Monte Whitehead – Every child’s worst nightmare – Pleads Guilty

A former Carlsbad veterinarian was sentenced to 25 years in prison Friday for multiple sex crimes involving a young female family member.

Monte Whitehead, 37, of Comanche Road, earlier agreed to a plea agreement with the district attorney’s office under which he admitted to one count of criminal sexual contact and four counts of criminal sexual penetration of a minor. He was originally charged with 53 separate sex crimes. The remaining charges were dismissed as part of the plea agreement.

Whitehead was placed under a suicide watch later Friday at the Eddy County Detention Center after a short-lived escape from the facility.

District Judge Don Maddox sentenced Whitehead to 15 years on the first count and 15 years each for the remaining four counts for a total of 75 years, before suspending all but 25 years.

Deputy District Attorney D’Ann Read said she supported Maddox’s decision.

“I am glad the court gave him the 25 years,” she said. “We felt the 25 years was sufficient.”

During her statements to the court at the sentencing, the victim, now a teenager, said Whitehead was every child’s worst nightmare.

“He began conditioning me when I was 8 years old,” she said. “He would leave porn around for me to see, have videos playing when my mom left the house.”

She said that during a four-year period, starting when she was 12, he began to have sex with her every day.

“He picked me up from school every day, and he would threaten me if I wanted to stop,” she said.

The victim also said that Whitehead tried to control every part of her life. At one point a microphone was found under her bed. She said Whitehead had been using it to tape all the phone conversations she had.

Capt. Jim Ballard, who led the investigation for the Eddy County Sheriff’s Department, said in his 19 years with the department this was the worse case he had seen that did not end in someone’s death.

“What is overlooked because of a sexual crime is the imprisonment of this child,” he said. “She was imprisoned in her own house, and her windows were screwed shut. It is unspeakable. There is not a word out of her mouth today that I don’t believe.”

After the victim and several others spoke, Whitehead then stood and apologized to his family and the victim for the shame he had caused them, while the victim looked on, shaking her head in the negative.

“We obviously would have liked less time in jail than the judge gave, but he reviewed the case extensively and I appreciate that,” said Whitehead’s attorney, Gary Mitchell.

Whitehead has been incarcerated at the county jail for the last two years while he was awaiting his trial and sentencing. He was held on a $1 million cash only bond.

Anthony Kroeger – Absconder Child Molester – Captured


A Southern Tier man faces a new charge after he was found on the run from sexual abuse charges.

Police say 48-year old Anthony Kroeger faces a bail jumping charge, after he was found earlier this month in Georgia. He was wanted on 20 counts of child sexual abuse.

Police say he failed to appear in Steuben County Court on charges including production of child pornography and use of children for sexual performance.

Kroeger is behind bars without bail. He’ll be in court February 8. If he’s convicted of all the charges he could face 33 to 165 years in prison.

Anthony Kroeger – Absconder Child Molester – Captured


A Southern Tier man faces a new charge after he was found on the run from sexual abuse charges.

Police say 48-year old Anthony Kroeger faces a bail jumping charge, after he was found earlier this month in Georgia. He was wanted on 20 counts of child sexual abuse.

Police say he failed to appear in Steuben County Court on charges including production of child pornography and use of children for sexual performance.

Kroeger is behind bars without bail. He’ll be in court February 8. If he’s convicted of all the charges he could face 33 to 165 years in prison.

William Irey – Guilty Child Pornography Production

An Orlando man has been sentenced to 17 ½ years in federal prison and supervised release for life for producing child pornography.

William Irey, 50, a former building contractor for Walt Disney World, pleaded guilty in July, 2006, admitting that he had traveled to Cambodia and took digital photos of himself having sex with children as young as four years old.


Agents seized over 1,200 images of child pornography from his computer. The pictures taken by the defendant were of numerous children performing sex acts with and on him and other children in front of a pink wall. The series of pictures of abuse became known as the “Pink Wall Series” as they were distributed worldwide over the Internet by the defendant.

The defendant victimized over 50 children over the past six years,
according to court records.
Published in: on January 31, 2008 at 7:36 pm  Leave a Comment  

Junior Carrion – Repeat Sex Offender – WANTED


A 28-year-old registered sex offender is wanted by New Castle County police for allegedly assaulting a pregnant woman and then stealing her cell phone and ripping a phone cord from the wall to prevent her from calling 9-1-1.

