American Pedophile Expelled

An American pedophile, 55, who was working as an English teacher here, was expelled Wednesday.

He is the first foreign instructor deported due to having a criminal history back in their home country, not due to a crime he committed here.

The teacher was convicted of possessing video clips of child porn back in America, the Ministry of Justice said. He came here with an E-2 teaching visa but the ministry discovered his criminal activities in his past during the identification process.

In the middle of last month, Thai police arrested a Canadian teacher Christopher Paul Neal, who had worked as an English teacher in Seoul and flew to Bangkok, on charges of child sex abuse.

In the wake of several foreign teachers involving sex offences, narcotics and diploma fabrication, the ministry drafted new regulations to tighten visa requirements for foreign instructors.

According to the regulations, foreigners who apply for teaching visas will have to submit a police background check and must undergo an interview at a Korean consular office.

Published in: on November 8, 2007 at 7:01 pm  Leave a Comment  

Child Molester Gets Life Without Parole


A man who molested a neighbor’s child has been sentenced to life behind bars after a jury found him guilty Wednesday.

Jurors took less than four hours to return a verdict against Richard Gray, 37.

Gray was accused of molesting an eight-year-old child. He was apparently trusted to take care of the girl while the child’s mother worked.

Instead, prosecutors say he sexually assaulted her. The incident took place last November.

Prosecutors say they got him life without parole because because Gray had a previous conviction for assault and battery with intent to kill.

Published in: on November 8, 2007 at 5:51 pm  Leave a Comment  

Child Molester Gets Life Without Parole


A man who molested a neighbor’s child has been sentenced to life behind bars after a jury found him guilty Wednesday.

Jurors took less than four hours to return a verdict against Richard Gray, 37.

Gray was accused of molesting an eight-year-old child. He was apparently trusted to take care of the girl while the child’s mother worked.

Instead, prosecutors say he sexually assaulted her. The incident took place last November.

Prosecutors say they got him life without parole because because Gray had a previous conviction for assault and battery with intent to kill.

Published in: on November 8, 2007 at 5:51 pm  Leave a Comment  

Child molester bought silence with toys and sweets

A child molester who started a string of sick sex attacks on a seven-year-old boy in Battersea is facing years behind bars.

Ernest Fish, 44, who bought his young victims’ silence with toys and sweets, was convicted by an Old Bailey jury of 14 counts of abuse on three youngsters over a ten year period.

The abuse only came to light when his second victim spotted him in the street years later and told her mum.

Fish began abusing his first victim in 1991, getting in to the bath with him and fondling him.

Prosecutor Jane Carpenter called the incident a “pre-cursor to what was to follow” with Fish assessing any degree of resistance.

A number of other sexual assaults then took place over the course of seven years, with Fish saying he would buy the boy a treat. It ended when the victim told his abuser to “f*ck off”.

Afterwards Fish turned his attention to a seven-year-old girl, showing her porn films and “rubbing himself” against her.

He also bathed with her and asked her for sex.

The girl’s 10-year-old friend witnessed the behaviour and was also sexually abused by Fish when she called at his flat.

The abuse ended when the girl turned 15 and refused his demands.

The boy then came forward once the investigation began.

Fish, of Trevor Close, Isleworth, was arrested on October 20 last year but denied all allegations both during interview and at court.

He was convicted of six charges of indecent assault and two counts of buggery against the boy between November 30, 1991 and December 21, 1997.

He was found guilty of five charges of indecent assault against the girl between 1997 and 2000.

He was also convicted of indecently assaulting the girl’s friend and is due to be sentenced tomorrow.

Jane Bruccoleri
Published in: on November 8, 2007 at 4:57 pm  Leave a Comment  

Alleged child molester apparently flees


Sheriff’s detectives are searching for a man wanted on multiple child-molestation charges, spokesman Sgt. Tim Curran said.

Authorities issued a $750,000 warrant Monday for Richard Torres, 37.

