Bishop Frederick Kelley – Repeat Sex Offender with a history of rape spanning 35 years

“25% of sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
…..says Sarah Tofte

A Decatur pastor faces at least 25 years in prison after being convicted of aggravated sexual battery and child molestation of his 15-year-old foster child, authorities said.

DeKalb County prosecutors contend Bishop Frederick Kelley, who headed Greater New Macedonia Church of God in Christ, had a history of child molestation and rape involving family members going back 35 years.

Kelley has vehemently proclaimed his innocence.

He was in the DeKalb jail Sunday awaiting a sentencing date after a jury found him guilty Friday of two counts of sexual battery and four counts of child molestation.

The minimum sentence is 25 years. The jury acquitted him of rape.

Kelley was arrested in January 2007 on charges of rape and molestation involving a 15-year-old foster girl in his house.

The pastor proclaimed his innocence in a TV news broadcast.

The newscast prompted three of his relatives to tell police that he molested or raped them years before, said Peter Boehm, the DeKalb prosecutor who handled the case.

“They had thought he stopped — or ‘hoped,’ I guess, is the better way to say it,” Boehm said.

Attempts to reach the Kelley family for comment were unsuccessful Sunday.

Boehm introduced four other child molestation cases, involving Kelley’s family members and another foster child, during the eight-day trial in Superior Court that ended Friday.

The first case involved a family member who was 12 years old when the incident allegedly occurred in 1972, Boehm said.

The woman testified at the trial that she awoke one night and found Kelley on top of her. She shoved him off, and Kelley “pretended to be sleepwalking,” Boehm said.

Another family member testified that the pastor impregnated her in 1979, when she was 15.

DeKalb prosecutor Boehm alleges that in 1993, Kelley molested the daughter of the first victim.

Kelley eventually targeted foster children he and his wife supported, Boehm said.

Besides the 15-year-old who filed the charges for which Kelley was prosecuted, another foster daughter, age 14, testified the defendant inappropriately touched her when he came into her bedroom one night in 2006 but claimed to be “praying over her.”

Kelley’s wife testified that her husband was guilty only of an adulterous affair with the girl who became pregnant in 1979.

The Kelleys raised the baby he fathered as their own child, Boehm said.

That affair was the only sexual misconduct Kelley and his wife acknowledged, Boehm said.

“They denied all the others,” he said.

Published in: on February 27, 2008 at 6:38 pm  Leave a Comment  

Leroy Hobson – Repeat Sex Offender

“25% of sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
…..says Sarah Tofte


On February 25, 2008 shortly after 5 p.m., a Lexington police officer was involved in a shooting while investigating a complaint of a subject for contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Police have charged 24 year-old Leroy Hobson of 1566 Ballsville Road, Powhatan, Virginia with the following offenses: possession of a loaded weapon, brandishing a firearm, felony assault on a police officer, possession of a firearm after being convicted of a violent crime, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony and attempted capital murder.

Lexington Police Chief Steve Crowder said that while being confronted by police, Hobson jumped out an apartment window located at 308 McLaughlin Street carrying a rifle.

After a short foot pursuit, Hobson fell, dropping the gun. The suspect then got up, retrieved the weapon and turned toward the officer, and after refusing to stop and drop his weapon, the officer fired his weapon at the suspect. It was unclear at the scene if the suspect had been shot or was injured when he fell down an embankment into a creek near the law offices of Tommy Spencer and Lee Taylor.

Hobson was taken into custody and transported to Stonewall Jackson Hospital where he was treated for a head injury, and it was later determined that he was not struck by the officer’s bullets.

Lexington Police are now conducting an internal review after the incident, part of its procedures in such cases. The officer who fired at the suspect will not be identified until the internal review is completed, said Crowder.

Hobson was recently released from prison, is registered in Virginia as a Violent Sex Offender, and is now being held without bond at the Rockbridge Regional Jail.

He is no stranger to law enforcement. On July 30, 2001, he was convicted of forcible sodomy in Powhatan Circuit Court. Prior to that time he was employed as a construction worker with J. Williams Constructin Company in Cumberland, Virginia.

Published in: on February 27, 2008 at 7:32 am  Leave a Comment  

Leroy Hobson – Repeat Sex Offender

“25% of sex offenders re-offend within 15 years”
…..says Sarah Tofte


On February 25, 2008 shortly after 5 p.m., a Lexington police officer was involved in a shooting while investigating a complaint of a subject for contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Police have charged 24 year-old Leroy Hobson of 1566 Ballsville Road, Powhatan, Virginia with the following offenses: possession of a loaded weapon, brandishing a firearm, felony assault on a police officer, possession of a firearm after being convicted of a violent crime, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony and attempted capital murder.

Lexington Police Chief Steve Crowder said that while being confronted by police, Hobson jumped out an apartment window located at 308 McLaughlin Street carrying a rifle.

