler after finding his stash of child pornography online. They were then able to trace the images back to his computer. A search of Sheffler’s Pompano Beach home uncovered more images of child pornography.

“No crimes are more sickening and deplorable than the ones that target children,” said Broward County Sheriff Al Lamberti. “These offenders need to know that all the agencies of Florida are working together to find them, arrest them and put them in prison.”

Sheffler is facing 16 counts of possessing images depicting the sexual performance of a child which are second-degree felonies that carry a maximum penalty of 15 years per count. If convicted, he faces up to 240 years in prison.

Published in: on February 11, 2008 at 6:44 pm  Leave a Comment  

William Anthony McCafferty – Repeat Sex Offender

Scales of Justice

A former milkman who has just served 12 years for sex offences against children in the 1980s has been jailed for a further two-and-a-half years.

William Anthony McCafferty, 61, admitted a further 18 offences against a girl during the same period.

McCafferty, originally from Marlborough Street, Londonderry, was due for release from HMP Maghaberry last month.

The victim went to police in 2003 when she heard McCafferty had been jailed for sex offences involving children.

Because of staff shortages, McCafferty was not questioned about her allegations until two years later, when he made a full admission.

He pleaded guilty to 18 charges of indecent assault and gross indecency against the girl from 1985 to 1989, when she was aged between 13 and 16.

Judge Desmond Marrinan told McCafferty he had “clearly damaged other people’s lives very seriously”.

McCafferty will remain on licence until at least 2014.

He was also warned he will remain on the Sex Offenders Register for life.

Published in: on February 11, 2008 at 6:27 pm  Leave a Comment  

Christopher Streckenbach – Repeat Sex Offender – Multiple Victims


A sex offender who once lived in a duplex owned by the Brown County sheriff is back in jail, now that police say he sexually assaulted two underage girls — the same crime he committed seven years ago.

Late Friday afternoon, the district attorney filed more charges against Christopher Streckenbach.

Ashwaubenon police say he sexually assaulted a 15-year-old girl and had sex with another 15-year-old.

Streckenbach was back in court Friday. Originally he was charged with sexually assaulting a 15-year-old runaway. According to court documents, a friend of that girl came forward claiming Streckenbach molested her, too.

Charges against Streckenbach include three counts of second-degree sexual assault of a child under 16, eight counts of a registered sex offender intentionally photographing a minor without consent, and false imprisonment.

Police arrested him in early January. He’s in jail on $200,000 bail.

He had been on probation, living in a duplex on Dousman Street. He moved in before the city passed an ordinance restricting where sex offenders can live.

In a written statement, Sheriff Dennis Kocken, who was Streckenbach’s landlord, said he knew he was renting to a registered sex offender.

“I gave him a second chance but he failed,” Kocken wrote. “I empathize for his family, especially his son and daughter, who also felt that he was on the right track as a parent. I feel bad for the misguided teenager who was solicited by my tenant.”

Streckenbach no longer lives on Dousman Street and the sheriff has a “For Rent” sign up.

Streckenbach is due back in court next Friday.

Christopher Streckenbach – Repeat Sex Offender – Multiple Victims


A sex offender who once lived in a duplex owned by the Brown County sheriff is back in jail, now that police say he sexually assaulted two underage girls — the same crime he committed seven years ago.

Late Friday afternoon, the district attorney filed more charges against Christopher Streckenbach.

Ashwaubenon police say he sexually assaulted a 15-year-old girl and had sex with another 15-year-old.

Streckenbach was back in court Friday. Originally he was charged with sexually assaulting a 15-year-old runaway. According to court documents, a friend of that girl came forward claiming Streckenbach molested her, too.

Charges against Streckenbach include three counts of second-degree sexual assault of a child under 16, eight counts of a registered sex offender intentionally photographing a minor without consent, and false imprisonment.

Police arrested him in early January. He’s in jail on $200,000 bail.

He had been on probation, living in a duplex on Dousman Street. He moved in before the city passed an ordinance restricting where sex offenders can live.

In a written statement, Sheriff Dennis Kocken, who was Streckenbach’s landlord, said he knew he was renting to a registered sex offender.

“I gave him a second chance but he failed,” Kocken wrote. “I empathize for his family, especially his son and daughter, who also felt that he was on the right track as a parent. I feel bad for the misguided teenager who was solicited by my tenant.”

Streckenbach no longer lives on Dousman Street and the sheriff has a “For Rent” sign up.

Streckenbach is due back in court next Friday.

Steven Michael Conklin – Repeat Sex Offender

Originally convicted for
LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS ACTS WITH CHILD UNDER 14 YEARS W/FORCE


A convicted sex offender being held on charges that include failing to register as a sex offender and possession of child pornography could spend the rest of his life in jail if convicted.

Steven Michael Conklin, 44, of West Covina, is being held in lieu of $1,000,000 bail at Men’s Central Jail in Los Angeles. He was located by U.S. federal agents in the Ukraine, where he had been staying with a female friend, authorities said.

Deputy District Attorney Robert Serna said he is not aware of any crimes committed overseas. He said Conklin returned to West Covina voluntarily and turned himself in to police after learning of his arrest warrant.

His next court date is Feb. 22.

Published in: on February 11, 2008 at 6:13 pm  Leave a Comment