Junior Carrion, of the first block of Norway Avenue in the Richardson Park community, has been charged with felony assault to a pregnant woman, failure to re-register as a sex offender, theft, two counts of criminal mischief and malicious interference with a 9-1-1 call.

Officers responded to the Carrion’s residence at about 11:45 p.m. Wednesday, where the victim told police that Carrion had just assaulted her, then ripped the phone cord from the wall and stole her cell phone, said county police spokesman Cpl. Trinidad Navarro.

Carrion also allegedly threw a chair against the wall, putting a large hole in the drywall, before fleeingNavarro said.

The victim had an injury to her eye, which was bruised and swollen, Navarro said.

Investigators learned during the course of the investigation that Carrion had been living at the Norway Avenue address for several weeks, but failed to register his new address; he had previously lived in Newark, Navarro said.

Anyone with information about Carrion’s whereabouts is asked to contact New Castle County police at 395-8171 or http://www.nccpd.com or Crimestoppers at (800) TIP-3333.

Published in: on January 31, 2008 at 6:50 pm  Leave a Comment  

Junior Carrion – Repeat Sex Offender – WANTED


A 28-year-old registered sex offender is wanted by New Castle County police for allegedly assaulting a pregnant woman and then stealing her cell phone and ripping a phone cord from the wall to prevent her from calling 9-1-1.

Junior Carrion, of the first block of Norway Avenue in the Richardson Park community, has been charged with felony assault to a pregnant woman, failure to re-register as a sex offender, theft, two counts of criminal mischief and malicious interference with a 9-1-1 call.

Officers responded to the Carrion’s residence at about 11:45 p.m. Wednesday, where the victim told police that Carrion had just assaulted her, then ripped the phone cord from the wall and stole her cell phone, said county police spokesman Cpl. Trinidad Navarro.

Carrion also allegedly threw a chair against the wall, putting a large hole in the drywall, before fleeingNavarro said.

The victim had an injury to her eye, which was bruised and swollen, Navarro said.

Investigators learned during the course of the investigation that Carrion had been living at the Norway Avenue address for several weeks, but failed to register his new address; he had previously lived in Newark, Navarro said.

Anyone with information about Carrion’s whereabouts is asked to contact New Castle County police at 395-8171 or http://www.nccpd.com or Crimestoppers at (800) TIP-3333.

Published in: on January 31, 2008 at 6:50 pm  Leave a Comment  

John David Hatch, III – Repeat Sex Offender – SCUMBAG


A convicted sex offender was arrested by Sioux Falls police Thursday afternoon after he was allegedly caught exposing his genitals to a young girl, police spokesman Loren McManus said.

John David Hatch, III, 54, on Thursday afternoon was arrested at a home in the 800 block of South Spring Avenue, after the grandfather of a 2-year-old girl allegedly found Hatch on Saturday exposing himself to the girl, who was holding a sex toy, in a shed near the home, McManus said.

The grandfather lives at the home with Hatch, who is the boyfriend of the homeowner, McManus said. The grandfather’s 2-year-old granddaughter and 7-year-old grandson were over visiting on Saturday, he said. Those three, along with Hatch, were watercolor painting in the shed, when the grandfather left to cook food, McManus said.

A few minutes later, he said, the grandfather saw the 7-year-old boy come in to use the bathroom. The grandfather, who told officers he knew Hatch was a registered sex offender, went out to check on his granddaughter, McManus said.

“He goes out to the shed, opens the door, and finds the 2-year-old standing there holding a sex toy and the suspect has his pants down and is exposing his genitals to the 2-year-old,” he said.

The girl and her brother were interviewed, but the girl’s age makes it difficult to determine what exactly happened while she was alone with Hatch in the shed, McManus said.

“At this point we don’t know — and probably will never know — if he actually touched the 2-year-old,” he said. “Because of her young age, she is not able to articulate what may or may not have happened.”

Hatch was arrested for indecent exposure to a child less than 13-years-old, which is a felony, and punishable by two years in prison and a $4,000 fine.

Hatch was convicted in Minnehaha County in 1991 for sexual contact with a 9-year-old girl, McManus said.

It is unclear why the grandfather waited to report the incident, but was speaking with parole services officials and finally reported this incident, McManus said.