Torres had made arrangements with detectives to surrender Wednesday but failed to show up. When authorities checked his home in the 7500 block of Cedar Drive, they discovered he had packed his belongings and left.

Torres is described as white, 5-foot-9 and 200 pounds. He has brown hair and hazel eyes.

Anyone with information about Torres’ whereabouts is asked to call detectives at (916) 874-5115, or Crime Alert at (916) 443-4357. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.

Chelsea Phua
Published in: on November 8, 2007 at 2:02 pm  Leave a Comment  

Alleged child molester apparently flees


Sheriff’s detectives are searching for a man wanted on multiple child-molestation charges, spokesman Sgt. Tim Curran said.

Authorities issued a $750,000 warrant Monday for Richard Torres, 37.

Torres had made arrangements with detectives to surrender Wednesday but failed to show up. When authorities checked his home in the 7500 block of Cedar Drive, they discovered he had packed his belongings and left.

Torres is described as white, 5-foot-9 and 200 pounds. He has brown hair and hazel eyes.

Anyone with information about Torres’ whereabouts is asked to call detectives at (916) 874-5115, or Crime Alert at (916) 443-4357. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.

Chelsea Phua
Published in: on November 8, 2007 at 2:02 pm  Leave a Comment  

Child molester from Noblesville gets 8 years


A Noblesville man has been sentenced to eight years in prison for molesting a 5-year-old girl in Cicero in 2005.

With credit for good behavior in prison, Timothy Moore will serve four years, minus 234 days credited for time served in jail. Monday, Hamilton Circuit Judge Judith Proffitt sentenced the 32-year-old on a felony child-molesting charge.

After his release, he will serve two years in a work-release program, then be on probation for two years.

On Sept. 26, a jury convicted Moore on the molestation charge but found him not guilty of a similar felony. The jury could not reach a decision on a more serious child molesting felony, which carried a sentence of 20 to 50 years.

Moore’s attorney, Jim Crum, told the judge that his client maintains he is innocent.
Crum said prosecutors have decided not to retry Moore for the more serious felony, and both sides have agreed to the sentence.

“Entering into the agreement is not an admission of guilt,” Crum said. “(A retrial) saves both families from going through the trial process again.”

Deputy Prosecutor Stephanie Smith said she is fine with the agreement. After Moore is released from prison and has completed the work release program, he will be required to register as a sex offender, and can’t live within 1,000 feet of a school or public park or within a mile of the victim.

Before the judge read the sentence, the victim’s father made a statement.

He told the judge that shortly after the allegations came to light, it took his young daughter several months to even give him a hug.

“Whatever he (Moore) gets (jail time) isn’t enough.”
Moore waved and blew his family members a kiss before leaving the courtroom, escorted by sheriff’s deputies.

He will remain in the Hamilton County Jail until the Department of Correction moves him to a permanent location.

Published in: on November 8, 2007 at 6:02 am  Leave a Comment  

Child molester from Noblesville gets 8 years


A Noblesville man has been sentenced to eight years in prison for molesting a 5-year-old girl in Cicero in 2005.

With credit for good behavior in prison, Timothy Moore will serve four years, minus 234 days credited for time served in jail. Monday, Hamilton Circuit Judge Judith Proffitt sentenced the 32-year-old on a felony child-molesting charge.

After his release, he will serve two years in a work-release program, then be on probation for two years.

On Sept. 26, a jury convicted Moore on the molestation charge but found him not guilty of a similar felony. The jury could not reach a decision on a more serious child molesting felony, which carried a sentence of 20 to 50 years.

Moore’s attorney, Jim Crum, told the judge that his client maintains he is innocent.
Crum said prosecutors have decided not to retry Moore for the more serious felony, and both sides have agreed to the sentence.

“Entering into the agreement is not an admission of guilt,” Crum said. “(A retrial) saves both families from going through the trial process again.”

Deputy Prosecutor Stephanie Smith said she is fine with the agreement. After Moore is released from prison and has completed the work release program, he will be required to register as a sex offender, and can’t live within 1,000 feet of a school or public park or within a mile of the victim.