After a short foot pursuit, Hobson fell, dropping the gun. The suspect then got up, retrieved the weapon and turned toward the officer, and after refusing to stop and drop his weapon, the officer fired his weapon at the suspect. It was unclear at the scene if the suspect had been shot or was injured when he fell down an embankment into a creek near the law offices of Tommy Spencer and Lee Taylor.

Hobson was taken into custody and transported to Stonewall Jackson Hospital where he was treated for a head injury, and it was later determined that he was not struck by the officer’s bullets.

Lexington Police are now conducting an internal review after the incident, part of its procedures in such cases. The officer who fired at the suspect will not be identified until the internal review is completed, said Crowder.

Hobson was recently released from prison, is registered in Virginia as a Violent Sex Offender, and is now being held without bond at the Rockbridge Regional Jail.

He is no stranger to law enforcement. On July 30, 2001, he was convicted of forcible sodomy in Powhatan Circuit Court. Prior to that time he was employed as a construction worker with J. Williams Constructin Company in Cumberland, Virginia.

Published in: on February 27, 2008 at 7:32 am  Leave a Comment  

Irene Hunt – allowed son to be sexually abused


Irene Hunt, the common-law wife of a self-styled religious leader, has been sentenced to 14 years in prison for transporting her 7-year-old son to have sex with an adult.

Hunt’s common-law husband, 60-year-old Allen Harrod of Sacramento, was found guilty earlier this month of transporting minors for sexual activity.

He was accused of engaging in ritualistic sex acts with children from two families for more than a decade as part of a religion he claimed to have started. One of his followers, 48-year-old Michael Labrecque, also was previously convicted.

Hunt, 53, already was in state prison, serving 20 years and eight months on child sex abuse charges. She then pleaded guilty to additional charges of transporting her son to Texas to have sex with another of Harrod’s followers, Juliette Labrecque, who was then 33.

Hunt agreed to cooperate with prosecutors and testified against Harrod and Labrecque. U.S. District Judge William B. Shubb ordered her sentence to run concurrently with the remaining 14 years she has yet to serve on the state prison sentence.

Jurors deadlocked on charges against Labrecque, leading Shubb to declare a mistrial in her case.

The crimes stemmed from a religion that was created by Harrod and that encouraged sex with children to promote their maturation. Shubb said the professed religion was nothing more than a rationale for child sexual abuse.

Harrod is serving two life terms plus 62 years in California state prison on multiple molestation charges. He and Michael Labrecque are scheduled to be sentenced April 21 on the federal charges. They face up to life in prison.

Prosecutors said the crimes were committed between 1991 and 2002.

Published in: on February 27, 2008 at 7:20 am  Leave a Comment  

Irene Hunt – allowed son to be sexually abused


Irene Hunt, the common-law wife of a self-styled religious leader, has been sentenced to 14 years in prison for transporting her 7-year-old son to have sex with an adult.

Hunt’s common-law husband, 60-year-old Allen Harrod of Sacramento, was found guilty earlier this month of transporting minors for sexual activity.

He was accused of engaging in ritualistic sex acts with children from two families for more than a decade as part of a religion he claimed to have started. One of his followers, 48-year-old Michael Labrecque, also was previously convicted.

Hunt, 53, already was in state prison, serving 20 years and eight months on child sex abuse charges. She then pleaded guilty to additional charges of transporting her son to Texas to have sex with another of Harrod’s followers, Juliette Labrecque, who was then 33.

Hunt agreed to cooperate with prosecutors and testified against Harrod and Labrecque. U.S. District Judge William B. Shubb ordered her sentence to run concurrently with the remaining 14 years she has yet to serve on the state prison sentence.

Jurors deadlocked on charges against Labrecque, leading Shubb to declare a mistrial in her case.

The crimes stemmed from a religion that was created by Harrod and that encouraged sex with children to promote their maturation. Shubb said the professed religion was nothing more than a rationale for child sexual abuse.

Harrod is serving two life terms plus 62 years in California state prison on multiple molestation charges. He and Michael Labrecque are scheduled to be sentenced April 21 on the federal charges. They face up to life in prison.

Prosecutors said the crimes were committed between 1991 and 2002.

Published in: on February 27, 2008 at 7:20 am  Comments (17)  

Genaro Hernandez – Child Predator – Candy Man


Police have charged an East Austin man with two counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child, and they say there may be more victims out there.

The sounds of children playing Monday were muffled by shocking news to East Austin neighbors and parents.

“I just don’t see how people just do that to children,” said Latisha Toran.

The playground at the Booker T. Washington Apartments in East Austin is in direct view of the apartment where police say Genaro Hernandez, 62, currently lives. He’s an accused child predator.

“He went by the name of ‘Candy Man’ or ‘Generator’ and he used to sell candy and pickles to the kids in the neighborhood,” said Sgt. Brian Loyd, Austin Police Department.

The allegations stem from 1999 when police say Hernandez lived at the Rosewood Apartments in East Austin.

Two sisters, now ages 13 and 14, recently came forward about being assaulted by Hernandez. Police say the older sister, was the first victim. She was 6-years-old when she went to his apartment to buy candy.