John David Hatch, III – Repeat Sex Offender – SCUMBAG


A convicted sex offender was arrested by Sioux Falls police Thursday afternoon after he was allegedly caught exposing his genitals to a young girl, police spokesman Loren McManus said.

John David Hatch, III, 54, on Thursday afternoon was arrested at a home in the 800 block of South Spring Avenue, after the grandfather of a 2-year-old girl allegedly found Hatch on Saturday exposing himself to the girl, who was holding a sex toy, in a shed near the home, McManus said.

The grandfather lives at the home with Hatch, who is the boyfriend of the homeowner, McManus said. The grandfather’s 2-year-old granddaughter and 7-year-old grandson were over visiting on Saturday, he said. Those three, along with Hatch, were watercolor painting in the shed, when the grandfather left to cook food, McManus said.

A few minutes later, he said, the grandfather saw the 7-year-old boy come in to use the bathroom. The grandfather, who told officers he knew Hatch was a registered sex offender, went out to check on his granddaughter, McManus said.

“He goes out to the shed, opens the door, and finds the 2-year-old standing there holding a sex toy and the suspect has his pants down and is exposing his genitals to the 2-year-old,” he said.

The girl and her brother were interviewed, but the girl’s age makes it difficult to determine what exactly happened while she was alone with Hatch in the shed, McManus said.

“At this point we don’t know — and probably will never know — if he actually touched the 2-year-old,” he said. “Because of her young age, she is not able to articulate what may or may not have happened.”

Hatch was arrested for indecent exposure to a child less than 13-years-old, which is a felony, and punishable by two years in prison and a $4,000 fine.

Hatch was convicted in Minnehaha County in 1991 for sexual contact with a 9-year-old girl, McManus said.

It is unclear why the grandfather waited to report the incident, but was speaking with parole services officials and finally reported this incident, McManus said.

Legal Victory for sexually abused children

Legal victory for child abuse man

Sex abuser Neville Husband

Sex abuser Neville Husband was jailed for his offences

A North Yorkshire man who suffered sexual abuse as a child has won the right to sue his tormentors in a landmark ruling by Law Lords.

Kevin Young, now 46, claims he was abused at a Catholic boarding school and then by Neville Husband when he was in a Medomsley detention unit in 1977.

Husband was subsequently jailed for brutal sex attacks on teenage boys.

Mr Young’s lawyers said they will now pursue civil claims against Catholic Care and the Home Office.

Solicitor David Greenwood, who specialises in child abuse cases, and is representing Mr Young, issued a statement after Wednesday’s Law Lords’ ruling.

He said: “We pursued the case of Kevin Young who claimed he was sexually assaulted at a Catholic boarding school and by Neville Husband while Mr Young was serving a short sentence at Medomsley detention centre in 1977.

“Husband, who became a church minister after quitting the prison service, was jailed in 2003 after admitting a string of horrific sex attacks on teenage boys.”

The abuse itself is the reason why so many victims do not come forward until years after the event.

Law Lord Baroness Hale

Jordan’s Solicitors are acting for 10 former inmates at the Medomsley detention centre.

Mr Greenwood added: “Kevin Young was one of the boys most brutally targeted by Husband and in April 2003 lodged a compensation claim against Catholic Care and the Home Office who ran the institutions.

“They tried to block the claim on the grounds that too much time had passed since the attacks took place.”

Law Lord Baroness Hale said that victims of child abuse were often reluctant to report it at the time.

She said: “Until the 1970s people were reluctant to believe that child sexual abuse took place at all.

“The abuse itself is the reason why so many victims do not come forward until years after the event.

“This presents a challenge to a legal system which resists stale claims.

“Six years, let alone three, from reaching the age of majority is not long enough, especially since the age of majority was reduced from 21 to 18.”

Published in: on January 31, 2008 at 4:49 pm  Leave a Comment  

Ronald McDade – Repeat Sex Offender


An accused child rapist is in a Montgomery County courtroom today. Police say 43-year-old Ronald McDade raped a 13 year old girl while he was out on bail. Investigators say the rape happened while the girl was visiting a friend. McDade now faces a slew of charges. He’s being held at Montgomery County Correctional Facility without bail.

Published in: on January 31, 2008 at 4:43 pm  Leave a Comment