Before the judge read the sentence, the victim’s father made a statement.

He told the judge that shortly after the allegations came to light, it took his young daughter several months to even give him a hug.

“Whatever he (Moore) gets (jail time) isn’t enough.”
Moore waved and blew his family members a kiss before leaving the courtroom, escorted by sheriff’s deputies.

He will remain in the Hamilton County Jail until the Department of Correction moves him to a permanent location.

Published in: on November 8, 2007 at 6:02 am  Leave a Comment  

Glendale Church Volunteer Arrested for Child Molestation


A 53-year-old man is in the custody of Glendale police on charges he molested three children more than a decade ago. The suspect has spent time volunteering at local churches.

The man taught catechism classes at these local churches. He’s now facing 15 felony counts of sexual assault on a minor.

Fifty-three-year-old Donald Allen, church volunteer and, says the District Attorney’s office, a child molester.

Police say Allen sexually assaulted three children, ages 5 to 12, crimes investigators say happened 10 to 15 years ago.

“They come forward years later, after the fact,” said Glendale Police Dept. Spokesman John Balian. “But by going public with this, his arrest, hoping there are no victims, but if there are, we can give them some kind of closure.”

An anonymous tip led investigators to Donald Allen, a man who has volunteered at Holy Family Church in Glendale, and Saint Dominics Church in Eagle Rock for the past 12 years.

“He just happened to be a volunteer at these churches,” said Balian. “But we don’t have any information to believe that the victims were members of the church.”

Both churches are situated directly across the street from elementary schools.

“You know, you hear about it in other communities, and you just hope it didn’t happen in your community, but unfortunately that’s what we’re facing today,” said Balian.

Allen has been arrested and is being held in lieu of $1.5 million bail.

Tod Tamberg, spokesman for the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, told Eyewitness News that once learned of the charges, announcements were made at Masses, in church, and in a bulletin instructing anyone with more information or possible victims to contact the Glendale Police Department.

Investigators believe there may well be more victims that have yet to come forward. If you know anything, you’re asked to call the Glendale Police Dept. at (818) 507-STOP (7867).

Published in: on November 8, 2007 at 5:56 am  Leave a Comment  

Glendale Church Volunteer Arrested for Child Molestation


A 53-year-old man is in the custody of Glendale police on charges he molested three children more than a decade ago. The suspect has spent time volunteering at local churches.

The man taught catechism classes at these local churches. He’s now facing 15 felony counts of sexual assault on a minor.

Fifty-three-year-old Donald Allen, church volunteer and, says the District Attorney’s office, a child molester.

Police say Allen sexually assaulted three children, ages 5 to 12, crimes investigators say happened 10 to 15 years ago.

“They come forward years later, after the fact,” said Glendale Police Dept. Spokesman John Balian. “But by going public with this, his arrest, hoping there are no victims, but if there are, we can give them some kind of closure.”

An anonymous tip led investigators to Donald Allen, a man who has volunteered at Holy Family Church in Glendale, and Saint Dominics Church in Eagle Rock for the past 12 years.

“He just happened to be a volunteer at these churches,” said Balian. “But we don’t have any information to believe that the victims were members of the church.”

Both churches are situated directly across the street from elementary schools.

“You know, you hear about it in other communities, and you just hope it didn’t happen in your community, but unfortunately that’s what we’re facing today,” said Balian.

Allen has been arrested and is being held in lieu of $1.5 million bail.

Tod Tamberg, spokesman for the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, told Eyewitness News that once learned of the charges, announcements were made at Masses, in church, and in a bulletin instructing anyone with more information or possible victims to contact the Glendale Police Department.

Investigators believe there may well be more victims that have yet to come forward. If you know anything, you’re asked to call the Glendale Police Dept. at (818) 507-STOP (7867).

Published in: on November 8, 2007 at 5:56 am  Leave a Comment