“While she was at his residence, he had her undress and he sexually assaulted her,” said Loyd.

Several days later, police say the same thing happened to the girl’s 5-year-old sister.

“Its a shock. It really is. He was more to himself always and his wife,” said Alma Lara, neighbor.

Hernandez’s current neighbors at the Booker T. Washington Apartments were surprised to hear the news.

“He was nice, but you can’t trust nobody now these days,” said Lara.

“You just never know what’s in people’s mind — no matter how good they are to you,” said Toran.

Joshua Peterson lives next door.

“He lives by the park.. Not even 50 feet (away),” Peterson said.

Police say it’s common for children to wait years to report crimes like this because of embarrassment or they feel it’s their fault.

Investigators hope, if there are more victims out there, they will come forward.

If convicted, Hernandez faces a minimum of 10 years on the first degree felony charges.

Published in: on February 27, 2008 at 7:14 am  Leave a Comment  

Genaro Hernandez – Child Predator – Candy Man


Police have charged an East Austin man with two counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child, and they say there may be more victims out there.

The sounds of children playing Monday were muffled by shocking news to East Austin neighbors and parents.

“I just don’t see how people just do that to children,” said Latisha Toran.

The playground at the Booker T. Washington Apartments in East Austin is in direct view of the apartment where police say Genaro Hernandez, 62, currently lives. He’s an accused child predator.

“He went by the name of ‘Candy Man’ or ‘Generator’ and he used to sell candy and pickles to the kids in the neighborhood,” said Sgt. Brian Loyd, Austin Police Department.

The allegations stem from 1999 when police say Hernandez lived at the Rosewood Apartments in East Austin.

Two sisters, now ages 13 and 14, recently came forward about being assaulted by Hernandez. Police say the older sister, was the first victim. She was 6-years-old when she went to his apartment to buy candy.

“While she was at his residence, he had her undress and he sexually assaulted her,” said Loyd.

Several days later, police say the same thing happened to the girl’s 5-year-old sister.

“Its a shock. It really is. He was more to himself always and his wife,” said Alma Lara, neighbor.

Hernandez’s current neighbors at the Booker T. Washington Apartments were surprised to hear the news.

“He was nice, but you can’t trust nobody now these days,” said Lara.

“You just never know what’s in people’s mind — no matter how good they are to you,” said Toran.

Joshua Peterson lives next door.

“He lives by the park.. Not even 50 feet (away),” Peterson said.

Police say it’s common for children to wait years to report crimes like this because of embarrassment or they feel it’s their fault.

Investigators hope, if there are more victims out there, they will come forward.

If convicted, Hernandez faces a minimum of 10 years on the first degree felony charges.

Published in: on February 27, 2008 at 7:14 am  Leave a Comment  

Roger Dwight Williams – Indicted on 20 counts felony rape against children


Scott County Sheriff Anthony Lay said Tuesday that a man has been indicted and arrested on 20 counts of felony rape against children, as well as charges of kidnapping and aggravated sexual battery.

Roger Dwight Williams, who has residences in both Scott and Morgan counties, is accused of abusing six different children, both boys and girls.

Sheriff Lay says the investigation is ongoing, and more charges may be filed. He also said authorities are looking into the possibility that Williams may have been part of a pedophile ring.

The crimes were committed between 2002 and 2007, and authorities began their investigation in December 2007.

Williams will be arraigned April 7.

Published in: on February 27, 2008 at 6:55 am  Leave a Comment  

Roger Dwight Williams – Indicted on 20 counts felony rape against children


Scott County Sheriff Anthony Lay said Tuesday that a man has been indicted and arrested on 20 counts of felony rape against children, as well as charges of kidnapping and aggravated sexual battery.

Roger Dwight Williams, who has residences in both Scott and Morgan counties, is accused of abusing six different children, both boys and girls.

Sheriff Lay says the investigation is ongoing, and more charges may be filed. He also said authorities are looking into the possibility that Williams may have been part of a pedophile ring.

The crimes were committed between 2002 and 2007, and authorities began their investigation in December 2007.

Williams will be arraigned April 7.

Published in: on February 27, 2008 at 6:55 am  Leave a Comment  

Dead Children Discovered at Pedophiles House

Police are excavating at a former children’s home on the Channel Island of Jersey after finding a child’s remains there.

Jersey’s Deputy Chief Police Officer Lenny Harper says information from a child abuse investigation led officers to the remains. He says officers fear other bodies may be hidden on the grounds of the children’s home, which closed in 1986.

He says police don’t not know whether the remains were male or female, but an expert confirmed they did not belong to an adult.

Harper says the investigation began in November when a number of former staff members were arrested on suspicion of pedophile crimes.

Jersey’s Chief Minister Frank Walker says he felt “deep horror and sadness” at the discovery in St. Martin on the island’s east coast.

Published in: on February 27, 2008 at 6:50 am  Leave a Comment